Improve a unique or two.

actually veil wasn't that horrible.

before the change to block (acrobatics has 30% less block) you could make a max spell block/high spell dodge character using veil and didn't need to spend an ounce of anything for resistances. afterall it does technically give the most resistances you can get on one item (180 total, -60-60-60 all up to 0 in merc).

i'd prefer if it was 30% more defenses tho, thats how i'd improve it. defenses including regeneration and everything, if it doesn't already include that.
"
xMustard wrote:
actually veil wasn't that horrible.

before the change to block (acrobatics has 30% less block) you could make a max spell block/high spell dodge character using veil and didn't need to spend an ounce of anything for resistances. afterall it does technically give the most resistances you can get on one item (180 total, -60-60-60 all up to 0 in merc).

i'd prefer if it was 30% more defenses tho, thats how i'd improve it. defenses including regeneration and everything, if it doesn't already include that.

Zero resist is just a death sentence.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Change it to 20% chance on hit to cast socketed minion skills.

It gives you Acrobatics, but in order to take Phase Acrobatics you have to take Acrobatics anyway...

either change it to both Acro and Phase or at least just Phase, which would save you a whopping 1 skill point, or throw it in the garbage pile.

the same can be said for....

though it has somewhat more use. But if people are going to take Blood Magic, they are very likely going to take Mortal Conviction.

EDIT: OK, I just went and checked the Simula too.. so they improved this one as well. My closets are dusty, but still, w/o Mortal Conviction having Blood Magic keystone is catering to a very very small market.
Last edited by respwnd on Aug 27, 2015, 11:55:49 AM
"
respwnd wrote:

It gives you Acrobatics, but in order to take Phase Acrobatics you have to take Acrobatics anyway...

either change it to both Acro and Phase or at least just Phase, which would save you a whopping 1 skill point, or throw it in the garbage pile.

They actually improved that, The new one is highly decent sorta.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
respwnd wrote:

They actually improved that, The new one is highly decent sorta.

Oh! I must have missed that update. Good to know.

Anyone want to buy a couple of LEGACY Hyrri's Ire? Ohhh LEGACY!
Rainbowstrides that are actually fucking RAINBOW
"
saladful wrote:

Other than that, it's actually fine. I love sweeping the entire screen with it, shame it becomes useless after maybe 10 levels.

That design is intended since it is a leveling unique.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
As an aside, every "leveling unique" feels like wasted design space to me. It shouldn't be impossible to put bits on them that can make the item useful into later sections of the game, especially now that we have +X/Level affixes.

Making the "leveling uniques" a hell of a lot more interesting is a great way for GGG to reuse existing content (3d art, 2d art, lore).

---

As an example of this, and one of my current "I wish it was just a little bit better" uniques:

Quecholli currently has:
. (80-100)% ipd
. +5-25 phys
. +(25-50) all attributes
. +10 lgok
. Enemies killed explode dealing 10% of their life as fire damage

Change it to:
. (80-100)% ipd
. +5-25 phys
. +(25-50) all attributes
. +10 lgok
. Enemies killed explode dealing 10% of their life as fire damage
. +2 fire damage added to spells per level

Quecholli is an absolute blast to use, but being so low level, it's virtually worthless for attacking builds after act 3 normal.

However, its unique effect (corpse explosion on everything) can certainly scale into late cruel and merciless and even low maps via casting builds. Currently though, even counting the corpse explosion into your damage, it's lacking any offensive caster stats that a comparable rare would have -- no global crit, cast speed, added spell damage, or +spell levels.

The +attributes are a godsend already for certain casters, so that doesn't need to be touched. The physical stats and the LGOK are ignorable, but keep its purpose as a "leveling unique".

Adding "+2 fire damage/level to spells" is roughly equivalent to supporting all of your spells with a fire version of Added Cold/Light/Chaos support gem.

It'll still be handily outdone in raw dps by any casting staff, but it should be good enough to try and build off the corpse explosion at higher levels (alongside stuff like dual -fire res curse, possibly EE as well).
I wish a lot of them were just on better bases. If a unique has 0 life and 0 resists that's enough compromise. It doesn't need to have a shitty amount of arm/Eva/es as well. The balancing is always heavy handed in favor of drawbac ks outweighing bonuses. I like the idea of good rare being better than uniques but "good" is the key word there. Not any old junk rare being better which sadly is the case with a good deal of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info