I laughed @ this answer

Stash tabs obviously provide an advantage over players not wanting to use them for their own reasons (too expensive, don't want to pay for features that are not 100% cosmetic, don't want to invest in the game in the long term, etc...)

I play this game quite a lot, so I personally have 30 premium stash tabs. I have burnt quite a few bucks to get them.

It makes my life sooooo much easier, it allows me to have tabs dedicated to the chaos/regal recipes, tabs dedicated to my poe.trade shop, tabs dedicated to stockpile agate amulets to chance Voll's, tabs dedicated to starter gear so my new chars level 10x faster, etc... etc...

So obviously, it's a form of legal Pay2Win, Pay2Convenience, Pay2CallItWhateverYouLike.
Just accept the fact and live with it.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
Stash tabs obviously provide an advantage over players not wanting to use them for their own reasons (too expensive, don't want to pay for features that are not 100% cosmetic, don't want to invest in the game in the long term, etc...)

I play this game quite a lot, so I personally have 30 premium stash tabs. I have burnt quite a few bucks to get them.

It makes my life sooooo much easier, it allows me to have tabs dedicated to the chaos/regal recipes, tabs dedicated to my poe.trade shop, tabs dedicated to stockpile agate amulets to chance Voll's, tabs dedicated to starter gear so my new chars level 10x faster, etc... etc...

So obviously, it's a form of legal Pay2Win, Pay2Convenience, Pay2CallItWhateverYouLike.
Just accept the fact and live with it.

But having more inventory space is a totally different thing, cos it limits in total how much you can bring out of maps! Portals are limited but scrolls back to HO are not (from the outside world). Everyone gets 6 portals per map, but if you had more inventory space you'll be able to bring more crap out.

Regal recipes don't matter here cos you are limited by ring drops. There is 0 sense in stacking 20 helms and boots while you have 1 ring in your stash. You just don't pick the rares up and you save a crap ton of space in your stash.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
linkstatic wrote:
But having more inventory space is a totally different thing, cos it limits in total how much you can bring out of maps! Portals are limited but scrolls back to HO are not (from the outside world). Everyone gets 6 portals per map, but if you had more inventory space you'll be able to bring more crap out.

Regal recipes don't matter here cos you are limited by ring drops. There is 0 sense in stacking 20 helms and boots while you have 1 ring in your stash. You just don't pick the rares up and you save a crap ton of space in your stash.

It's obviously a different story, but I think the consequences would be more or less in the same vein.
It's up to GGG to decide.
You all know, you can make more accounts and use their stash tabs. I remember someone from GGG saying that they are okay with this
I'd like to see a purse for currency.
So a 4x4 purse that can be placed in the inventory, giving 2x5 space for currency only.

I'll probably make a suggestion post. (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1410854)
Last edited by RootCookie on Aug 28, 2015, 6:37:48 AM
"
jota1500 wrote:
Answer from Chris's recent post.

"Will you ever introduce inventory tabs (similar to stash tabs but with a limit)?

I think it's unlikely, because constrained inventory space is an important gameplay element to us. It promotes interesting decisions about items and discourages players from trucking everything that drops back to the vendor. It's also important for maps. Paying for inventory space in the field is also paying for gameplay advantage, which we don't do."

GGG sells stash tabs for money, which in turn allows for more items kept for crafting, vendor receipts, and selling. This gives said individual a currency advantage among other things.

So GGG does allow paying for gameplay advantage.

People with less stash tabs sell their item finds quicker, thus generating currency sooner, which means they can trade for better items in a new league, get more DPS, thus map sooner, thus get even more items quicker and then more MF quicker and become richer than the people with lots of stash tabs.

Many stash tabs not make character rich.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Offer them a legit million $ and they will change their minds. Money talks.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Stash tabs are certainly real money for gameplay advantage. They're something that the f2p doesn't have, and if used correctly, have an in-game effect.

The advantage (when compared to the effort it would take to make and run mule accounts and multibox) is small enough to fall below most people's acceptable level.

Of course I wish that GGG didn't charge for it at all and never had deal with anyone's opinionated thresholds and instead stayed true to their mission of "pure" F2P, but that's not what GGG wanted. Past that, it's probably not wrong to say that the game as it is now exists purely because of stash tab purchases.

Anyway, this is like a 4 year old argument around here and everyone that actually cares strongly about it left years ago when they realized GGG wouldn't budge.
I do think though with all the new added things we could use abit more space. Not much, just abit. I really often feel like it's not enough now.
Shopping and handbag tidiness = hardcore gaming.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info