MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

/deaths plz
"
Ve1zevu1 wrote:
/deaths plz

You ask deaths its realy depand of your gear /playstyle/maps rol i remember when i lvl up from 93 up to 95 i was not die but from 95 to 96 i die 3 times its realy hard to say if you play not safe or you take to much rols like vurne+monster crit + add % dmg of monster as element you can be 1 shoted by pack its all aboute your playstyle thats all i think
Just thought I'd let everyone know about a nice unique leveling dagger I found. "Bloodplay Stiletto", enjoy :)
That dagger is seeing me through low level content nicely :)

So I've never done a CoC build before and read a lot of this thread (well first and last few pages) and just wondered a few things:

At level 38 I was going to crack on straight away with cyclone-CoC-BV-discharge (also does the order of linked gems matter?) - is that the way "it is done" or do you respec into CoC stuff at later levels?

Also I see people stacking high number of charges - are they not discharged the moment they are gained through insanely high amounts of crit? Kinda confused with this mechanic.

Frenzy charges? I see with that mental expensive amulet endurance charges are generated, power charges via the chest piece, but frenzies? I was going to kick off with blasphemy-warlord's mark, Voll's chest piece, and the Blood dance shoes for frenzies. Now I haven't seen one option of people running this, so please tell me the error here :)

Lastly what's with the need to recharge flasks so much?

Looking forward to getting stuck into this build.
Last edited by Biggilus on Apr 16, 2016, 7:22:07 AM
Ok so
just dropped. Guessing this would be insane for this build, but the one drawback could be lack of crit nodes due to it not being a dagger?

Thoughts?
"
Biggilus wrote:
Ok so
just dropped. Guessing this would be insane for this build, but the one drawback could be lack of crit nodes due to it not being a dagger?

Thoughts?

Think before posting.. thats honestly my only thought when i read such total ... nonsense questions
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Apr 17, 2016, 7:21:47 AM
Helpful. Glad people like you are in the minority in this community.
It is helpful. The only reason you'd even consider it is because you lack an understanding of some of the core mechanics of this build.

1. Lack of nodes. This build is very tight on points because of the number of clusters it takes from all over the tree. The extreme efficiency of the dagger cluster, both per-node, and how close the good nodes are to one another, makes daggers essential to this build.

2. Base Crit. A well-rolled dagger has close to 9% base crit, this has 6%, plus a global crit implicit. Even with severely gimping the tree to get more crit nodes with this weapon, you still would struggle to hit crit cap, and likely not hit it at all.

3. Vagan Mod. This is the most important reason, and the one that makes me wonder if you understand this build at all. Vagan's mod allows us to completely ignore accuracy. This is EXTREMELY important, as the accuracy required to get a good hit chance requires far more investment than we can give. Not only that, but accuracy is used to confirm critical rolls, meaning that it also kills our effective crit chance even more. This build CANNOT perform well without a Vagan weapon.

In short: think before posting.
"
Biggilus wrote:
That dagger is seeing me through low level content nicely :)

So I've never done a CoC build before and read a lot of this thread (well first and last few pages) and just wondered a few things:

At level 38 I was going to crack on straight away with cyclone-CoC-BV-discharge (also does the order of linked gems matter?) - is that the way "it is done" or do you respec into CoC stuff at later levels?

Also I see people stacking high number of charges - are they not discharged the moment they are gained through insanely high amounts of crit? Kinda confused with this mechanic.

Frenzy charges? I see with that mental expensive amulet endurance charges are generated, power charges via the chest piece, but frenzies? I was going to kick off with blasphemy-warlord's mark, Voll's chest piece, and the Blood dance shoes for frenzies. Now I haven't seen one option of people running this, so please tell me the error here :)

Lastly what's with the need to recharge flasks so much?

Looking forward to getting stuck into this build.

1. Link Order does not matter.

2. If you want to level as CoC, you're going to 100% need a Voll's Protector to generate charges. I'd also recommend using Ungil's Gauche (or even dual wielding them) because you're going to be lacking enough crit to efficiently use CoC. Even then you'll probably not have enough with lack of points and not having 5 links to use the Increased Critical Strikes gem. Also if you can afford it (hopefully you can if you're playing this build), I'd suggest finding a low-level Vagan dagger. Hit Can't Be Evaded is 100% the best mod you can get for this build, and what let my build come online as power charge discharge very early.

Another alternative for leveling is Cyclone-CoC-Shock Nova-Increased Critical Strikes, or Cyclone-CoC-Ice Nova-Shock Nova (if you've made it to EE already). Inc. Crits is better unless you're a Assassin Ascendant because you're going to need a lot of crit to make CoC function.

3. You regularly cap out on charges after each discharge, and BV will if that doesn't. Crits from your CoC spells will give you back charges with Voll's, so the more charges you can get the better. I have yet to reach a number of charges that I couldn't make use of (and I've tested with Malachai's Loop)

4. Frenzy Charges are bad because we use Elemental Equilibrium to increase our damage. Furthermore, there's not a good way to generate charges. Charge on kill doesn't give us nearly enough for this build, and only affects trash packs anyway, which we should always be 1-shotting. Not to mention Blood Dance are actively bad for us (reduced attack speed, no ES).

5. Because having 100% uptime on bonus resistances, armor, life, and if you want, Onslaught is good? Not sure what the question is here.
Now that's helpful :D Thanks for your time and input. You're right in your previous statement, I understand little about CoC in general and answered a few of my questions just by playing (excitement and impatience gets the better of me).

Level 55ish now and I can really see how fun this will be end game, and to that end I'm gonna put it mostly on hold until the next league as I want to get my Ice Trapper finished.

The flask comment was just brought up as pretty much any other build I've played always has people making big leaps and efforts to avoid using flasks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info