MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

Hey, i want to try a high-budget char with the ex i've gotten in talisman, this looks really powerful, how does it compare to a LL/CI phys wander?

"
Dele wrote:
Hey, i want to try a high-budget char with the ex i've gotten in talisman, this looks really powerful, how does it compare to a LL/CI phys wander?

It's going to be better than a wander in talisman, but a wander would be better at the top end of the budget spectrum in standard (thanks to mirrored wands + jewelry).
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
dulahan200 wrote:

Flat cold, and maximum spellcrit.

If I'm not mistaken, I can mastercraft attack speed and local crit. I am a bit tempted to exalt it though, if I hit one of those 2 could be almost mirror level.

SCC is a suffix so you'd have to pick either atk speed or crit chance if multimodding or exalt and get something like increased light radius and accuracy.

Good thing I asked first, big thanks! somehow I thought multiple mods was a prefix.

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

I thought more consistent EE would be better than an additional power charge but I was wrong and didn't know until I made the calculator. But I was also L100 at that point so I didn't bother changing my dagger.

I'm not sure I understand you here. I'll try rewording what you said, correct me if I'm wrong.

1- The combination of flat fire + IN + discharge is inconsistent with EE when IN fails to proc.
2- Because of 1, you thought it would be better to proc discharge first, so you chose flat cold. Later on you discovered you were wrong, because the extra power charge(s) you get from procing IN first outweights the ocasional EE fire res.

Now, the thing that worries me is that you seem to disregard the fact that IN would get you power charges after your 1st discharge, that will be consumed in next discharge. If anything, getting charges after the discharge seems even better, since cyclone gets higher crit chance.
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757
Bump ;)

"
MatrixFactor wrote:

No one searches for life on a shield, because 3k is enough. All I need is spell dmg, t1 flat, and some chaos res for a endgame viable shield.

Example (cost me 15c in TSC):

15c ... ;)

IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Jan 13, 2016, 6:05:35 PM
Hey matrix I have a question, I noticed that you don't use blood rage or any other way to generate frenzy charge, is there a reason to play without frenzy charges ? Isn't it a big loss in dps ?

Also, is "CWDT + Cold snap" often freezing ennemies ? or is it rarely happening ? because by watching your video I can't really notice any ennemy being frozen. Is there any other purpose for that skill that I'm missing ? like to proc EE or something

thanks
Last edited by joebond on Jan 13, 2016, 10:18:42 PM
@dulahan: yeah your interpretation is correct. The longer the fight (more #hits) the less the initial hit matters. My original calculations were with 6 hits. Even after changing it to 15 and 30 the fire cyclone still comes out ahead, but by a smaller margin.

@joebond: It freezes enemies in regular maps, but not so much in uber atziri. Blood rage gives charges on kill, which isn't really enough, and the degen isn't worth it IMO.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Dele wrote:

It's going to be better than a wander in talisman, but a wander would be better at the top end of the budget spectrum in standard (thanks to mirrored wands + jewelry).

Thanks, i went ahead with this build and im gearing up now.

My dagger has only 1-3 cold spell damage, does the amount matter?

Also i noticed the tree focuses more on jewels than additional power/endu charges(compared to mathils fakener i guess), are jewels better?

I also have only -14 manause from rings, will it be enough with mgoh jewels?

Thanks for the advice!
Last edited by Dele on Jan 14, 2016, 2:34:22 AM
I dont have any rings with -mana and i dont have any problems with mana ofc i use 1 mana potion and that is enough for me.
"
Dele wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Dele wrote:

Thanks, i went ahead with this build and im gearing up now.

My dagger has only 1-3 cold spell damage, does the amount matter?

Also i noticed the tree focuses more on jewels than additional power/endu charges(compared to mathils fakener i guess), are jewels better?

I also have only -14 manause from rings, will it be enough with mgoh jewels?

Thanks for the advice!

It's hard to say without knowing your total unreserved mana and mana regen but -14 as opposed to -16 is it should not vastly impair your ability to continuously cyclone- single target might be a bit cumbersome though. The difference is if it is noticeable can be made up with one additional mgoh jewel but ideally try to get -8.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Hi MoreRain,

till now all works great at me only have problems at Core still.

Im doing atm with BV.

Could you maybe post your passive Tree at LVL 100?

Also would it make sense to put faster attacks into the cyclone? i can sustain it and it gives me good speed, what you think about it`?

Thanks for the guide

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info