[2.1] Fakener - "The Nut Buster" Budget Cyclone CoC Discharge (UPDATED)

UPDATED FOR 2.1
CHANGES
Spoiler
- Tree changed a bunch, using Acrobatics now and skipping out on armor entirely, gear must now be EV based

This build can also be played as Shadow with exact same tree

This is my way of doing the infamous Fakener build on a 2ex budget or so.
Original build by Mathil.

This isn't a beginner's guide, but I will outline what I use and why I use it.
I will assume you already have knowledge of how this build generally functions going forward.

Used to be playing this at level 82 and doing really well with it so wanted to share.

The build is fairly tanky and focuses on life and is played with Elemental Equilibrium for reasons I will explain in the gem links section.
Blood Magic is used to free up a link in your 5L Volls Protector. You obviously cannot use auras for this reason.
Once you have a 6L Volls Protector, spec out of Blood Magic to use auras.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Surgeon prefix on atleast 1 Life Flask can be a good idea for extended fights with no mobs to refill.
Surgeon Quicksilver allows you to run perma turbo mode through mob packs.

Required items
Spoiler
The only thing that is absolutely required is a 5-linked Volls Protector.
Tabula with a PCOC can also work but is vastly inferior.
Another thing that is highly reccommended is a Vagan dagger with the 'Hits cannot be evaded' affix.

Ideal items
Spoiler
Voll's Devotion
Rat's Nest
Maligaro's Virtuosity

These 3 items, especially Devotion as it nearly doubles your current damage, bring massive DPS increases if you can support the loss of res/life on other gear pieces or auras.

6-linked Voll's Protector
Obligatory listing, but having a 6L Volls allows you to spec out of Blood Magic and use the support gem instead, getting back aura usage.

Passive Tree

IDEAL 2.1 UPDATED 105 POINT TREE
Spoiler
http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYARXyXl_v1tDjlGYw2idNwUioLVUth4iaVFr9d8g5IEZaQG3BWmhPb1AcelS7w1UlRj_rr9WSd8h0PqySLwzoqOJu1hMVfsMpKb56cpIcTdweDCSj6mK2Cx_noQYe3Pv4K2L01krXyUUysR31bKk0_J0rIbqp4DcAabzupblivNug6Ug4837_bT-DDJby8nxiRhmDyRW1sNj2dqmyMYqyxkC2ovoCKr5ARe8NybGxGMgn8SxRNIuro1gW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCUUfnVCT9_9431O0_

Gem Links
Spoiler
5-6L: Lvl 1 Cyclone + Cast On Critical Strike + Frost Nova + Discharge + Life Leech + (Blood Magic)
Explanation: to make Elemental Equilibrium work in your favor, it's important that you have ZERO added fire or lightning damage to attacks on your gear. (No fire is only relevant with Volls Devotion)
Frost Nova must also be placed in your links before Discharge, so it technically "procs first", applying a +frost but negative lightning and fire resist debuff that Discharge immediatly overrides by doing the reverse damage. The debuff then resets again when Frost Nova hits again, resetting the cycle.
This makes EE always work in Discharge's favor for that sweet negative 50 resist.

You can upplement with:
CWDT + Golem + Enfeeble
Lvl 1 Whirling Blades + Fortify + Faster Attacks + (Blood Magic)
Vaal Haste/Grace + Increased Duration

But in the end it's really up to your preferences.

Blasphemy curses can be used when you have a 6L Volls Protector and spec out of Blood Magic.
Warlord's Mark and Conductivity are both good choices.

Jewels
Spoiler
Ideally you want rare jewels with any combination of these:
Life
Global Crit Chance
Attack Speed
Area Damage
Spell Damage

Stats
Spoiler
Crit, crit and more crit. Crit is your bread and butter for damage, and without a good +50% chance (without charges) you will not do damage very reliably, and therefor may get killed if you get a chain of noncrits in a row, ergo you not getting any hp return from the leech by doing no damage.

Aim for capped resists and as much life on your rare gear as possible.
Attack Speed on gloves/rings.
Global Crit on jewelry, and spell damage/crit mult on amulet.

Bandits
Spoiler
Normal - Oak
Cruel - Kraityn
Merciless -Alira

Video Demonstration
Spoiler

Please leave some feedback as this is the first guide I've written.
Last edited by slashmessiah on Dec 9, 2015, 6:46:31 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2016, 5:43:00 AM
Atziri / Ubder?
"
Defaceo wrote:
Atziri / Ubder?

Havn't done either yet on this character, so can't speak for its viability on that.
what is pushing my dmg spell damage phys. damage or only elem. dmg ?
"
Yamasu wrote:
what is pushing my dmg spell damage phys. damage or only elem. dmg ?

Spell damage and elemental damage will both work the same for increasing overall damage.
Cyclone is only used as the trigger, the physical damage done by it is completely redundant.
Frost Nova + Discharge is what actually does the damage.
what if shock nova instead?
hi, nice guide btw, why aiming for attack speed on glove?
"
akusaip wrote:
hi, nice guide btw, why aiming for attack speed on glove?

More attacks = more crits = more spell spam = more dps
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Sorry, I'm new player from difference servers. What should I do if I no have a lot of item like you. Something like what should I be before I can be same you Melee, ranger, Spell-caster or what? Can you tell me that. I so want to build same you it look so fun. ^^
Last edited by StarLight_MemoRies on Sep 30, 2015, 1:02:18 PM
how much life/es u have?!

do you have any video of higher maps?! like 75-76?!

hows your single target DPS?!

how do you sustain mana?!

is LifeLeech gem enought for singeltargetboss as regen?!

dont u need inc Aoe Gem or more AOE from tree to clear efficiently?!?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Oct 16, 2015, 5:38:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info