Auto-AFK is annoying. Please make it togglable in options.

GGG, please change the function to be auto AFG instead of AFK so the people who claim to still be at their keyboard but away from the game can stop complaining about it. Or will the claim be that you aren't away from the game even though you have the game minimized?

Allowing people to opt out of auto afk would make the whole thing pointless. Everybody would opt out so they don't miss any messages even though they don't miss any messages anyway if they really aren't afk.

If you can't reply to a whisper before your friend logs out because he thinks you're afk, guess what...you were too afk to respond fast enough.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
GGG, please change the function to be auto AFG instead of AFK so the people who claim to still be at their keyboard but away from the game can stop complaining about it. Or will the claim be that you aren't away from the game even though you have the game minimized?

Allowing people to opt out of auto afk would make the whole thing pointless. Everybody would opt out so they don't miss any messages even though they don't miss any messages anyway if they really aren't afk.

If you can't reply to a whisper before your friend logs out because he thinks you're afk, guess what...you were too afk to respond fast enough.

Fuck no! How would it make the whole thing pointless? People who have absolutely no use for it will never need it. How the fuck does that affect you at all?

Missing messages isn't even the point. It's a completely annoying feature for the people who have no use for it.

I don't want the game client deciding anything for me.

edit: if everyone opts out, it's more than likely because it's a feature they don't want
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 21, 2015, 9:38:53 PM
I don't ever need trading, so I don't need an automatic thing added for trading. I'm certain that I'm not alone in saying that I don't want my in game friends thinking I'm snubbing them because of this goofy new 'feature'.

GGG, please add a in menu on/off toggle to this annoying afk thing at your earliest convenience.

Please & thank you from the bottom of my pepperino heartarino.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Fuck no! How would it make the whole thing pointless? People who have absolutely no use for it will never need it. How the fuck does that affect you at all?

Missing messages isn't even the point. It's a completely annoying feature for the people who have no use for it.
See, there's the whole crux of the argument. It's not the people who are "afk" that need it. It's the people who are whispering the people who are "afk" that need it. If you aren't really afk, then it doesn't affect you because you can immediately respond. If you can't immediately reply, then you aren't really not afk, are you?

The people who would turn it off are the reason to have it in the first place. They want people to think they are online or at their keyboard when they are not. The people who really are at theor keyboard, as you say you are, can reply fast enough that it doesn't affect them.
"
mark1030 wrote:
See, there's the whole crux of the argument. It's not the people who are "afk" that need it. It's the people who are whispering the people who are "afk" that need it. If you aren't really afk, then it doesn't affect you because you can immediately respond. If you can't immediately reply, then you aren't really not afk, are you?

The people who would turn it off are the reason to have it in the first place. They want people to think they are online or at their keyboard when they are not. The people who really are at theor keyboard, as you say you are, can reply fast enough that it doesn't affect them.

Did you not see that the only people whispering me are my friends as I don't sell things? The only purpose being defeated here was the original afk feature. I know many other players who don't care to have a shop or sell things for which this feature is only an annoyance. So your argument is not valid and does not apply to everyone. Not to mention the fact that if the person you are whispering is in an epic battle or great party...you're not going to get a response immediately anyway, if at all if they even remember. So a mandatory auto-afk feature is pointless. You're still going to whisper people and get no response!

Not everyone plays this game the way you do. I leave the game open while I do things on my other PC so I am not afk and I don't want any kind of auto-response. If I wanted to be set as afk I would use the /afk feature or change my status.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Did you not see that the only people whispering me are my friends as I don't sell things? The only purpose being defeated here was the original afk feature. I know many other players who don't care to have a shop or sell things for which this feature is only an annoyance. So your argument is not valid and does not apply to everyone. Not to mention the fact that if the person you are whispering is in an epic battle or great party...you're not going to get a response immediately anyway, if at all if they even remember. So a mandatory auto-afk feature is pointless. You're still going to whisper people and get no response!

Not everyone plays this game the way you do. I leave the game open while I do things on my other PC so I am not afk and I don't want any kind of auto-response. If I wanted to be set as afk I would use the /afk feature or change my status.

Damned straight, Shovelcut. And there's A LOT of players like you & I.
"

Damned straight, Shovelcut. And there's A LOT of players like you & I.

Nice to not be alone for a change. :P
It's been standard in things like MMO's with just as active "trade" chats and whatnot, and with millions of players never saw QQ about it there.

You'll get used to it.

It fades in your chat anyway, and if you keep afking for 40min++ then you will see each time you log in game if you check chat if anyone was in your chat since last.. so yea.

For me i hope they don't give the option for people to return to no afk show tardmode. Maybe a "don't show my afk status in chat" option, while it is still enabled.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 22, 2015, 12:24:25 AM
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Of course I saw where you said it's your friends whispering you. Apparently you have tunnel vision because my post was directly arguing that if you are there, you will be able to reply to your friend right away. I'll highlight that part since you ignored it.

Let me ask you this. Why did you not reply to your friend that you were really there and available to map? Control+enter-y-e-s takes about a second to answer the question "do you want to map?". If you weren't afk, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Here's a thought. If people need to use a 3rd party hack to know when somebody whispers them, they really are afk.
Last edited by mark1030 on Aug 22, 2015, 2:50:41 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:

I'll highlight that part since you ignored it.

Let me ask you this. Why did you not reply to your friend that you were really there and available to map? Control+enter-y-e-s takes about a second to answer the question "do you want to map?". If you weren't afk, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Here's a thought. If people need to use a 3rd party hack to know when somebody whispers them, they really are afk.

Because, Mark, I didn't ignore it...you didn't read my post. He logged before I could get to it. It was an instantaneous log out. And what 3rd party hack are you talking about? You just kinda pulled that out of your ass.

Edit: You're the only one here with tunnel vision.
This will go the same way as our last run in if you want to continue. lmao

Further edit for more clarification: When I say instantaneous I mean, he saw afk and logged out just that second. My chair couldn't swivel fast enough so your argument makes absolutely no sense. And I never said I use any kind of 3rd party hack or anything like that.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 22, 2015, 3:28:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info