Game Continuously disconnects upon entering new areas

Same problem here. It started about 3 days ago as well. I'm playing on Windows 7. The problem starts a few minutes after logging in and it shows the message "Couldn't connect to instance" or something like that. I repeat this process about two or three times and when I select a character once again it crashes, but this time before entering town and it redirects to the character screen without any options and the only way to exit is by closing the window.
Same here when i tried to enter a map again i was doing, so lost the 3 last portals to the map and the map i had from zana inside the map, where there where ALOT of loot that i missed out on :(
I uninstalled the game and deleted two PoE folders with temporary files and other stuff, then I reinstalled the game but I still have the same problem. On the first two attempts I can't log in; on the third attempt it logs in smoothly. I go to any zone then return to town immediately and it crashes. Any idea what could be causing this?
"

Can you try the following steps please:

→Go to you C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games
→Right click on the 'Path of Exile' folder and select Properties
→Select the Security Tab
→Click the Edit button
→Select the HomeUsers group
→Check the 'Full Control' checkbox in the Allow column
→Click 'OK', then 'OK' again to save

I have tried this solution and it has provided no positive results; I have also tried changing gateways, and playing on each of auto/predictive/lockstep - again, with no positive result.

"
Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this. Can you please clarify whether these disconnects happen randomly (ie. you can play for an hour and change zones a bunch of times before you experience a disconnection), or if they occur when you try to change zones for the first or second time after logging in?

It seems to occur randomly (although much more frequently for me to even get close to playing a full hour), and it might also be worth mentioning that it sometimes seems to take place after I have come into 'contact' with the first pack of mobs; my latency graph will suddenly come to a horizontal halt and my ping will freeze at whatever point it was at, and I will disconnect shortly after.
somehow the lagspike and loadscreen of death is gone..the only thing i did was to change from texas to washington server

hope it's gone for good..glhf all
For windows 10 users, i resolved my issues and i feel kind of dumb for not doing this first. I was crashing on every 2nd loading screen like clockwork. I reset the security permissions on my docs/my games/path of exile and nothing changed, i even turned off my loot filter and a bin file i use to auto calculate. What ended up resolving it though was going to the patcher launcher (not the short cut) and right clicking to run as administrator. I'm not sure if this will resolve anyone else's issues as they are all apparently slightly different but this fixed it for me.

Hope it helps!
I have this problem since since like 60 minutes. Cant login, when I manage to login I cant join new areas... :(

No windows 10 here. Didnt change anything on my setup.
Hi, same problem here.
I played until this morning without issues. Now this afternoon ~5PM ECT can't connect to any instances. Sometimes a make it to town, but not further. Sometimes I can't even enter town. I have tried different Gateways without success

Win7 x64 SP1
same problem here, started like 40 minutes ago.

i had the same problem 2 weeks ago for almost 4 days, every time i change the zone or try to log into the game i get a dc or .
Hi, same problem here too.
I have tried different Gateways without succcess.
Win 10 x64

EDIT:
Tried one of the US GWs and have actually no problems with disconnects. Frankfurt GW is down for me.
Last edited by MasterOfWoooho on Aug 23, 2015, 1:19:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info