PoE's performance is poor for a lot of people

"
Grughal wrote:

It doesn't matter what card you have. Enough stuff gets on screen, fps will go down. See the post above the guy running 2 x 980 on sli. I always thought (and experienced) that PoE is more dependant on CPU anyway.

It's not CPU dependent though. That single core just needs to be over 2.0 ghz and that is it for performance needs. Same with ram, 4gb DDR2 (+ gpu ram) is enough on a OS that can allocate 4gb ram to a single app (anything else cannot run this game). Hard drive speed and gpu fill rates though.... the game seems to have a infinite thirst for gpu fill rates.

Another issue is that there are still versions of windows being sold out there that have limits of 1 or 2gb total memory address allocation for a application (vista or 7 32 bit starter/home editions, still sold in some places such as universities). No clue what the hell microsoft is thinking when they are still making and selling 32 bit computers (windows 10 will have 32 bit models in stores, just like windows 8 did) or why they made limits on some versions to 1 or 2gb allowed ram per application. None of these can run this game.... And yes, these 32 bit models being sold are prevented from running PAE by microsoft without a patch since they are not server editions.

Windows xp home 32 bit could only allocate 512 mb of memory to a single application....

edit - anyway... screw it all.... been away from the game since before atziri and already uninstalled (right now) after just a few days of seeing the current state of the game. I have way to many issues with how the game has been developed over the years.
Last edited by Jiero on Aug 25, 2015, 11:57:29 AM
"
proz9c wrote:
It seems to get worse when you alt-tab to windows and back somehow. Like it breaks vsync or whatever i dno im no expert.

Same
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
Because alt-tabbing redistributes CPU Processing on your Computer. IDK but it's just more worse off with PoE though.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Second this OP. I've been playing on and off for 3 years but PoE is way too unoptimized for me to continue playing.

I have a really decent comp, it runs WoW on High fine. I've tried lowering everything to bare minimum (yes even changing the textures below in game settings). Especially in maps with ground effects I just get like 20 fps and the game is unplayable. Really disappointing and I won't be playing this game again until it is fixed.
they should really fix the performance issues ...
Last edited by LMHTB on Aug 26, 2015, 8:42:13 AM
I'm starting to think GGG and Nvidia are purposely making the game slower and more difficult to play smoothly to force us buying new graphic cards. Such arrangements aren't uncommon in the gaming industry...
"
Shimaran wrote:
I'm starting to think GGG and Nvidia are purposely making the game slower and more difficult to play smoothly to force us buying new graphic cards. Such arrangements aren't uncommon in the gaming industry...

Lol. Your tinfoil hat is on a bit too tight me thinks.
"
LMHTB wrote:

a year ago i was playing poe with an average of 10-15 fps

now am playing with an average over the 30fps

They are clearly working on it.
but this is not the kind of issue you solve on the drop of a hat.
"
LMHTB wrote:

Let's believe they will start soon.
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
I somehow manage to play this game (and kill Malachai) with sub 4 fps, sometimes even turning into 2-3 seconds per frame. While my fps in warframe is twice/threefold higher.

I don't think GGG is in any position to change the core problem behind the fps drops though, it may have been a bad design choice at the time that is now biting us.

Our best bet may very well be to hope that if Path of Exile ever gets a sequel, it will be better optimized, being able to reach a proper 30+ fps at all times.

Meanwhile, even though I left PoE for 2 yrs, I'll enjoy the game (with its fps drops) for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info