[2.5] Dual Flame Totem Crit version. 263k dps (400k possible) . Uber and Normal Atziri

I'm using this build for my first ever high level path of exile character (I'm very new to this game) and I've been playing with it for two weeks and I'm at level 84 with 25k dps, max res and hp+es is at 4k. I also added lightning warp for some extra maneuverability (its incredibly helpful to get up and down ledges sometimes)

The highest level map I've had the chance to run so far was level 78 and it was a breeze. I've been running maps no problem with all sorts of mods (some slow me down a bit but I manage)

Most of time I'm limited more by how fast I can loot monsters rather than how fast I can kill them. If I didn't loot so much (I vendor rares) I could clear most maps like twice as fast.

I might not be running this perfectly because I'm a noob but following this build let me breeze through the game and now I'm breezing through maps so I'd say its a good one. (Although I was quite good at D2 so this might give me an advantage)

"
arizona82 wrote:
Also why did u go mana build instead of BM?

I linked my flammability curse to a blood magic support gem. This is not necessary but I find it gave me alot of extra wiggle room to fit my totems in my mana pool.

So much so that I don't even have a mana potion. I just use one quicksilver and 4 health potions (maybe I should run a mana potion but I never run out except on certain map mods.)

"
arizona82 wrote:
where do you find Vaal Haste gem in WB? :P

I got really lucky and found it early on in a vaal dungeon.

Vaal haste has mostly been fun to use but usualy monsters die so fast already its not even needed. For most maps I don't even use vaal haste because everything dies faster than I can loot it already. Sometimes I don't even notice the boss because it dies much like the other monsters. Sure, sometimes a monster takes a bit longer to die but that's when I use flammability. I would even say I use haste mostly on maps where I can't curse to make up for not having flammability.

So I would say do get vaal haste, but the build is powerful enough that you should be able to farm enough currency at late game without vaal haste tu buy it on poe.trade.

Now a question for the OP. I've been hearing from alot of people that incinerate totems are far superior to flame totems. Is this true and should I try to change my flame totems to incinerate totems at some point?
Last edited by boniface222 on Sep 21, 2015, 8:55:22 AM
I did switch to CI

level 75

life: 1/1
ES: 8.2k

max resist
fire 75%
cold 75%
lightning 76%
Chaos 100%

Gem levels
Flame totem level 18
Added Chaos level 17
Fast Projectiles level 17
Fast casting level 17
Fire Pen level 17

Empower level 2
Crit Damage level 17
all 0% Quality

Armor

I was using 5link only don't have currency to buy 6link

Flame totem > Fire Pen > Added Chaos > Fast Casting > Fast Projectiles =

Should i change FP for Empower? I only have level 2 empower or crit damage?

Stats

level 75

Flame totem Dps 12k
35% Crit chance
450% crit multi

Auras

Don't understand why u have no mana problem because i do have mana problem I run discipline only clarity have no use to me regen from it is slow slow I'm better off using mana potion than using it

Pros: immune to chaos become less squishy
Max resist can go up to 88%

Cons: less damage for totems (sacrifice some damage hmm like 3k-7k for more es)
totem die fast as in 3sec after u summon( hmm dont know maybe low level?)

My skill tree

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuuGyXZW9-wghCPpkSrVa4snEGWBULQ9a6zTLNtGRFQNbmnKx1PbAsi9JMnoS--iu-I-TfXz0mxf8bBxewYLL8V14auVmOIQh3ZQ1T0cY_66_W5k8MJDkhwUonTcNVd8rVI8-oqCx9BBiMDHha_UEKiLow2ES18g9H9Xl2nlDbFHwIEB7E2Tq6D864Sw21ca4RI4vcBb4t66-7AZkVHMtHkIrUE1aaPRqcItvr3po5kHRSj8lorWOVmnvrSKhNTNfIdgpuaO-080B_v6w==

I did now change all totem nodes I only change all hp nodes to es same as hybrid

need anyone opinion of the skill tree on what you think?

Why I choose CI?

I just wanna test it if can goes to full ES build

It just my personal preference because the ES from Infernal Mantle and u courage us to use some es items why not go CI instead so the ES is will not go to waste.

Can go to Hybrid ES HP and that will become Blood Magic can use more auras or make Blood magic as your Totem skill.

Items:

No godly or expensive just es+resist items
my items are same as the guide weapon and shield the only difference is i focus more on es+resist than Hp+resist

Last edited by popotm12 on Sep 21, 2015, 7:40:45 PM
I use the OP skill tree and hybrid items and have no problems with chaos. The only time it will be a problem is when you get hit by avoidable things. I'd work on your reaction time/awareness of surroundings. Here are the stats in my hideout, you can look up my tree/gear if you want

life 3.6k
es 2.7k
fire 75%
cold 75%
lightning 75%
chaos 51%

main totem: 45k
cull totem: 21k

If your having issues try getting more hit recovery/movement speed. Only time I die is when I do something stupid.

edit: Remember there are no potions for ES and you have no way to leech life.
Last edited by pizzamachine on Sep 21, 2015, 8:05:16 PM
I see can you share your skill tree then? and what gem link you using? 5link? 6link?
Your tree can be optimized to be even more efficient.

Look at this tree (same amount of passive but better investements)

Pros:

+ 10 Dex
+ 2% Life
+ 40% Mana regen
+ 0.8% Life regen
+ 8% Chaos resist

Cons:

- 50 Str

Everything else is the same.
Last edited by gtrans on Sep 22, 2015, 4:29:03 AM
"
popotm12 wrote:
I see can you share your skill tree then? and what gem link you using? 5link? 6link?

Click my profile and view my character.
What do you recommend for 5link? FP or level 2 Empower?
"
gtrans wrote:
Your tree can be optimized to be even more efficient.

Look at this tree (same amount of passive but better investements)

Pros:

+ 10 Dex
+ 2% Life
+ 40% Mana regen
+ 0.8% Life regen
+ 8% Chaos resist

Cons:

- 50 Str

Everything else is the same.

Hey man, thanks for that, very nice.

Adding 40% mana regen should help alot of players since many have been reporting mana issues. 10 added Dex will allow me to uprade my Vaal Haste and Vaal Grace gems to level 20. I will try it out tonight and update the original post.

Also made a minor change to the gem setup. I now use Blood Magic Gem in my headpiece as boniface222 pointed out.

Spoiler

Will update the original post about that aswell.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
Last edited by Rusherboy on Sep 22, 2015, 10:21:29 AM
"
boniface222 wrote:

Now a question for the OP. I've been hearing from alot of people that incinerate totems are far superior to flame totems. Is this true and should I try to change my flame totems to incinerate totems at some point?

They are far superior than normal Flame Totem versions. I don't think they out-dps crit versions.

I haven't seen a successful Incinirate Totem build yet.

There are alot of tanky Incinirate builds though, but most of them require very expensive gear.

My build is a cheap build that can do all map mods and easy deathless Atziri runs.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
As far as mana regen issue persists, you can always take the 25% Regen from witch start. I think it's a good node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info