[2.2, HC] Asta's "Lioneye's Archery" - A High Armor/HP Tornado Shot Archer

No one ever said Melee is bad! (Just dont listen to all that haters) :)

For a melee build, it got way too less DPS nodes, especially for 2H. All the flat damage is mostly useless of you play with a 2H.

The build is trimmed around a few essential DPS nodes and taking maximum advantage of Drillneck+Lioneyes Vision+all flat phys from gear.

I would recommend, to switch finally to bows, if you are hitting the 74 maps (First tier of maps in the 2nd range) since mobs really start to hitting good.

"
Is the Lioneye's Fall jewel enough to push the bow dps past that of a 2h? I haven't gotten my lioneye's fall jewel yet since I ripped earlier and am starting this build over again.

You'll never meet the DPS of a 2H. How can a bow hit harder then a 2H weapon ? :)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Jan 11, 2016, 2:27:12 AM
Here is how i did.

Level 92 tree
Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBAecFLQd1C2EMXw48EPAUIBRNFHEYkRpVG6ob-hynIVUhYCXfKCoppSyFMZ4yfjWSNug6UjrhPC09_ECgRJ5Gt0d-TeNOMlBHU6VTu1WpWGNaGl4TXz9hIWRSZU1lp2hlaPJqAXKpdO108XXLdqx4enrve3SCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhVKHaotPjM-XeZe0m2qfy6IApBmmV6cwqSeplK2NrlCvbLYstz68n702vqfApsGjxPbGrsbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNrB3D3iYeRR6hjqYu8O8B_yQfJF8lrz3fZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==

Items:
Spoiler

Leveling Items > use Sweep till level 75-80:
Spoiler
Hi Asta and fellow exiles,

this is the review of my Lvl89 (to be 90) Lioneye's Archer:

1) My Point of View: Softcore:
I played on Softcore. However I only died 9 times currently.
The last 2 deaths were during reckless Zana Rotations and besides those 2 RIPs I don't think I died from Lvl70 to 89.

2) Survivability
Survivability is great!
+ My Defense-Tab says >70% Physical Damage Reduction (Lvl19 Grace-Aura) and I don't use endurance charges.
+ No need for Granite Flasks
+ Cannot be stunned (Unwavering).
+ I can tank 1 Ground Slam of the Colonade-Boss (Kole)
+ Against elemental Damage you can use the remaining Flask-Slots

3) Damage is okay
- I bought a 417pDps Bow for 3Ex
- Added Physical Damage on Rings & Amulet (bad roll on amulet)
- Rustic Sash; Added Phys & Attack Speed on Gloves
- 5 Frenzy Charges
- Fire Golem
- My 5-Link is: Tornado Shot + GMP + Physical Proj. Attack Damage + Added Fire + Blood Magic
---> 16k Dps

Use Lioneye's Glare before you buy something >1Ex! A cheap Lioneye's has ~320pDps and can not miss. I don't know the numbers but you should be able to get >11k Dps.

4) Possible Damage Upgrades
- Abyssus-Helmet: From 16k Dps to 18,6k Dps (~16% more Damage)
- Atziri Flask: ~20% more Damage
- 20/20 Gems: Depends. 10% increased Damage give me currenty around 300Dps (1,8% more Damage)

5) My thoughts
This build is ideal to start a league, since your defense comes from Grace+IR+Armour Nodes, your offense comes from Frenzy Charges, Resolute Technique and some cheap unique items.
Regarding Map-Mods you could run everything. However you need Life-Gain-On-Hit (instead of added fire) in Reflect Maps once you hit >10k Dps. Also I dont recommend Temp-Chains, Blood Magic and Undead Maps.
However if you're the type of guy who plays Mathil-Builds, this one is probably too slow for you.

Thank you Asta for writing this build. It might even be my favourite build since I started playing ~3years ago.

This is my 418pDps-Baby:
Spoiler

gl&hf, Neydu

EDIT:
Ascendancy Thoughts:
1) I would take the Champion-Class from Duelist and spec into
- First to Strike, Last to Fall
- Unstoppable Hero
- Fortitude
..and wear Abyssus due to the additional tankiness
2) Or I would take the Berserker Class and spec into
- Pain Reaver
- Crave the Slaughter
- Aspect of Carnage
However we don't know the smaller nodes in between. If they give Melee-Bonuses it isn't worth it.
Last edited by Neydu on Feb 2, 2016, 1:16:03 PM
Berserk for softcore. Champion for HC.
Pretty much ;).

Phys non crit DPS is a bit limited due to the scaling, but its going to be still super solid.

Added your Variants; good job there!

Last edited by Astarte911 on Feb 5, 2016, 2:38:55 AM
Last edited by nuub on Feb 25, 2016, 12:00:34 PM
"
nuub wrote:

You can keep my tree:
Simply drop Grace, remove Blood Magic, add HoA + another Gem -> done. No point in going Ranger area with this build.

For Ascendancy class:
You go for champion and then Fortitude + Inspirational

"
Astarte911 wrote:
"
nuub wrote:

You can keep my tree:
Simply drop Grace, remove Blood Magic, add HoA + another Gem -> done. No point in going Ranger area with this build.

For Ascendancy class:
You go for champion and then Fortitude + Inspirational

With crit we can easy achieve 50-60k dps. Without crit 25k max.
Hello,

This build seems amazing, and I really want to try it out. The tree doesn't work anymore though; could you maybe post an updated version? I am not really experienced enough to make a tree myself :)
"
Khenra wrote:
Hello,

This build seems amazing, and I really want to try it out. The tree doesn't work anymore though; could you maybe post an updated version? I am not really experienced enough to make a tree myself :)

I am running a version of this build in 2 week PHC, you can track my progress through my profile:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Mannoth/characters

Here is my planned tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAQHnBS0HdRDwFCAUTRRxFewYkRo-GlUbqhv6IVUl3ykuLJQxnjH7Mn41kjboOlI64T38QKBDMUZpRrdHfkrITeNOMlBHU7tXDVhjWK9aGl4TXz9hIWIXZFJlTWWnaGVuqm87dO11y3aseA14enloeu97dHvUfLh_44IHhJSE2YTvhVKHKYdqiXGK8ItPjM-baqQZplepJ6luqZStja5QsKu18rYsuR28n702vqe_1cAawKbBBMGjwzPEgs9-0iHTb9i92WHZfNrB3D3iYelG6mLsXO8O8azyL_JB8kXyWvOb9kj46_xL_gr-jw==

Only difference is I went for Ice shot instead of Tornado Shot, to be safer (chill ground).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on May 10, 2016, 8:29:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info