Further EA nerfs

"
IceDeal wrote:
Just logged for the fun, got raped by mies and his clones in the arena (i don't even want to think how it is in 1vs1), had 0 fun, uninstalled the game.

Probably won't bother checking again anymore for real this time.

clones are a real problem in pvp, they should reduce the cast speed of those, also blink arrow too.

As it is bow users can use blink+clones+smoke+other teleport skills+Phase run /leap slam+fortify in swap.

When you understand melee is all about rushing, i dont know why there is so much skills to help other builds to escape the rushes.

Imagine if we had the same amount of tools to escape ranged skills?

Phase run should have been a melee only item, can only be used with melee weapon or else
transform "mirror arrow" into "mirror clone" so both melee and ranged can use this shit.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Aug 21, 2015, 8:19:59 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:
Rupenus, now that I'm home and can actually see those screen shots better. Did you try any other skills besides whirling blades/lightning strike? There are actually a few angles you can safely get to where you can hurl spectral throw, shoot PA/EA yourself or frost blades. You have enough es to survive a few stray arrows and a bad run in with the wall. Lightning strike even shift held isn't the greatest ranged option versus anyone imo. I'm sure you just like the skill and that's cool if it wins you other matches keep using it but versus EA, consider frost blades/spectral.

Edit: You're also getting abused by dual curse+EE. Do you have a Rise of the Phoenix or Purity of fire? Your flasks are also very wrong versus EA, just saying. Quicksilvers/Rubies with Surgeon's mod Warding/Ignite should be your entire set up. The flask issue goes back to blind queue matches though and you can't always have the right flasks....It's a problem I know. Also is that CWDT Molten shell? Swap it out versus EA for something like Vengeance, just because at least it will do something for you, where Molten does nothing in this match. Also as CI without Zealot's Oath obviously constant harassment counters your regen. That's just a game trade off for all the good shit you get as CI. You hard counter PA, get melee on full + big es pool and other stuff yet lose to constant damage if you can't retreat...it's fair. As CI crit your goal is to totally kill someone before this becomes a problem and in most matches I'm sure you do.

You're so unprepared for the match you can't claim its fucked up yet.

As you can notice, i havent said ''its OP, There is no counters!!11'' etc, ST with bleed weapon is really good counter vs EA as a CI based build. But i think we are all agreed that maps should be reworked. I requested MahjollnirCoE to come to map and take some screenshots, i was unprepared for sure, yeah.

There is a counter, its called use the right skill + crit and kill them. Then put on emphereal edge *sp + rop + pof and whirling blade around til you draw out the game. Or rinse repeat step 1 a few more times. As for traps, shouldn't need to get that close but if you wanted to...what happens when a crit user puts on herald of ash and huur duur flickers or whirls through a trap/totem? You melt the player that planted it if they are camping near it.

If that wasn't a real duel and you just got him there to take screenshots. Then that's as fucking stupid as the guy who made the PA is op thread where he was aegis with no chaos resist. Your examples of - resist, no options are misleading.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 21, 2015, 8:56:36 AM
Thats true mulla. If I decide to q' a bit for ladder I have my dream frags, mings and flasks setup for anti-bleed, anti-burn and decurse ready.
But you never know who you might encounter and despite the hate for EA, it quite takes some skill to duel other high-end HLD'ler - no joke.
When I fight nurse etc, i fight a 360ex sword plus who-know-what.
And thx to GGG now we can only win when using smart wallspam with curses and traps. No need to nerf this. Its like sayin' 2H cycloner aren't allowed to use leapslam :3 or smth like that.
and last thing: WHISPERING ICE IS FAR MORE BROKEN THAN EA :DDDDDDD
hugs&kisses
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.
Those ci regen whispering ice builds are monsters. I wouldn't say its better or worse then EA. Each has their own strength, both are very cost effective and for the most part beginner friendly.
haha guys you are funny really, nothing to say to you.

ill get a 2000ex EA / PA build, and be 1# PvP and blame others for not enough skill and micromanagement. So what does EA do? Wallspam? Does this even need skill, a melee player gotta micro x5 time more carefully and focused to deal with EA. Yeah there is nothing to blame about caravam.

Dont worry dude, ill get my leg kaoms, +3 PA Bow, mirrored boots / helmet / gloves. and get 11K health. I have the budget for that im telling you.

Then ill tell you, No no no, EA and PA is very balanced, you JUST cant deal with it. you gotta use herald of ash, curses, micro whirling blades around the map, bla bla... yaddi yadda, you need to set traps, you need to crit very well, you need to use right skill bla bla. Smart ass bullsh*t. Ill tell you all these While im just spamming map with PA / EA and killing you in seconds. Of course i wont forget to say thanks to GGG.

Thanks ggg, i just one shot every life build in the game, and for the rest im using wallspam. Thanks GGG.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
All the things that i blame about EA was that the map design sucks, and EA explosion range is kinda hard to deal with. Whatever, you just love winning games with EA really easy, and you want to protect what is yours. OF course you'll do that. Protect what is yours, what you have. Protect EA, protect how overpowered it is, if i were you, i would do same.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
...What the fuck?

First off I'm melee and always have been. Secondly I don't use 1 mirrored or legacy piece of gear. Thirdly I don't use PA and lastly ya...melee has to out play everyone. Actually my gear blows by most peoples standards and I'm ok with that. I bet your gear is likely 2x better then mine.

Map designs suck, range of EA can become an issue but seriously if you aren't even in the match with proper gear/skills you already lost. You think I've been on these forums pointing out whats so fucked up about PvP for 2+ years because it's fun for me? I found ways to deal with stuff so I could legitimately 100% come here and address problems after covering every single possible solution available. Stop shitting bricks man and just accept that I understand what you're getting at, we all do. We all know its hard to beat EA and its strong in the arenas. I just don't think it needs to be nerfed more then it already has. Once you have Rise of the Phoenix, Purity of Fire and aren't using Lightning strike you'll probably feel more comfortable in the match up. You should be using Herald of ash anyways + Hatred and Discipline, forget Haste or whatever else you're using. Swap Herald for Purity if they aren't trapping.

That line about using curses,traps....options in general is just hilarious. It's not smart ass, its called PvP. What the fuck did you think you were supposed to do when you queued up? Sit there with your crank in one hand and the TV remote in the other? That's reserved for Casters my friend, you're melee. Plus why PA? You're CI aren't you....you should be hoping someone is stupid enough to use PA versus you.
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 23, 2015, 3:37:16 PM
Been very busy past weeks and havent really read everything through, but if I am not mistaken he's not trying to argue that using traps/other utility skills are the problem but moreso that EA doesn't need them and they'll still do fine. Although I haven't played since the recent nerf + chilled n temp chains nerf I'd say it's a bit more balanced than it used to be, and might be even better now due to the mentioned nerfs. Honestly, not many builds use that much shit anyways, they got their main attackskill and a mobility skill and at best something more on weapon swap. I rarely see people other than some rangers and pure trappers use traps i.e.

Also you wouldn't need a 2,000exalts budget to do a good EA build, because mirrored gear won't really benefit you that much because people oftenly mirror their pieces to take great advantage of offensive stats which doesn't benefit EA too much(Sure there are crit EA's but they're less popular and even though they cost a bit more they are way cheaper than BiS mirrored pieces). Legacy kaom's is a + though you'd be able to do great with either a new kaom(slightly higher life and fire damage) or a 5-6L Belly of the beast. Bow is a Quill rain and/or a +3 bow, but most people run with quill which you can get for 15exalts or so.

Even with like a really good setup with
6L +1 Gems Belly of the beast for EA setup(would add 2 levels to your EA)
6L +1 Arrow Quill rain for another EA setup or curse on hit

And really those are the most expensive pieces you can use. To force a corrupted 6s/6l with vorici it'd be (1500*2)/45+(350*2)/180+(1500*2+350*2)/25=218exalts though it could be a bit more or less since I have no idea what the ratios are. Then you can probably get an unlinked +1 bow/+1 gem chest for 5-10exalts, for the sake let's say 10 and round up the total cost to 240exalts. 240exalts is a lot sure, although it's valued less than a single mirror and these are not something you need, you'd be fine with either 6l quill+kaoms(25ex?) or 6l quill+6l belly(50ex?). This is the only reason I don't like EA too much, it's a very cheap investment(relative) and still so good. This is just my opinion though
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Nah Tommie he was replying to my post about his screen shots. Thinking I was being a smart ass by telling him what he wasn't doing right. Then started typing some bs about 2,000ex gear, using curses etc.. Completely blowing things out of proportion.

Edit: Just saw he actually has a build thread. His gear is ridiculous and 1 piece is worth more then most every EA player's gear I've seen minus legacy Kaoms and worth more then my entire character. Has retarded damage, retarded es pool and retarded gear. Likely 1shots most people he duels but cries about having to swap items versus those he doesn't...........hahahahahahahaaaha

ps. You're wrong about that sword vs dagger debate and your tree is whacked. If you were using a dagger you'd have a more efficient tree resulting in a stronger character. You're not even utilizing the sword bcr cluster making sword that much more useless in comparison.
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 23, 2015, 3:48:13 PM
nurse/Rupenus has insane gear, that was my main point. my gear is worth like maybe 30ex-ish and his sword alone weighs 360ex. EA is my best option to compete in high-end HLD and i dont mean "win". it just gives me a chance to compensate my plebish-poorness and lack of skill.
but he hasn't a bad character - he gets frustrated fast, because he farmed/played for a long time to afford that gear and now noobs like me pop into existence and beat him in PVP.
i think that we treat us here more nicely since we all are grown-ups and sensible souls.
hugs
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info