Developer Q&A: 187 Questions Answered!

"
vio wrote:
am i the only one who finds the increased trust in external trading tools worrying?
how is that correlating with their intention to prevent players stating buyout prices for items?

I don't remember them specificly saying that. The buyout prices are actually only suggestions (at least i use them as such), there is another stat for fixed price. I don't see the problem, there are always enough to buy from without price tags. But most players don't buy those because they often have no idea what the price should be. Many players seem to like to buy fixed prices.
Nice! So many questions answered (also some of mine, yeah!) Keep up the good work!!!
"
Serrã wrote:
"

I love playing games and Path of Exile has been my go to game for the past few months. Me being only 16 i'm looking into going into a field that is involving computers and I've contemplated game design or game programming. Do you have any tips for how I can get started towards this dream?

Get some easy game development tools and start making games! Good starting tools like GameMaker don't require previous knowledge and they let you learn the process and some programming techniques as you experiment.

[Answered adressed to the guy who posted the question, or anyone like him]

Careful tough. Making video games requires, obviously, computer programming. And compouter programming requires mathematics. Like... a lot. Not really "compute stuff" but more like "I have a problem whose statement doesn't fit anything I have ever seen; how do I solve it ?".

I'm not trying to break a dream, but like with everything, it requires work. As a conclusion : you don't make video games just because you like it. You will have to study and work hard.

[Teacher spotted]

I have no direct experience at all but from what I heard in the past year, some games have no own programming at all anymore. With things like Unity indi-games can be developed with minimal programming. That doesn't mean that it's bad to learn it ;) but I think it all changes away from the hardcore coding (when you don't try to build something like ggg ;) )
"
They're cool ideas, though we're wary about putting too much development time into stuff that is special for just one day.

But isn't PvP a true example of time being spent just for one day? hah
"
I was wondering, will you add at some point option to inspect people's gear?

You can look at characters' equipped items on the website, if they have their privacy settings set to allow it. We are very close to adding a button in the game client that loads up this page for a player.

Wait...WHAT???????

I sure as hell hope that button will be tied to the privacy settings!!!!!!!!!
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
Is that a wall of text or are u just happy to see me?
Hire me GGG, i draw concept art..
Thank you for your time GGG!
Thanks for all this Answers.

Iam happy that your Team is so Social.
You can be proud on your team !

(Sry for the bad English, hehe)

A german one ^^
That was a very great read, thank you! I read every single one of them, I usually spend this time to do some pre-sleep Reddit browsing but this Q&A was very interesting throughout all the questions, no Reddit for me tonight :P
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Aug 27, 2015, 9:18:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info