At what point can you no longer play self found?

"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"
Psyringe wrote:

It may just be me, but I'm not finding enough hammers to sustain full chiseling on my high level maps. (Getting low level maps for the recipe is not a problem, it's the hammers.)

Hrrmm, do you have all three versions highlighted on your filter (stone hammer, rock breaker, gavel)?

Yep.

To sustain full chiseling, the combined number of chisels and hammers that I find per map would have to be at least 4 (not counting the required low level maps because those I get anyway). I think I'm finding about 3 per map on average, perhaps slightly less (I do clean the maps completely, including containers). But perhaps I've just been a bit unlucky in that regard.

I do have about 100 chisels in my stash though, so I could just stop buying them for a few days, and test out the Zana mods. I guess I'll so that. :)
I know anuhart does the vendor chisel trade from time to time.

Honestly I think you guys are over estimating how much of an impact chiseling maps makes. I dont notice any meaningful difference in map drops from running white, running 60% quant, running 100% quant, running 150% quant, running 150% quant with domination zana mod... Im as likely to brick a map with chisels, 4 sac pieces, ridiculous mods + a zana mod as I am a white map, youre moving from like 99% rng to 97% rng, its pretty meaningless. You brick a white map and blame yourself for not rolling, then you brick 150% domination map and blame rng... nah its just all rng, dont beat yourself up over chisels its a drop in the ocean of random imo.

I could alch n go 30 maps in a day or spend 600 chaos, 120 chisels, 90 sacrifice pieces and its pretty much 50/50 which one will pay out more in returns. If I was self found theres no way Id invest that sort of wealth in them.
When should you stop trading

"
Druga1757 wrote:
The point your patience runs out.
94,5 and not stopping here.. :D
d:-D*
When I finally have a look at my equip properly and puke out of pure disgust of what I'm wearing while leveling.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
After getting to act 1 town in normal.
Not sure what the point of self-found is in a game where the drop rate of any remotely useful items is near zero, unless you enjoy torturing yourself. PoE is not like other games that actually makes sense in terms of difficulty vs drop rate. You don't NEED excellent items in other games because they're luxuries and only makes leveling easier. Unlike in PoE where you will pretty much die every other minute without the best stuff, completely stupid. There is no "gear progression" whatsoever in PoE, gear is separated into two tiers, "garbage that gets you one-shot by every other boss in the game" or "OP stuff that makes everything a cakewalk". Completely defeats the purpose of a loot game.
Last edited by melodia1 on Aug 29, 2015, 2:15:52 PM
"
melodia1 wrote:
After getting to act 1 town in normal.
Not sure what the point of self-found is in a game where the drop rate of any remotely useful items is near zero, unless you enjoy torturing yourself. PoE is not like other games that actually makes sense in terms of difficulty vs drop rate. You don't NEED excellent items in other games because they're luxuries and only makes leveling easier. Unlike in PoE where you will pretty much die every other minute without the best stuff, completely stupid. There is no "gear progression" whatsoever in PoE, gear is separated into two tiers, "garbage that gets you one-shot by every other boss in the game" or "OP stuff that makes everything a cakewalk". Completely defeats the purpose of a loot game.

Sounds like you don't know how to play this game if you think that is the case. While it does get progressively harder to get better gear, you can do fine without it. The crafting system and recipe system enables that.
I play self-found and solo and have done so since I started playing (start of open beta).

My defenition on self-found is different from others. I only wear items I have found or crafted myself.

I do however trade orbs for other orbs. The reason I do that is that I like to craft and I have limited playtime (fulltime job and three kids 5 year old and younger).

The reason I play self-found in the first place is that I want this game to last. If I just buy all the best stuff I'l just get bored with the game.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
"
melodia1 wrote:
Unlike in PoE where you will pretty much die every other minute without the best stuff

sounds like a playstyle-issue to me...

and to Rusherboy: i just ripped with my level 94,5 100% selffound summoner, to my big surprise my daily playtime is 4 hours and 15 minutes.. so selffounding seems to be fine, even if you like to stare at the ladder... :D
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info