[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Hey guys, I'm enjoying playing this build so far but I was wondering just how you get to around 2000 intelligence shown in the guide and I currently have 1469. I'm currently level 84.

My current Gear:
"
JamieO wrote:
Hey guys, I'm enjoying playing this build so far but I was wondering just how you get to around 2000 intelligence shown in the guide and I currently have 1469. I'm currently level 84.

He has legacy rings which increase intelligence by 3% per unique and the Eye of the Greatwolf talisman which increases all atributes by 30%.
I was wondering for this upcoming 2week race if you think this is viable in a 4man group setting, Also if going Ranger/Berserker ascendancy is recommended.
"
Sadpandabearz wrote:
I was wondering for this upcoming 2week race if you think this is viable in a 4man group setting, Also if going Ranger/Berserker ascendancy is recommended.

Should be viable, though won't be competitive with the top of the ladder if that's something you're going for. Raider/berserker would be great for clearing maps quickly. My primary concern would be negatively impacting the performance of my groupmates - make sure their computers are up to spec!
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Hi! I recently found this guide and it really made me want to play it. I got myself an almost-perfectly rolled 5 link WI, but Im a little skeptical as to how I'll keep up with the mana cost using icestorm with all the support gems. And I know you addressed this problem toward the end of your guide, but I still have doubts whether I'll be able to deal with the mana costs despite your recommendation of taking out some support gems and using reduced mana cost.
Also, when should I allocate the clusters of life node that branches out away from our main damage nodes? Should I try to get them early and over with, or later when I have some leniency after taking damage nodes?

All and all, Im super-excited for this, and thanks in advance!!
Can a reflect mob from a box kill you with this build around level 68-75?
How do you feel about Izaro's Turmoil (Cold and fire damage jewel)?
With prophecy league coming, are there any major changes for this build? Bc im planning to do this build as an occultist, taking the es/stun as well as the +1 curse nodes, saving me points to go to unwavering stance that i can put into extra curse and aura reservation so i can do 2 blasphemies discipline.
Any thoughts?
I would like to see this Build adapted to Prophecy
as It was one of the most powerful and fun builds I played in 3y of POE.
IGN: MsPoopyButthole
I've been running this build (sub-optimal gear) and am at level 62-ish. I made some minor changes and it's been working terrific for me thus far (can't wait to see mapping).

My first change was removing Elemental Focus and replacing it with Hypothermia (DEX-based support gem). The damage loss was almost unnoticeable, and served a primary function of allowing my fie damage to ignite enemies. This was important for bosses that might have a "run the fuck away" phase, as it prevented their energy shield from recharging during that time. As stated, damage loss was almost unnoticed.

My second was to add Izaro's Turmoil to the jewel slots. By doing so, it increased damage quite a bit, especially at lower levels. At level 36, it was dealing on average 500 damage per shard, and I sunk most of my points at that point towards defenses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info