Community Build Guides: Ice Nova, Flicker Strike and more!

i play this on a sketchy character , a shadow lvl 82 and this works like a glove. Witch - SuperNova - Whole Screen 40-137K DPS Ice Nova by Aim_Deep
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
Hope for better results against 8 mod vaaled map and ghosted Carnage from Colonnade.

you will need CI COC IC 100/100/100% res for that

You need only proper hands for such maps and that's about it.
No templar love?
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Hi,

Kamil1010 :
"
Damage comes out of nowhere or in absurd quantities and i die.

that is not problem with build. Problem is that you follow a guide, get to high map and don't know how game work. There isn't any damage from nowhere.

Well, I can follow the Dyness guide, play well and I'll still not have the gear he has. He facetanks bosses, goes AFK vs Dominus : this has nothing to do with the knowledge of the game (to play it ; to build it Dyness needed knowledge of course). The gearing is what really matters in this guide. And this gear IS expansive. I could sell everything I have earnt in the game in 850 and still not have the currency to buy his armour or his shield, which are worth so much exalted I can't count.

Which leads me to a quote from Lolozori :
"
Not only that but since big hit nullify armor, in pvp a melee 2h have no defense unless going to dodge(but BCR gem nullify dodge ) or buying super expensive kaom legacy for regen.
I won't debate abou armour vs ES but if you want to fight Dyness, you have to compare the price of builds. Of course you need to invest several hundreds of exalts in a build to compete with his. It's what his costs ! If you could beat it with a "crappy*" 8 exalted armour, where would be the point of his build ?

* crappy as in I can't afford it and God, how I'd love to !

The cheap builds are interesting. But I'd really like to know how many players in the world can afford the really expansive ones.
"
PathOfOtter wrote:
Heh. Just rolled a Scion based on the Dy'Ness guide. I think I can improve the pathing enough to get double curses and Ghost Reaver, which means 20% regen from leeched damage via Warlord's Mark (I had one stashed).

My Scionic Flametank, which started out as a variant of Dy'Ness tank build for Incinerate users back in 1.3 and has its own build thread, does this, and it works pretty well.

But it is a non-trivial question whether one is better off spending 5 skill points on GR and an extra curse, that won't help on curse-immunes, or on another 30% ES (and a bit more regeneration via that), which helps against everybody. I find that with my own gear - which is much worse than Dy'Ness - it is definitely worth it.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
The fact that a "community build guide" requires a significant currency investment to be viable is proof that Build of the Week is dead and buried, yes?

I thought these "community build guides" were for low-entry, comfortable builds to help people get into the game and understand mechanics and such better. I guess not.
"
SenorPez wrote:
The fact that a "community build guide" requires a significant currency investment to be viable is proof that Build of the Week is dead and buried, yes?

I thought these "community build guides" were for low-entry, comfortable builds to help people get into the game and understand mechanics and such better. I guess not.

And I thought that the idea of the Community Build Guides was to highlight interesting builds showcasing a variety of playstyles, including some outside the mainstream. :)

And I'd certainly say that they deliver on my expectations!

That said, with regards to your notion of viability, I've got a hard time seeing what brought that on. The builds in this round do not have high entry requirements: Unless an author says that a particular item is required, you should not assume it is, and whatever gear the author's character wears in the build post should never be taken as a measure of what is needed for viability unless the author so indicates.

Taking the most obvious example from this round of interesting builds, Dy'Ness uses very expensive gear - but the build itself doesn't rely on anything but the skill tree and the player collecting better ES gear as he levels; It works perfectly as a leveling build - also for new players. I would know: my first character to grow beyond level 42 was a Scion using Dy'Ness' tank build as a base, just Incinerating instead of Firestorming, and I leveled with self-found and self-crafted items until level 82, when I performed my first trade in the game. I obviously didn't have anywhere near the stats that Dy'Ness does, and I don't now, but that was no problem, because the build itself was solid and depended more on efficient skill-point utilization and synergies between different defensive game mechanics than on having great gear.

What more could one reasonably wish for from a community showcase?
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
As a guild-mate of DyNess, I have watched his tank progress over time.

The only 'weakness', if you can say that of his build is his DPS is lower than most high level builds. So his clear speeds in solo are much slower than other builds. Thus it takes longer to level.

However, his build really shines in party play as DyNess runs into a room drawing all the aggro allowing DPS toons to clear with relative safety.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info