[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

This build has now exceeded my wildest expectations.

At great personal cost (had to sell my Skyforths, among other things), I have acquired the perfect amulet for this build - this thing blows astramentis out of the water.

Unfortunately these things are exclusive to standard, and only a handful exist.

But the stats, dear god the stats.

I will be making a twinned core video in the near future. If there is any other crazy content people would like to see cleared, I am taking suggestions :D
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
another question, Can you double cast the skill in the same zone or does it only work once while its going?
"
Baalorlord wrote:
At great personal cost (had to sell my Skyforths, among other things), I have acquired the perfect amulet for this build - this thing blows astramentis out of the water.

Unfortunately these things are exclusive to standard, and only a handful exist.

To be precise, TWO of these exist.

Holy crap, paid hundreds of exalts? Mirror's worth? You're crazy, dude! :))

Skyforth, now this... You're gonna scare people into thinking that this build is insanely expensive. It's really not.

P.S. Bah, you also abandoned the duration nodes because with 2k+ Int you don't really need them? And the AoE nodes because that talisman replaces them. In other words, this is absolutely unrealistic for anybody else :(
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 15, 2016, 5:08:45 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

P.S. Bah, you also abandoned the duration nodes because with 2k+ Int you don't really need them? And the AoE nodes because that talisman replaces them. In other words, this is absolutely unrealistic for anybody else :(

Lol, yep. I'll update the main post soon with a tree that isn't incredibly wonky.

With 2100 int and duration nodes, icestorm actually lasts too long - with that much duration you can kill yourself accidentally on atziri because an icestorm persists onto her mirrored clone from earlier in the fight.

I will also clarify in the main post what is required for the build to be uber-viable. It was first done in a temp league before ascendancy classes were a thing, so its even easier to do in a temp league now.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Last edited by Baalorlord on Mar 15, 2016, 5:21:49 PM
That some crazy gear guys !! Congrats
I will need to work a lot :P

Spoiler

If you want to sell your astramentis... but i'm a little poor haha
---
"
Kelemn wrote:
If you want to sell your astramentis... but i'm a little poor haha

Buy the cheapest crappiest Astramentis and roll it yourself. It only has 1 random explicit mod. Surely you have some Divine orbs gathering dust in your stash (if you somehow don't, go farm Humility in the Aqueduct; Tabula Rasa vendors for 1 Divine). It really doesn't take much to roll +95 stats or better.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 15, 2016, 8:54:52 PM
Will try thanks for the advice ! Did not play since july (Like 3 week when 2.0 got live) so i have a lot to catch up.
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Mar 15, 2016, 10:24:22 PM
Is this card common? I never got 1 on any character.
"
Asag wrote:
Is this card common? I never got 1 on any character.

Nope, it is kind of hard to get.
But in the new perandus league the staff is pretty common due to cadiro.
Check http://poe.trade/ for prices
Hi, I'm trying to incorporate your experience with the build to my character. Hope you don't get scared with so many questions :/

1- I'm playing as low life because I have a good shav, but no good es armour.
Instead of getting resistances in tree, I get aura nodes (4 purities = 103 all res, 6 max res). The empowered discipline almost makes up the es difference from armor. And instead of extra es thanks to CI, low life gets pain attunement and one herald.

I don't know what comes out on top after some maths. But more max res, more dmg and some party support in exchange for less es seems an interesting alternative.

2-If I don't have res issues, going south of scion side doesn't worth it, right? I would save purity of elements, but other auras aren't that useful in this build, tooltip barely changes with dmg ones.

At the same topic, no luck with skyforth yet, and I'm wondering if I should get to unwavering stance or not. Not sure if perma-stun is an issue with the block that rumi's give.
For now, the purpose of the char is being able to solo zana dailies (my main char is a support).

3- I don't understand the skill duration nodes, are they really needed?
For general mapping things die/move before the duration is over, so it's only for bosses. And if bosses stay in the ice field, they are going down pretty fast anyway. More intelligence seems to be better, but I have a very small practical experience compared to you, so I can be wrong.

4- Do you know how increased/reduced area of effect works? Having higher aoe can result in lower single target damage (due to projectiles spreading out and not hitting same target)? Or the projectiles also get bigger? I ask so because I'm running with inc. aoe as a 6th gem to have a higher clear speed, and it might be a huge mistake.

5-I'm wearing Black Sun Crest + legacy perandus, but I can't bear the reduced light radius indoors. I guess there isn't any decent source of light radius, right?
Maybe I swap to a rare helmet, it just that loosing so much int makes me sad :(

6- How is mana? Do you generate more than you use, or you have to walk after several casts?
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info