c) Passive Tree Progression
d) Bandits

4) Leveling Guide

a) Class choice
b) Basic Leveling Progression Guide

5) Videos

1) Introduction

a) Build concept and mechanics

Welcome to my second build guide featuring my Hyaon's Fury RT Lightning Cycloner.
The idea came into my mind when looking at the unique legion sword Hyaon's Fury. It is clearly focused around very high lightning damage output while sacrificing a little bit of your survivability.
This build tries to utilize this while maintaining a decent defence. Guessing from the name, we are going Resolute Technique, allowing us to drop crit and accuracy and totally focus on life, attack speed, movement speed and elemental damage.

High mobility is key in a melee build, thus we are reaching roughly 50% passive movement speed, which after frenzy charges and a quicksilver flask quickly reaches levels far beyond 100%. Our most important source of movement is whirling blades, though, which, augmented with faster attacks and a immense %increased attack speed modifier of over 200, reaches a level of speed that is unmatched (you may want to watch my act 1 merciless speedrun in the video section for reference).

For defences we are looking at 5.5-6.5k life, Acrobatics, a little block from our shield and a decently high evasion of roughly 10-12k.

We use blood rage and the blood dance unique boots for frenzy charge generation (total of 6) which synergize with our Hyaon's.
For sustain we rely on flasks, our life regen from the blood dance of roughly 5% and 120 life on kill from Hyaon's.

b) Pros / Cons

Pros:
- Relatively cheap for what it can do
- Scales well with expensive gear
- atziri viable
- fun to play
- very high clear speed
- high AoE and single target DPS
- can run most map mods
- Very good leveling progression

Cons:
- Some uniques are mandatory, making gearing options limited
- Elemental reflect can instantly kill you if you don't pay attention
- cannot run ele reflect maps
- (after playing this you feel extremly slow on every other character. You may want to ask Bert_ST for confirmation. He's prolly still pouting on his Ice crasher)

2) Gearing

a) Current Gear

b) Gear

Mandatory items

Hyaon's Fury : Price ~ 1 Exalted Orb

The core item of the build. You COULD make this without it but with it the fluff of the build goes away.

The Blood Dance : Price ~ 10 Chaos (good roll)

Offers a ton of life regen and additional frenzy charge regeneration.

Devoto's Devotion : Price ~20-30 Chaos

A perfect item for this build. Decent evasion, attack speed, movement speed (!) and some chaos resist to round this item up. Since we don't care about the reduced physical damage, this item is just a godsend for this build.

(Bronn's Lithe) : 5L Price ~2 Exalted Orbs

I set this in brackets. It's definitely the best body armour for this build. Attack speed, movement speed, levels to cyclone, increased DMG for movement skills and great evasion. You can make this build work with a rare chest but I'd strongly recommend getting this one.

c) Detailed explaination of every gear slot

Helmet : Our choice for the helmet is definitely Devoto's Devotion. While having the downside of not offering life or ele resists, it is
offensive wise the strongest helmet in the game for us: Attack speed and movement speed. Chaos resistance and the great amount of AR/EV
counter the downsides for me. %Reduced physical damage does not affect us in any way. For the starting price of around 15-20c definitely
the best buy.

Body : Bronn's Lithe is offensive wise the absolute best. +2 to Cyclone, up to 50% increased damage AND attack speed AAND movementspeed
coupled with a decent amount of evasion. Wow. This body armour is just nuts. Get it. Alternatives would be Hyrri's Ire or Lightning Coil if you want to go more defensive. Those options are more expensive, though.

Weapon : Hyaon's Fury .. Without it this build wouldn't make much sense, right? up to 440 ele dps pure lightning, great syngergy with frenzy charges and cool.

Shield : Pick a pure evasion shield with general good defensive stats. You priority are resists. Then focus on high evasion, then fill up life. Your highest problem
with this build is going to be how to cap your resists.

Boots : The Blood Dance are the way to go here. Decent movement speed, more frenzy charge generation and the insane life regen you gain from them.
The ultimate goal would be to vaal for +1 frenzy charges, which allows you to drop 2 passive points (which is HUGE). If you're on a budget pick the cheapest ones.
The %chance to gain frenzy charge on kill isn't important, the life regeneration is and that stat is fixed.

Gloves : The gloves have to be your gear slot for the 4B curse setup, so you HAVE to have int based gloves. Otherwise chroming will be a pain in the ass.
EV/ES gloves would be perfect. Your primary goal is to get Int and Attack speed. High Int allows you to drop 1-2 passive points, which is, again, huge.
Other than that, get life and resists if you need them.

Belt : Your belt is the #1 slot for life. Get a leather belt for sure. 140+ life is possible on this gear slot. Try to get atleast 100. Then fill up resists and
if it's inside your budget try to get WED aswell.

Ring 1 : For my left ring slot I'm using a Sibyl's Lament right now. Yes, you're not hallucinating. There actually is a build that uses this piece of garbage.
Actually that ring is not that bad. Decent WED, "usable" life, ~20 flat ele dmg and the most important stat : 30% reduced damage taken from reflect. This
is crucial at a certain gear point. My Cyclone reaches up to 45k tooltip at the moment. If I were to cyclone into a ele reflect golem without my topaz up,
things would get bloody. If you can cap resists without Sibyl's, get it.

Ring 2 : My second ring is just a rare ring. WED, resists and life are what you want. Add flat lightning for fluff. Those rings are quite rare to find on poe.trade
but generally not very expensive. You'll have to invest some time finding exactly what you need.

Amulet : The best base is a lapis, agate or turquoise amulet, because of the implicit int. Either of those, coupled with 30-40+ int gloves allows you to drop 2 passives.
Onyx might work aswell. For stats look for WED first, then life/resists, then flat. Flat on gear is not as important since we get most of our ele dmg from
auras, added lightning and Hyaon's (prolly around 90%). Amulets can grow very expensive very fast so be patient and careful picking your stats.

Don't forget your masters, they can do a lot for you in terms of filling up missing resists.

d) Endgame setup

Disclaimer : this is only for people who are willing to throw dozens of exalts into this build. Probably in the 50-100 range.

The endgame setup would look something like that:

Weapon : 630-650 top lightning hyaon's corrupted with either 0.2% lightning leech or +2 weapon range.
Helmet : perfect devoto's.
Shield : 1500 evasion, 100+ life shield with resists.
Body : 6L 45+% Bronn's
Jewllery: T1-2 WED, T2+ Flat, 70+ life, resists.
Belt : 120+ Life belt with high WED, tri res.
Gloves : High life, 40+ int, attack speed gloves.
Boots : 30% Blood Dance +1 frenzy charge corrupted.

If you have a level 4 Enlighten or 30 exalts lying around you can try a setup with Lightning Coil and Wrath - HoT - PoL - Level 4 Enlighten.
It's a lot tankier, especially vs reflect. Has less damage though..

Gems : 21/20 gems except wrath (only 21). Most important are added lightning, wrath. Quality on Cyclone is crucial.

e) Budget Variant

For a budget variant take a look at the mandatory gear section. These are the recommended minimum gear requirements I can give you. This sums up to a total of roughly 3 exalted orbs excluding rares/gems. I understand that this may be quite a high "budget" for most people but if you are looking for cyclone builds which can be played on a below 1 ex budget or even selffound you may want to take a look at 2H Axe cyclone builds or facebreaker. You COULD make this build work with less. 1 alch blood dance, random 5L chest, lightning dmg foil and rares in other gear slots. Yes it would work, but it would definitely not be stronger than any other random cyclone setup. Thus I wouldn't recommend it.

For gems in a budget variant the most important ones for quality are in order :
Cyclone, Faster attacks, Whirling blades, HoT, lightning pen, blood rage ...

f) Flasks

1 ) Seething Divine Life Flask of Heat : Instant recovery is key to survive, removing freeze is crucial for strongboxes/random freezes

2 ) Saturated Eternal Life Flask of Staunching : Everyone needs bleed removal to survive.

3 ) Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline : maximum movement speed

4 ) Perpetual Topaz Flask of Grounding/Warding : Your choice. Topaz Flask is needed to survive reflect.

5 ) Atziri's Promise : Some leech and 15% extra dmg when we need it. Gem Setup

g) Gems

Body : Cyclone - Blood Magic - Lightning Pen - WED - Faster Attacks - Added Lightning/Conc (playing around with Hypothermia at the moment instead of faster attacks. Might be better..)
Helm : Smoke Mine - Blood Rage - Blood Magic - Portal
Weapon : Vaal Grace - Vaal Haste - Increased Duration
Shield : Summon Flame Golem - Blood Magic | Arctic Armour
Boots : Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic - Fortify
Gloves : Wrath - HoT - CoH - Conductivity

Get quality on every gem besides Wrath..
Feel free to change whatever you want.

j) Jewels

I tried static electricity. It's just not better than rare jewels in terms of damage and survivability. Look for %life, melee/area damage and attack speed with swords. Those 3 stats will cost you 5-20c per jewel and are definitely worth the price.

3) Passives

a) What this tree offers

Offensive:
- 168% elemental damage
- 44% lightning damage
- 15% chance to shock
- 2% penetration
- 8% area damage
- 41% attack speed
- 44% WED
- 44% melee damage
- 5 Jewel sockets
- 1 frenzy charge

Defensive:
- 196% life
- 213% evasion +24% from frenzy charges
- 20% life recovery+recovery speed
- 3% life regen
- acrobatics
- +1 max cold res
- 54% to all elemental resists
- 30% stun avoidance

The 5 jewels offer another 20-30% life, 25-40% attack speed and ~50% increased melee/area damage.

b) My Current Tree

c) Tree Progression

Level 20, 50, 70, 80, 90, 100

This pathing is just rough. Feel free to pick and chose whatever you want on your way. Make sure you have enough INT at the start so you can level your HoT/Wrath.

d) Bandits

Oak - Kraityn - Kraityn

4) Leveling Guide

a) Class choice

Personally I chose the shadow for my character but this build can be played by Ranger, Templar, Duellist and Scion as well. Pick the class you like the most. Shadow and Ranger are equal in points to scion but overall a little bit better. Duellist and Templar have to sacrifice 5 points
somewhere in the tree (probably the shadow elemental nodes). Personally I like the scion but I'd recommend going Shadow or Ranger for this build. Benefits from going Scion is that she can pick RT earlier than duellist/shadow/ranger. Go Templar if you want but spinning around all day is probably too much for an old man..

b) Basic leveling progression guide

Check out this detailed video : Detailed Leveling Guide

Level 1 :

Use Ground slam for the first few levels. With that kind of gear you should breeze though everything.

Level 4 :

Level 5 :

Level 8 : Grab added fire from prison reward and equip

Level 9 :

Level 11:

Level 16: HoT
Level 17:

Level 18: Add Faster Attacks
Level 25:

Level 27:

Level 30:

Level 31: Switch to Cyclone. Cyclone - BM - FA - LGoH. Start using Wrath

Switch to your normal items/uniques while leveling up. I'd recommend farming dried lake on every difficulty. Normal till 40+, Cruel till 62, merciless till 75+.
Dried lake is the best leveling zone in the game outside of maps. Period. (and you have the SLIM chance of dropping a brittle emperor, so why not.. [I didn't yet :< ]).

5) Videos

Leveling Guide
Act 1 Merciless Run
Deathless Atziri run
More will come.

Thanks for reading this guide. If you have any questions please PM me ingame @lethmyr or in the forums. I probably won't read much of what's posted below. Thank you.

Last edited by Lethmyr on Aug 24, 2015, 3:25:16 PM
Last bumped on May 8, 2017, 12:04:08 PM
Leveled with leth from cruel - merci and the acts simply became wait for tp at next quest. It was impossible to keep up with him, and the dmg was amazing!!!

Great guide bro !
Leth is a true pro with any build he does - but this is one of his fastest clear speeds ive had the pleasure of grouping with.

Well done on the guide cupcake!
Sup.
How do you maintain your life without LGOH or leech?
Just at a guess, that'd be the Blood Dance boots...that much regen is no joke.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
why link blood magic instead of more damage gems?
I would try this on tempest but would rather use a 2k evasion armour with life for example.

I dont think the armour is mandatory or do u? +2 gems on cyclone doens't do much. It will be less damage of course, but I'm happy with like 30k instead of 40k. I would prefere to have over 6k life instead.
Pm me on forums or ingame: Chickenlal
Why not try to go for the Arcing blows passive node?
"
Chickenlal wrote:
I would try this on tempest but would rather use a 2k evasion armour with life for example.

I dont think the armour is mandatory or do u? +2 gems on cyclone doens't do much. It will be less damage of course, but I'm happy with like 30k instead of 40k. I would prefere to have over 6k life instead.

Don't forget the movement- and attack speed. But I agreee, in a HC league you probably want to use a rare chest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info