Auto-AFK is annoying. Please make it togglable in options.

Just because I'm tabbed away from the game, doesn't mean I'm AFK.
Especially since the whisper notifier app allows me to instantly react to other people's shispers.

I never asked for this function and I find it obstructive to a comfortable trading experience.

I recognise that some people may find it useful, but I don't.

Please make the auto-afk option togglable in the options menu.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
T_Reich wrote:
Just because I'm tabbed away from the game, doesn't mean I'm AFK.
Especially since the whisper notifier app allows me to instantly react to other people's shispers.

I never asked for this function and I find it obstructive to a comfortable trading experience.

I recognise that some people may find it useful, but I don't.

Please make the auto-afk option togglable in the options menu.

Agreed , an option to turn this off and on wwill be nice to have .
No! It makes trading much less frustrating with people listed online while they are away. Don't dare to make it optional. If you want to tweak auto afk then only by having option to set default afk message, but not by disabling it. It is really frustrating to whisper six people and then wait only 3 mins just to see whether their online status on poe.xyz is accurate or not.
"
titiAlf wrote:
No! It makes trading much less frustrating with people listed online while they are away. Don't dare to make it optional. If you want to tweak auto afk then only by having option to set default afk message, but not by disabling it. It is really frustrating to whisper six people and then wait only 3 mins just to see whether their online status on poe.xyz is accurate or not.

I don't sell things and would really, really like to turn this annoying feature off. Not everyone has a shop to justify needing this as a default setting. Why give us the /afk command if it's going to auto-afk you every 5 minutes.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
/afk command was available before auto-afk was introduced and no one bothered to set afk or dnd. What is so annoying about auto-afk? I see only one other option in idle time. When you whisper someone who was idle for more than five mins then get auto reply to your message that this player was idle for x mins or so. Auto-afk was huge improvement to trading.
Last edited by titiAlf on Aug 21, 2015, 5:22:50 PM
Yeah, I constantly used the /afk feature which is pretty pointless now since if you just stop moving you're auto-afk.

It's annoying cause I'm not afk and it just adds more clutter to an already cluttered chat system...and has played a factor in me missing out mapping with a buddy as explained in another thread. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1400897

The /afk feature was more than enough to handle the issues you talked about. If a seller doesn't set their /afk message then they deserve to miss a sale. It shouldn't be a forced feature.
Issue isn't about seller but buyer! I regularly experienced 3+ offline sellers in a row. Buying rares this way was horrible.

From quick look I don't see anything in that thread.

I still don't see what is bad about auto-afk.
Last edited by titiAlf on Aug 21, 2015, 5:32:34 PM
There were only 3 posts of mine to look thru. And they weren't very long posts. LOL

Buyer/seller doesn't matter. What you're explaining is issues with the way poe.trade works and has nothing to do with auto-afk. I play self found mostly so that is rarely an issue.

It's bad cause I'm not afk and it's listing me as afk...see the issue?
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 21, 2015, 5:37:05 PM
I was wondering what that was all about. I'd prefer to type i'm afk in my friend notification thing as it was before.

GGG, please allow a way to toggle that off permanently for those of us who'd rather not have it.

Thanks
"
titiAlf wrote:
Issue isn't about seller but buyer! I regularly experienced 3+ offline sellers in a row. Buying rares this way was horrible.

From quick look I don't see anything in that thread.

I still don't see what is bad about auto-afk.

If we had an auction house, this issue wouldn't be in the first place

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info