[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

Im just saying you are underrating crit multi because the tooltip dps doesnt really show whats going on. Your damage with any bow build on non-crits is irrelevant so all you are doing is waiting to get a crit to kill anything. If you need 2 crits to kill a pack without crit multi and 1 crit with it then you actually gain dps. Also in higher maps killing turbo or other fast bosses relies on getting a crit with blast rain and them dying from the dot.
"
Aggnog wrote:
Im just saying you are underrating crit multi because the tooltip dps doesnt really show whats going on. Your damage with any bow build on non-crits is irrelevant so all you are doing is waiting to get a crit to kill anything. If you need 2 crits to kill a pack without crit multi and 1 crit with it then you actually gain dps. Also in higher maps killing turbo or other fast bosses relies on getting a crit with blast rain and them dying from the dot.

1. Voltaxic is NOT about oneshotting everthyngs with crits. It's base crit chance is too low to stack crit chance up to 90%.
2. If you WAIT for crit to kill, you shouldnt bother about crit damage, you should bother about crit chance, thus you should use ICS gem.
3. VM and SP gems apply to DoT (poison) twice, so your aguments are still irrelevant.

I am not underrating crit multi. It's a very useful stat. The problem is, ICD gem is additive to other sources od crit multiplier and (unlike Faster Attacks) is too weak numerically. It offers too small DPS boost for a gem slot, and becomes even weaker with extra crit multi on gems or talisman implicit.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
not sure if this was asked before but thoughts on phase acrobatics or arrow dancing?
Hey all, just getting back into the game after 2.1 update.

What's changed with this build? Still solid?
"
dezahp wrote:
not sure if this was asked before but thoughts on phase acrobatics or arrow dancing?

Don't take Arrow Dancing in a ranged attack build that doesn't worry about reflect!

I love Phase Acro, but it's not exactly necessary considering how many points it already takes to make this build decent. I believe the original build only took Acro, nothing beyond it, and the op got to level 100, so...
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Dec 18, 2015, 1:54:49 AM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
dezahp wrote:

Don't take Arrow Dancing in a ranged attack build that doesn't worry about reflect!

I love Phase Acro, but it's not exactly necessary considering how many points it already takes to make this build decent. I believe the original build only took Acro, nothing beyond it, and the op got to level 100, so...

played a while without phase acrobatics, but personally i found it to risky and gladly spent the 4 points, no regrets.
Is innervate still worth using in a 6L ?

Still searching optimal 6L for Mapping
Just finished my run to 90 with this, really fast and easy, can only recommend. Check my profile for tree and items.
I wouldn't suggest using snakebite if you don't need the damage boost, losing 70% frenzy charge duration is pretty bad imo. I used it just for the last 2 levels so I could stack poison on map bosses, everything else dies in LA aoe.
okay so I am playing with this build.
Is +1 arrow quiver good for La?
I can confirm I switched to blast rain recently and its pretty fun! More fun to use than frenzy that's for sure. You guys can check my profile for gearing tips, I feel my gear is pretty good for HC, especially since I already died at 81 earlier.
ign : MLG_AT_OVERWATCH

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info