Further EA nerfs

"
Jedi_blr wrote:
Dont worry , he will be the 1st one who after Mies new 2.0.2 respec new EA come here and cry how stuped this nerf is :))

Mies sucks
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Ea's damage out in the open seemed fine to me. Idk why you would want that nerfed when the really OP part of ea was the shotgun or rather aoe overlap that took place with wall spamming. Just make arena walls act like frost wall does now and remove the skills ability to shotgun like they did to spells. This nerf wont do anything when your in a corner getting hit with 20 arrows at once.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
They can't change the wall spam problem without reworking the skill entirely or changing how secondary damage work wich is probably not gonna happen as those are important PvE mechanics.

This nerf will at least reduce the massive crit and burn advantage that EA had. Now to get their damage back, they will have to sacrifice survivability wich is fair imo.

Let see how it goes from now (not like this will make me seriously come back but it's still a small move in the right direction).
Lets talk about EA. Nothing changed.

As you can see in this i have no where to initiate in any way, all entrances are covered with EA's AoE and if i try to get close traps are awaiting for me. Ice Shot + Dual Curse decreased my resistances from 145 to 8. Im so easy to be killed as a melee player.

Maybe we should blame the pvp map design instead of EA? Maybe the map design is the problem. Almost all maps create such initiation problems for melee players. All walls are providing AMAZING defence for EA wall spammer even though this is a mid size map. Imagine the other maps.

I wanted to add this screenshot to show you EA's explosion range. How im supposed to initiate there? Traps, x2 dual curse - 120 resists, EA IS ONLY WALL SPAM build now. Only autism. Only.

In these maps, i couldnt even hide behind the walls, cause behind me there is another wall, which he can spam, and hits me for a good chunk of damage, when i try to flee away, there is just another wall he can spam and deal damage to me. I couldnt even find somewhere to regenerate my ES pool. i CANT even hide in these maps.

Wall spam or Current maps, or both are problem. Not the game.

with x2 dual applied on me, from 147 fire resists, ONLY 1 STACK OF EA does such damage to me, no need to add he doesnt have all BiS Items:

(after ignite completed, the remaining ES)

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I think we've all agreed the maps in structured PvP are bad. As melee they make moving very frustrating and paired with the dual curse, chill meta and ea radius its a nightmare. Ive been saying in Sarn, ea is a balanced skill. In arenas its power is amplified immensely. We used to have some better arena designs I.e the coast one but they are no more in 1v1.

A 25% DMG reduction does help survivability vs ea in all of its forms though. Nothing will change with wall and arena spamming BC mechanically its the same skill. Plus it was always the "best" way to use it anyway.
Just logged for the fun, got raped by mies and his clones in the arena (i don't even want to think how it is in 1vs1), had 0 fun, uninstalled the game.

Probably won't bother checking again anymore for real this time.
Last edited by IceDeal on Aug 20, 2015, 2:18:57 PM
"
IceDeal wrote:
Just logged for the fun, got raped by mies and his clones in the arena (i don't even want to think how it is in 1vs1), had 0 fun, uninstalled the game.

Probably won't bother checking again anymore for real this time.

See ya man, sorry to see you go.
"
Rupenus wrote:
I wanted to add this screenshot to show you EA's explosion range. How im supposed to initiate there? Traps, x2 dual curse - 120 resists, EA IS ONLY WALL SPAM build now. Only autism. Only.

maybe thats just a decent pvp-player (that awesome EA-master on the screenshots? ;-)

@ice
pls dont go!!!!!!!!!!!!! we need you!!!!!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.
Rupenus, now that I'm home and can actually see those screen shots better. Did you try any other skills besides whirling blades/lightning strike? There are actually a few angles you can safely get to where you can hurl spectral throw, shoot PA/EA yourself or frost blades. You have enough es to survive a few stray arrows and a bad run in with the wall. Lightning strike even shift held isn't the greatest ranged option versus anyone imo. I'm sure you just like the skill and that's cool if it wins you other matches keep using it but versus EA, consider frost blades/spectral.

Edit: You're also getting abused by dual curse+EE. Do you have a Rise of the Phoenix or Purity of fire? Your flasks are also very wrong versus EA, just saying. Quicksilvers/Rubies with Surgeon's mod Warding/Ignite should be your entire set up. The flask issue goes back to blind queue matches though and you can't always have the right flasks....It's a problem I know. Also is that CWDT Molten shell? Swap it out versus EA for something like Vengeance, just because at least it will do something for you, where Molten does nothing in this match. Also as CI without Zealot's Oath obviously constant harassment counters your regen. That's just a game trade off for all the good shit you get as CI. You hard counter PA, get melee on full + big es pool and other stuff yet lose to constant damage if you can't retreat...it's fair. As CI crit your goal is to totally kill someone before this becomes a problem and in most matches I'm sure you do.

You're so unprepared for the match you can't claim its fucked up yet.

Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 20, 2015, 11:05:31 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:
Rupenus, now that I'm home and can actually see those screen shots better. Did you try any other skills besides whirling blades/lightning strike? There are actually a few angles you can safely get to where you can hurl spectral throw, shoot PA/EA yourself or frost blades. You have enough es to survive a few stray arrows and a bad run in with the wall. Lightning strike even shift held isn't the greatest ranged option versus anyone imo. I'm sure you just like the skill and that's cool if it wins you other matches keep using it but versus EA, consider frost blades/spectral.

Edit: You're also getting abused by dual curse+EE. Do you have a Rise of the Phoenix or Purity of fire? Your flasks are also very wrong versus EA, just saying. Quicksilvers/Rubies with Surgeon's mod Warding/Ignite should be your entire set up. The flask issue goes back to blind queue matches though and you can't always have the right flasks....It's a problem I know. Also is that CWDT Molten shell? Swap it out versus EA for something like Vengeance, just because at least it will do something for you, where Molten does nothing in this match. Also as CI without Zealot's Oath obviously constant harassment counters your regen. That's just a game trade off for all the good shit you get as CI. You hard counter PA, get melee on full + big es pool and other stuff yet lose to constant damage if you can't retreat...it's fair. As CI crit your goal is to totally kill someone before this becomes a problem and in most matches I'm sure you do.

You're so unprepared for the match you can't claim its fucked up yet.

As you can notice, i havent said ''its OP, There is no counters!!11'' etc, ST with bleed weapon is really good counter vs EA as a CI based build. But i think we are all agreed that maps should be reworked. I requested MahjollnirCoE to come to map and take some screenshots, i was unprepared for sure, yeah.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Aug 21, 2015, 7:59:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info