I laughed @ this answer

Seems people are torn on this.

Like I said I just thought it was funny to be so obviously contradicting.

I personally support the game by buying stash tabs, nothing else I really want in the game.
Currently have 41 and I feel solid at that # right now which what I like to do.

Extra stash tabs gives me a huge advantage in many aspects of the game:
Time saved bouncing accounts
Crafting
Selling on POE Trade

Which are just a few of the advantages that you pay for.

Would character inventory buy able tabs be game breaking?
Short answer no.

Advantages:
More lower level currency on market. Alt, chromes, augs, trans would see increases and possibly bring rates back to 20:1 Alts, which many people preferred over 16:1. Crafting would see a boost from this both jewels and linking again.

More not so hot sell able items would appear on POE trade. This benefits new players to be able to afford not near perfect items for early and late game. Also late game players could see an increase in currency selling these items.

Players getting more time to play the game rather than worrying about ID's stuff in inventory while running maps cause more rare's dropped.

I personally would find it more fun at end of the map to ID say 4 tabs of items than 1 tab portal back and forth multiple times.

It is only a boost for POE sales and does not affect the game

Disadvantages:

Course you would have to pay but it is a F2P game so it not like you have to buy them just like stash tabs.

You were limited by portals prior for sell able items. I can easily ID everything in a map and never had an issue with bringing back what I wanted previously.

Regal/Chaos will see a boost in market..... This is bad why? Two very good currency for trading and crafting.

RMT might increase even more but that already is happening.
Not sure he really contradicted himself. Stash tabs are not inventory tabs. you cannot carry your stash into a map with you, and maps are where you get the gear worth keeping. 6 portals max, and limited inventory forces you to make a choice. that's what he was saying.

On the whole f2p bit: I don't even bother anymore. it's a marketing ploy, always has been, since no company can really exist without charging for what they do. Anyone who thinks that there is some mystical place where a real f2p game exists is in all honesty being naïve. they don't exist. micro transactions exist, and it's up to the company (and the paying customer base) as to what the threshold of this is.

I see stash tabs in a whole different level then inventory, which is what the original question was about. They feel that paying for extra stash is not the same as inventory, and based on their current design, I agree. If portals out of maps were unlimited, then it would be different. as it is, you have to choose what to leave and what to take. even if you have 500 stash tabs, this won't change.

bringing the f2p ethics argument in this is kicking a dead horse...aint gonna get any dedder. You might as well argue that the tooth fairy exists...both are in the realms of fantasy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info