The brittle emperor drop rate

Is it possible to do 75+ maps with high IIR in 7 minutes? Which build do you play? I always thought that my char wasn't that bad, but i dont know if i could do it this fast. Furthermore i have the feeling that iir hasn't got much influence of making currency. yeah i know i just farmed lake, but nevertheless i made always the same amount of currency. yeah with iir i got more yellow items, but compared to non-iir equip the amount of currency was the same because i dropped in killspeed.
Another point would be that i drop in defence when i change to iir equip. dunno how i should play lvl 75+ maps with that gear. Furthermore i only find ~ 1 set for chaos reciep per hour. With IIR 180 the same...Yeah i know its just lake, but shouldnt be the amount of juweller the same just with lower itemlevel?
"
Boem wrote:
"
Kagari wrote:

If i decide to trade and sell one of my incantation for 2 ex i could trade again and buy around 80 lifesprig. And we still think those cards are made for self found players...

No that's a self imposed illusion by the community.
Spoiler

GGG never stated anywhere they where aimed or designed for SF players.

Any reasonable person would have dismissed such a notion instantly given how this game functions at it's core.

They help SF players, certainly, but that's a side-product of their implementation and not the targeted goal.

The targeted goal is

1) split up the acquisition of high-end items
(farm a few cards yourself and buy the rest one at a time, which splits up the overall cost for a player)

2) create more availability of the items themselves on the market if desired by the community
(if people demand a high amount of volls devotions, they will naturally flock to farming dried lake instances on mass, creating a higher influx in the economy of this item)
The opposite is equally true, if volls is no longer desired the availability will drop since people will no longer flock to dried lake farming but to an alternate card.

3) provide choices to the player-base in therms of item acquisition
(farming with mf gear? or with a speed iiq build for cards? and which instances would i do this in? what would yield the most profit?)

At least that's how i perceive these cards and there effect on PoE.

Peace,

-Boem-

That's your own self imposed illusion of how they should work, from the mind of a frequent trader. The description for Divination Cards as listed on this very site specifically lists them as a "systematic" way to farm a desired item. You can't defend the current drop rates as anything remotely resembling "systematic", unless you want some Wisdom Scrolls or blue life armor.

As many people have suggested, increase the drop rate and increase the number it takes to turn in proportionately. It will take the same amount of time to accrue the same value of cards whether you're looking to sell them or turn them in, but at least people will feel some incremental progression while doing so.

Also, they need to quit caring about what the drop rates will be with legacy gear in Standard. No one gives a crap about Standard anymore. Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.
Well I never expected to ever complete a set , but got 1 drop of that little card, as a casual that 2 exalt was damn welcome :D

what make me laugh is card like Rain of CHaos, three faces in the dark, the hermit lol the drop rate vs the result is just stupid and not worth it

otherwise i find that drop rate and availability for some other cards (flora gift, humility, the scholar,emperor lucks and a bunch of others) are at the right spot
"
Nephthysis wrote:

That's your own self imposed illusion of how they should work, from the mind of a frequent trader. The description for Divination Cards as listed on this very site specifically lists them as a "systematic" way to farm a desired item. You can't defend the current drop rates as anything remotely resembling "systematic", unless you want some Wisdom Scrolls or blue life armor.

It actually does, you just need to be realistic. If a solo self found player wants a lifesprig, a tabula rasa, a 5L staff, ... he can and will get it through deterministic farming in a specific area, and it's a huge improvement compared to pre divination card where he could farm a boss for years without ever seeing this specific item. Obviously, your chances to farm a voll's devotion through the divination card are not really better than your chances to farm multiple exalts, which means they are very thin. What did you expect differently ?
Now, I agree with you that for very rare items such as voll's devotion, it might have been better to have 20 or 30 cards with better droprate, to enhance the feeling of progression towards the item. Maybe they didn't want to taint drops with too much cards, I don't know.
Last edited by Dawmz on Aug 18, 2015, 8:47:02 PM
"
Nephthysis wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
"
Kagari wrote:

If i decide to trade and sell one of my incantation for 2 ex i could trade again and buy around 80 lifesprig. And we still think those cards are made for self found players...

No that's a self imposed illusion by the community.
Spoiler

GGG never stated anywhere they where aimed or designed for SF players.

Any reasonable person would have dismissed such a notion instantly given how this game functions at it's core.

They help SF players, certainly, but that's a side-product of their implementation and not the targeted goal.

The targeted goal is

1) split up the acquisition of high-end items
(farm a few cards yourself and buy the rest one at a time, which splits up the overall cost for a player)

2) create more availability of the items themselves on the market if desired by the community
(if people demand a high amount of volls devotions, they will naturally flock to farming dried lake instances on mass, creating a higher influx in the economy of this item)
The opposite is equally true, if volls is no longer desired the availability will drop since people will no longer flock to dried lake farming but to an alternate card.

3) provide choices to the player-base in therms of item acquisition
(farming with mf gear? or with a speed iiq build for cards? and which instances would i do this in? what would yield the most profit?)

At least that's how i perceive these cards and there effect on PoE.

Peace,

-Boem-

As many people have suggested, increase the drop rate and increase the number it takes to turn in proportionately. It will take the same amount of time to accrue the same value of cards whether you're looking to sell them or turn them in, but at least people will feel some incremental progression while doing so.

Also, they need to quit caring about what the drop rates will be with legacy gear in Standard. No one gives a crap about Standard anymore. Nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.

Yeah because farming an area where a certain card drops in order to eventually gain that item is not "systematic" neither can it be considered "targeted farming" right?

Carry on.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
iv'e spend more than 50H of farming these Cards. In the end i diddnt find at least a single one!

I have 60IIQ at least this passes by the drop penalty.

i would be interested to know how the 2.0.4b patch affected the DropRate since it can only drop on the areas Strong Boxes and Bosses now?!
Well there was also chancing which was going pretty strong in 1.3 and i guess was a nice way for new players or others to make some chaos/ex while levelling. The chance rate is so low now i doubt its worth doing on a time/reward perspective.
Honestly I feel like the drop rates are way too low for most cards, not the rate to completion but the rate they drop. I would make it so you average 1 card every 2 or 3 runs and change the stack size to compensate. As is it doesn't feel like you're making any forward progress towards completing a set of cards.

"
frky wrote:
Is it possible to do 75+ maps with high IIR in 7 minutes? Which build do you play? I always thought that my char wasn't that bad, but i dont know if i could do it this fast. Furthermore i have the feeling that iir hasn't got much influence of making currency. yeah i know i just farmed lake, but nevertheless i made always the same amount of currency. yeah with iir i got more yellow items, but compared to non-iir equip the amount of currency was the same because i dropped in killspeed.
Another point would be that i drop in defence when i change to iir equip. dunno how i should play lvl 75+ maps with that gear. Furthermore i only find ~ 1 set for chaos reciep per hour. With IIR 180 the same...Yeah i know its just lake, but shouldnt be the amount of juweller the same just with lower itemlevel?

IIR has nothing to do with currency drops, you need increased item quantity, which can only be found on certain uniques now.
Last edited by j33bus on Nov 12, 2015, 4:03:49 PM
Well if you had the currency you could do maps (or anything else) prtty fast with iir/iiq ventors gamble srs/pa even cyclone or incinerate/totems (and of course vaal spark) come to mind.
Considering that in the 1 month flashback league (with all those bonuses) I completed act 4 merciless, all quests, all optionals, and got into mapping without completing a single div card set (and only coming 50%+ to completing the really lame ones, like wisdom scrolls), I can easily conclude that div cards are a complete waste of stash space for the majority of the playerbase (who don't even make it to merciless).

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info