0.9.4d Patch Notes

Something went wrong, the rate of currency drops and other rare stuff is ridiculously high in chaos.
"
DrTenma wrote:
Something went absolutely right, the rate of currency drops and other rare stuff is ridiculously well balanced in chaos.

Fixed that up a bit for you
IRON MAN
I'm finding about an orb a minute in merciless Fellshrine.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
What +% quantity, out of curiosity?

1 per minute seems about accurate, too. Even though a good deal of it is scrolls.
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 6, 2011, 11:59:32 PM
60% quantity. I meant just crafting items :p The scrolls would at least double the rate. A second run netted me 13 orbs in about 20 minutes.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
"
FaceLicker wrote:
very interesting.. i'm liking the currency drops from bosses. i secretly always hated how that was revoked.

This specific change (currency dropping from bosses) is getting revoked again until it's fixed. In our internal testing, this did not occur. Enjoy it for the next couple of hours I guess...

We're not trying to nerf the currency drops (and are happy for it to drop a little more often than before), but today's crazy amount was unintended. We'll get it right tomorrow.

I'll be deploying the change that turns currency off (from bosses) when I get back home.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Dec 7, 2011, 1:07:38 AM
I don't know if I've ever had more than 3 supports on a skill in the history of this game (even though I play a ton, I always seem to be 5 times poorer than everyone else — I don't know how you get your pimped gear)
but regardless, I've never had mana problems. Even with 3 supports on my Avatar of fire templar, I can deal with it with 1 mana flask (surgeon's) and 2 vials, all at 0% quality.

Not having mana leech anymore is a huge downside to avatar of fire, but personally I can still afford spamming my skill as long as I spam my flask.

In 0.92(and I guess 0.93 too) I didn't even surgeon's flasks, but now with avatar of fire I probably do.

All that said, spellcasting does seem to have mana issues — but I only consider it a problem at low level (my fireball caster seemed to be rather weak considering I'd always run out of mana without any supports attached). At high level, I don't see why people complain about mana costs — their spells have generally dealt tons of damage. Non spell casters (like rangers) can use mana leech also, or rely on surgeons — I'm just not seeing it.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Dec 7, 2011, 2:12:52 AM
Damn it, I crashed as I logged back in.
IRON MAN
"
Chris wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:
very interesting.. i'm liking the currency drops from bosses. i secretly always hated how that was revoked.

I think in the drop rate of currency items is a bad

This specific change (currency dropping from bosses) is getting revoked again until it's fixed. In our internal testing, this did not occur. Enjoy it for the next couple of hours I guess...

We're not trying to nerf the currency drops (and are happy for it to drop a little more often than before), but today's crazy amount was unintended. We'll get it right tomorrow.

I'll be deploying the change that turns currency off (from bosses) when I get back home.

I think in the drop rate of currency items is a bad misunderstanding.
At first: At the moment the much changes in drop rate make it for a couple of players too much and for a couple of players to low. There is need a global opinion about that.

When I was in Chaos, then I´m an endgame-player. There I need the currency items only for the best gear and not like the rest of the gamers to come forward in this crazy difficulties!

THEN: There is a bad ratio between low and high orbs.
With the rise of my lvl and the difficulties it´s hard as singleplayer to get the right gear, so I need many Alchemys and not tons of Transformation. Till today, Merciless, mid Act 1, I´ve found 3! That´s nothing. In 0.9.2. I need 30 of it to get the gear I need to come forward. The drop rate in chaos I do not care! I need first some high orbs to come to chaos. That´s the sense of playing the difficulties.

With Patch 0.9.5. you´ve said in chat we can sell Stuff and get back Orbs and you implement fortunately an exchange office for orbs, so that we can change (example) 200 Scroll of Wisdom to 1 Alchemy or so. That’s need!!!!!! Because the way is the game and not the endgame and the focus must be for singleplayers. At this point we can talk about currency balancing. Now, without these options, it’s not useful!

The feedback of high skilled 5 person groups about drop rates is … Hm, not good too because all of these players have high gear and are equipped with over 100% Quantity stuff and so on and play much more easy as one player alone. A single player torture the game from difficulty to difficulty with bad gear, no drop luck and bad currency drops are frustrating and often many asking’s for help in the chat or forum will be laughed by others. What feedback is more useful to balance the game?

What’s about a “Toyota” driver when I run the Autobahn with my V8?
We need to difference the feedback between single and group players. Some arrogance from those group heroes about the guys who run alone thru the game and are too “stupid” to pass it, bring the game not forward, its more a brake and distort the opinion about balancing! Think about!

CEST (Wintertime UTC (GMT) +1 // Summertime UTC (GMT) +2))
In Beta since 25. August 2011

Basic Point Pack Supporter - 120 USD till today!
We are not less usefull as the "BlingBling" supporters!
Last edited by JACK_RABBITz on Dec 7, 2011, 4:54:02 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.4d:

• Doubled the size of "percentage accuracy increase" passive skills.

Can't you add a little bit of base accuracy to these passive skills like "+10 base accuracy and +3% total accuracy"? Dex passives are more useful anyway because they give you +dex, which increase base accuracy, evasion and can be used for gems/items.
But the +% accuracy aren't good if you have a low base accuracy (str/int focused classes) and are to powerful with a high base accuracy (dex classes).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info