The brittle emperor drop rate

Hi, after 4 weeks, time to do a feedback about the brittle emperor drop rate.
3/4 days after the 2.0 release, I have started to farm a lot the dried lake in solo.
At first, for the card and finaly ... for currencies+farming only.

1st week, I got 3 cards enough regularly (that was maybe too much).
But since 3 weeks, I think to have spent around 80-100 hours (probably more) farming the zone with 0 card.

When you can buy directly the amulet (for around 75 hours farming with the implicit you want).
I have spent more time to fail to get 1/8 of a random implicit voll's devotion. lol

With the current drop rate, the brittle emperor card is totaly useless and a bad joke.

PS : IIQ 133 and sorry for the primitive english.
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2016, 2:34:12 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hi

Amend what you write to include all Div cards, they ALL don't drop enough to be worth while and some of the effects are so ridiculously lackluster but I suppose that is normal for POE considering it has never ever had a smooth gear/drop progression.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
RNG is RNG. I was leveling and one dropped for me, guess I got lucky. Divination cards are meant as an extra means to try and get an item. You take it for granted and think you should have 'more luck' well too bad. The droprate is good as it is.
I remember farming that for a week for like 5-8 hours per fucking day.

Never again.
Not a single card.

What a horrible time.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
When the closed beta was initially released the client had access to the drop rate of div cards so the dataminers had access the numbers. The Brittle Emperor had one of the lowest drop rates. After people complained on Reddit (not specifically about this card) Chris removed the drop rate info from the client. According to the initial estimate (which turned out to be incorrect) the drop rate for this card was 1/10 the drop rate of an exalted orb. Assuming the number was off by 10x (I'm not sure if anyone did the actual correlation) each card is still about as rare as an exalted orb drop (if the drop rate has not changed).
Yea, I'm a bit disappointed by a lot of the Divination cards. What seemed like a nice way to farm for something you need became yet another feature you only can use by launching poe.trade (at least for some cards).

It's more like a small chance for some extra currency dropping since you'll never complete one of the rarer sets by yourself, not that different from an Exalted dropping for you.
I'm not asking to make cards like The Brittle Empereror drop like candy, but imo it would've been a lot less frustrating by changing the system from (rare card/8 needed) to (uncommon card/100 needed), made up some numbers here.

My favourites are probably The Gambler, The Lover and Emperor's Luck. RNG involved massively, but at least I can complete these sets, and the result is potentially worth someting (unlike The Carrion Crow).
I wonder what you expect. The card is in Warbands about 2.5 Ex. Do you really expect that you find several of them within a few hours of farming? :-D
Did you even read his post? He spent 80-100 hours trying to farm without dropping a single card.
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
Did you even read his post? He spent 80-100 hours trying to farm without dropping a single card.

Read again, he got 3 of them in the first week, which is far above the average if anything.

simply put, he's in a dry streak now compared to his first week, which is normal in grinding. The drop rates are fine for this retarded item. '-.-

There's 50 of them listed on xyz. Compared to the old availability at most points in a league, yeah that's ok.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
For this particular item (plus Headhunter) it is probably not too strange they have very low drop rates. They can't after all drop normally...

I don't think the drop rates for Divination Cards in general is too low. They can't make them significant compared to normal drops of their type without affecting the game economy in ways they may not want.

My guess is that GGG set the drop rates low in the start to get some data first of all how people try to farm them, and secondly on their impact on the economy. Then, after such data had been gathered, they'd consider to adjust the rates (as they've already done for some cards).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info