[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
Kelemn wrote:
The chill effect still work with elemental focus and avatar of fire ?

I run both Elemental Focus and Avatar of Fire in the videos shown in the main post of this thread, and you can see enemies being chilled, so it does apply chill from chilled ground even in this case.

"
Anup wrote:
temporal chains are useless, you already have them on chilled ground ;)

The slow from chill and from temp chains stacks multiplicatively, so this is actually a decent defense mechanism.

Dual curse is definitely something I have often considered sticking into this build, and is definitely a viable option for those who want to customize the build. Enfeeble, Temp chains, and flammability are all viable curses for this purpose.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Thanks for the explanation guys ! :)
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Mar 17, 2016, 11:33:04 AM
Can someone tell me if the gems in the gear section are correct?
Temp Chains would be useless for this build because we have enough ES and leech to survive without slowing down the enemies even more than they are slowed by the chilled ground. Not to mention that sacrificing gloves for it would be a major downgrade.

The best dual curse option for us is Enfeeble (to help against the huge hits from Uber or Core Malachai), either CWDT or another aura (should be possible with the reduced reservation helm enchantment for AA or Discipline and lv 4 Enlighten or 1-2 tree nodes).

Bosses have a 60% reduced curse effect (and we only need that against bosses anyway). For example, Enfeeble makes them do 30% LESS damage. With 20q Blasphemy (10% inc) and the efficiency nodes (5+5% inc) it gains 20% increased effect, i.e. it's 36% LESS damage. The boss gives it 60% reduced effect. All that is applies on the monster's side, so it adds up to 60-10-5-5=40% reduced effect of the curse, or 30 * (1 - 0.4) = 18% LESS damage, i.e. exactly half of its pure power.

However, Enfeeble and AA stack. Enfeeble makes the boss hit you for 18% LESS damage, AA makes you receive 13% LESS damage dealt by the boss, i.e. (1-0.18) * (1-0.13) = 0.71, or 29% LESS total damage (from physical and fire, but those are really the only two we care about).

I'm going to look into that. Dunno if it's going to help much or not, but it sounds interesting. One obvious downside though: it's going to require 6L. This build can rock everything with just a 5L armor which is awesome.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 17, 2016, 5:16:37 PM
Hey, I got 6k DPS and only 9.8k ES at level 90 with this gear, can I do uber with 9.8k ES only?

If not, how do I get more ES with this gear, I thought I'd get 11k with it easily but apparently not.

"
MedvedPoe wrote:
Hey, I got 6k DPS and only 9.8k ES at level 90 with this gear, can I do uber with 9.8k ES only?

If not, how do I get more ES with this gear, I thought I'd get 11k with it easily but apparently not.

Perandus rings. They are a big boost in ES and damage.

Dunno about Uber with less than 10k ES, depends on how good you are. Some deaths will happen. As long as it's fewer than 6.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
MedvedPoe wrote:

Dunno about Uber with less than 10k ES, depends on how good you are. Some deaths will happen. As long as it's fewer than 6.

Just bought 2 perandus rings, ES went up by like 30 and DPS didnt change much at the cost of 4ex and a lot of res, to use these id have to sacrifice my damage jewels which would probably make me have less damage than before I used these rings..

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I thought I didn't need to have a 900 ES chest for 11k+.
"
Baalorlord wrote:
"
Kelemn wrote:
The chill effect still work with elemental focus and avatar of fire ?

I run both Elemental Focus and Avatar of Fire in the videos shown in the main post of this thread, and you can see enemies being chilled, so it does apply chill from chilled ground even in this case.

"
Anup wrote:
temporal chains are useless, you already have them on chilled ground ;)

The slow from chill and from temp chains stacks multiplicatively, so this is actually a decent defense mechanism.

Dual curse is definitely something I have often considered sticking into this build, and is definitely a viable option for those who want to customize the build. Enfeeble, Temp chains, and flammability are all viable curses for this purpose.

temporal chains may be stacked, but overall not very good way of defense as enemies should be already slow enought... Using enfeeble would be much better defense mechanism. Also flammability would be nice to kill everyone off before they can do something to you (and increase ammount of life, shield here, leached), or even assassins mark (I havent studied the build in depth too much do evaluate how much it would or wouldn't profit from increased critical chances and mana on kill). Therefore temporal chain is not without effect, but after sacrificing DMG/ES to get that second curse it is one of worst decisions for second curse IMO
Last edited by Anup on Mar 17, 2016, 6:55:40 PM
"
MedvedPoe wrote:

Seems like you have DPS covered, if you need more ES then occultist or Heirophant ascendancies are a solid option.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
MedvedPoe wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
MedvedPoe wrote:

Just bought 2 perandus rings, ES went up by like 30 and DPS didnt change much at the cost of 4ex and a lot of res, to use these id have to sacrifice my damage jewels which would probably make me have less damage than before I used these rings..

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I thought I didn't need to have a 900 ES chest for 11k+.

Hmm... that shouldn't be like that. Something else is wrong. What is your tree, jewels, Asc classes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info