Developer Q&A: 187 Questions Answered!

Awesome to see so much engagement with the community!

"
Any Words of how far the German Translation is?

Die Übersetzung ist fast abgeschlossen.

There are other factors to sort out as well for European launches, such as pricing in Euros, European press, European community management, translation of the news, etc.

As someone who has been playing POE since beta and reads news posts daily, I'd be happy to help with translating them into German (I'm a native speaker and have translated academic texts as well as flyers and the like from German to English and back).
What do you consider the biggest compromise you've made to the original vision of the game?

"
Chris wrote:
Adding more item allocation options. It's meant to be Free for All :-(

"
oggimog wrote:
"
Serrã wrote:
"

I love playing games and Path of Exile has been my go to game for the past few months. Me being only 16 i'm looking into going into a field that is involving computers and I've contemplated game design or game programming. Do you have any tips for how I can get started towards this dream?

Get some easy game development tools and start making games! Good starting tools like GameMaker don't require previous knowledge and they let you learn the process and some programming techniques as you experiment.

[Answered adressed to the guy who posted the question, or anyone like him]

Careful tough. Making video games requires, obviously, computer programming. And compouter programming requires mathematics. Like... a lot. Not really "compute stuff" but more like "I have a problem whose statement doesn't fit anything I have ever seen; how do I solve it ?".

I'm not trying to break a dream, but like with everything, it requires work. As a conclusion : you don't make video games just because you like it. You will have to study and work hard.

[Teacher spotted]

I have no direct experience at all but from what I heard in the past year, some games have no own programming at all anymore. With things like Unity indi-games can be developed with minimal programming. That doesn't mean that it's bad to learn it ;) but I think it all changes away from the hardcore coding (when you don't try to build something like ggg ;) )

Like I said, the main problem is not really mathematics and computer programming, but the ability to solve problems related to what you are working with (that is, algorithmics). This is teached usually in mathematics / computer science studies.

This is what requires work. Passion is not enough.
IGN : KC_Serra (among other chars)
Thank you for the replies! Took me 2 days to read but was worth it! =)
Atziri's everywhere, best idea ever
------------------>> IGN: Puerrto <<------------------
Nerfing implicits to make blessed orbs more relevant seems like a great way to start a riot ...
"
Moozz2 wrote:
Your Question:
I have hoarded a large volume of gems - (I realize about the current ease for obtaining gems in Awakening). But could there be a craft to consume excessive gem drop?

Your Answer:
Low-level, non-quality gems are very easy to get. It has always been possible to get a lot of them from early quest rewards, and it's now cheap to get them from vendors. At this stage, we don't plan to add a sink for these gems.

Solution: Trading with Vendor
You can trade 3 same color and same level (magic, rare, etc...) to vendor for a similar jewel of same type. Meaning trade 3 unwanted jewels for one of same type, with new stats.

You're suggesting a sink for jewels when the question was about gems.
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Moozz2 wrote:
You can trade 3 same color and same level (magic, rare, etc...) to vendor for a similar jewel of same type. Meaning trade 3 unwanted jewels for one of same type, with new stats.

it was talked about redunant gems, not jewels...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Moozz2 wrote:

it was talked about redunant gems, not jewels...

Gems are a type of jewel.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I thoroughly enjoyed this Dev Q&A thread. Good stuff GGG.

I am also impressed with my question being added, as the first I might add :)

"Do you follow a development methodology, such as Agile development using Scrum?

We use an ad hoc methodology that has evolved over the years to serve our needs. The cycle length of patches varies a lot depending on how large they are. It works really well for 2-3 week content patches, and scales down to patches that just involve a few small changes. More complicated production techniques are required for large expansions."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info