[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

is poison better than slower projectiles as 5th link in blast rain? consindering you need to spend 4 points to increase poisons damage wich could be used elsewhere if you'd link slower projectiles.
How are people running this on mana now as I find even with the Spirit void 3 nodes you just dont get enough leech quickly enough :S
"
shukolade wrote:
is poison better than slower projectiles as 5th link in blast rain? consindering you need to spend 4 points to increase poisons damage wich could be used elsewhere if you'd link slower projectiles.

Theres many supports that are probably better than slower proj. Especially added lightning/faster attacks scale very well with worse gear.
"
zenixmoo wrote:
How are people running this on mana now as I find even with the Spirit void 3 nodes you just dont get enough leech quickly enough :S

running +2 mana on hit jewel plus spirit void is more than enough for me on 5-links.
"
shukolade wrote:
"
zenixmoo wrote:

running +2 mana on hit jewel plus spirit void is more than enough for me on 5-links.

would essence sap not be better then as you only lose 0.2 % leech but gain the +2 on hit naturally?
"
zenixmoo wrote:
"
shukolade wrote:
"
zenixmoo wrote:

would essence sap not be better then as you only lose 0.2 % leech but gain the +2 on hit naturally?

you gain 1 skillpoint if you get a jewel and get both life and mana leech at the duelist area. if you cant get a good jewel with +mana on hit go for essence sap, in fact i used it until i picked up my jewel.
Last edited by shukolade on Dec 15, 2015, 4:48:32 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
[...]GGG wrote, that "projectile" and "chaos" damage modifiers DO affect poison damage (inflicted by projectile skills). That includes "increased projectile damage" from tree and Drillneck, gems "Void Manipulation" and "Slower Projectiles", etc. With all that's, it's absolutely real to deal 75% of hit damage per second as poison (or even more), and that not counting Shock debuff [...]

75% per second is not even close to what you get. With the tree you posted you have:

- 91% increased Projectile
- 74% increased Chaos
- 125% increased Poison
- 120% increased Poison you get from lvl 20 poison gem
- 39% more Chaos you get from lvl 20 Void Manipulation
- 29% more Projectile you get from lvl 20 Slower Projectiles

You start with 20% per second and after all that you will have 182% per second. If you let the poison tick for it's duration you just quintuple your damage. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that your poison will double dip on GMP and Chain the same way so you better don't use them. maybe use Split Arrow + Pierce instead.

[edit] I realised that wasn't your build... I will keep it up as an example however
Last edited by Flouyd on Dec 16, 2015, 9:02:59 AM
"
Flouyd wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
[...]GGG wrote, that "projectile" and "chaos" damage modifiers DO affect poison damage (inflicted by projectile skills). That includes "increased projectile damage" from tree and Drillneck, gems "Void Manipulation" and "Slower Projectiles", etc. With all that's, it's absolutely real to deal 75% of hit damage per second as poison (or even more), and that not counting Shock debuff [...]

75% per second is not even close to what you get. With the tree you posted you have:

- 91% increased Projectile
- 74% increased Chaos
- 125% increased Poison
- 120% increased Poison you get from lvl 20 poison gem
- 39% more Chaos you get from lvl 20 Void Manipulation
- 29% more Projectile you get from lvl 20 Slower Projectiles

You start with 20% per second and after all that you will have 182% per second. If you let the poison tick for it's duration you just quintuple your damage. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that your poison will double dip on GMP and Chain the same way so you better don't use them. maybe use Split Arrow + Pierce instead.

[edit] I realised that wasn't your build... I will keep it up as an example however

Poison's base damage is 10% of hit, not 20%.
And i meant it without Poison gem linked.

Yes, poison will double-dip on GMP and Chain, but you can use new awesome skill Blast Rain. It's still a bit clunky with Slower Projectiles, so maybe it isnt worth it. Or, use Tornady Shot with LMP and +1 arrow quiver.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 16, 2015, 10:25:50 AM
Oh, my bad. With 10%/s the numbers are a lot more sane. It's still worth pointing out that linking poison with gmp or chain will murder your poison dmg to a point where it's not worth using anymore. My personal favorite is still Split Arrow + Pierce
Last edited by Flouyd on Dec 16, 2015, 11:29:20 AM
I'm struggling with int. How is everyone getting enough int(55) for lvl 20 wrath/HoT? From what I see from most people's trees and items, I don't see hardly enough focus on int from gear or the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info