[2.2] Lowlife BM 10Aura 3-6Curse EE Conduit Hard Support - NO ENLIGHTEN NEEDED

I'm messing around with this approach in HC right now. Seems strong.

Specifically, building around armour rather than evasion.

You can tweak a few things and hit ~8500 es w/ alphas and prism (9 aura), or 10-10.5k es w/ the vertex (8 aura.) Basically the key is to empower a level 21 discipline in a +2 aura item like Alpha's, or Prism, or a +1 all item like the vertex. Level 25 discipline is insane. Level 24 grace isn't too bad either.

Unsure which I prefer as there isn't a lot of mapping going on yet, but did some triple damage volcanos earlier and it was very easy.

(Ignore the shavs colours, I'm just holding off recolouring until I'm sure of everything; just dual cursing for now.)

Defensive stats are:

Alpha's -

Vertex -

Since it's uncommon in HC to have 6 player parties, and most folk get a benefit from anger but not wrath, dropping wrath isn't always a problem. The benefits of Vertex are obvious.
@BeerPact
Some more fiddling and it is possible to jam 9 auras in w/ the Vertex with tri-curse, if you are willing to drop to 4% base purities (81/81/82 resists.) I think this is worth doing because you end up with 17% MORE energy shield vs 11% more ele dmg taken. Also only needs a level 1 enlighten in the helm. If you have a level 3 enlighten you can switch discipline into the prism guardian for even more ES.

Also, Sin Trek is pretty good for this build. You might be able to get an amazing corruption since they are so cheap.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Oct 11, 2015, 4:12:12 PM
I agree that maxing discipline is the way to go in HC. I skimped a little bit on the survivability to try to maximize team damage (and I was optimizing it for my windripper buddy) because I was playing SC, but I agree, when on HC, max defensive auras first. I've noticed that most HC support builds have significantly less cursing/aura power and focus on additional life, so the more power to you if you manage 9 auras and 3+ curses since it's a lot more than most, especially given that you have a pretty insane survivability level too.

25k armor/9k es/Shavronne's revelation makes this build insanely tanky, too (actually with that setup you remove most of the weaknesses of the base build which is awesome). Iron Reflexes with Grace+Determ stack looks like it's doing work.
IGN: kmu//KaruiStorm//RIPInDueTime//ScionOrAWonder//RIPPEDInVasionTime//UmbralRampage
Just got very lucky :)

@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Oct 11, 2015, 11:12:38 PM
Here's an example of why I think armour is the better approach...

Or this.

Map props were:

+30% Monster AOE
+30% Boss Damage
+25% Boss Attack & Cast Speed
Frenzy Charges

And a couple of very high hit rate players causing him to spew nados like a fountain.

The effect of high armour vs these type of fights is phenomenal.
@BeerPact
Last edited by muir on Oct 13, 2015, 11:35:44 PM
would be nice to see an updated version of this setup, maybe with ascendancy class choice :)
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
"
guggelhupf wrote:
would be nice to see an updated version of this setup, maybe with ascendancy class choice :)

I'll look into updating it. Occultist looks like it'd be really strong for it, with Malediction adding even more curse power (as well as letting you drop a +1curse item) and Wicked Ward helping a lot with survivability.

Otherwise, I'd reimagine it as a templar with Guardian being amazing. I'll update the main guidepage when I'm not at work.
IGN: kmu//KaruiStorm//RIPInDueTime//ScionOrAWonder//RIPPEDInVasionTime//UmbralRampage
Sorry, but I can't see the tree
Last edited by kiddds on May 29, 2016, 9:49:52 AM
I have been using this build for Essence SC and would like to say it is fantastic. My carry loves the extreme DPS increase.

However, since they are an Assassin shadow with damage bonuses against full life enemies the CoH setup was impacting their performance. This has been solved using Piscator's Vigil which deals 0 physical damage and Kinetic Blast. You need to have no X - Y damage bonuses on your equipment for this to work and it is a pretty niche thing but I thought I would mention it.
Last edited by Sashimono on Dec 1, 2016, 9:08:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info