Community Build Guides: Ice Nova, Flicker Strike and more!

Wow! Thank you so much for the shout out to my build guide, GGG/Bex! It's an honor :)
That's true, Chameleon. Some build guides don't really list what type of items to get while leveling, and which stats to focus on late game, just a list of whatever the creator is wearing at the point they are at in the build. I really like Yordle's guides because he always has a huge explanation for what to focus on while gearing and how important each aspect is, and why to focus on certain stats over others.
Heh. Just rolled a Scion based on the Dy'Ness guide. I think I can improve the pathing enough to get double curses and Ghost Reaver, which means 20% regen from leeched damage via Warlord's Mark (I had one stashed). I also want to test the efficiency of Cast When Stunned instead of CWDT for some things, since it might give better curse coverage etc. There is quite a bit of strength in the build, though, so it might not work out in practice.
Oh would you look at that - my flicker build! ^^
Thanks guys! :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Oh would you look at that - my flicker build! ^^
Thanks guys! :)

well to be honest...your guide is the best on that list.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
"
Chameleon wrote:
Following a build is quite easy. Making it work in practical terms is a whole different kettle of fish.

I have followed a number of builds, that's the easy part. Not getting decimated and dying all the time because I dont have the gear is another matter.

There needs to be more gear guides, thats the really hard part of the game to understand and master.

Sure you can follow a build Etup does...but dont wonder why you do 10% of his damage and struggle when he breezes to level 100. It is all about the gear.

I concur with this.

Recently rolled quite ant easy tanky spec, all seem good on the paper, until i hit high lvl maps. Damage comes out of nowhere or in absurd quantities and i die.

Trying Nifflers RF guide, it gives a shit ton of HP, Armour and Damage. Hope for better results against 8 mod vaaled map and ghosted Carnage from Colonnade.
"
Damage comes out of nowhere or in absurd quantities and i die.

that is not problem with build. Problem is that you follow a guide, get to high map and don't know how game work. There isn't any damage from nowhere.

"
Hope for better results against 8 mod vaaled map and ghosted Carnage from Colonnade.

you will need CI COC IC 100/100/100% res for that

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 18, 2015, 3:33:44 AM
I made a Shadow in the Tempest League following that Oro's Guide.. its squishy as fuck but fun as hell :)
My Static Strike Marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211370
Our Map Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/339977/page/1

Avoid: BKR, apinkpwny
Dy'Ness build is what everything wrong with the 2h armor+life vs es+ci debate.

His build is just trolling every dam other builds in pvp while he can just afk and do almost nothing.

Imagine if you could get vaal pact on regen when using armor while being afk and not attacking. that s pretty much what those CI builds are doing. GL getting 5k life regen as a melee armor life based.

If only GGG would look at balancing HLD and those kind of builds. Right now everyone is doing build like those or EA. I don t even play pvp anymore since only 2 builds are viable. super boring

Not only that but since big hit nullify armor, in pvp a melee 2h have no defense unless going to dodge(but BCR gem nullify dodge ) or buying super expensive kaom legacy for regen.

What was the purpose nerfing cyclone when things like this exist?Melee dps should get higher in hld because for now it s Rip RT melee pvp.

If only melee had es regen penetration possibility or nullify regens.

For pve however this build is clever.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Aug 18, 2015, 6:02:42 AM
Awesome, the scion build looks pretty cool! Might give it a shot. Playing around with wild strike right now and loving it :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info