Account security is pretty pitiful

"
That's on you don't blame GGG on this lol

the ip check ggg introduced works perfectly, haven't had hacking complaints for a long time since it's introduction.

the chance somebody got passwords from your email and ggg account as well as your IP-address (which is impossible to retrieve ingame) to setup a proxy is very small.

then you say you don't even have much stuff to steal....it really sounds like you trusted someone in your family with these details or left your ps unattended with the game running.

did you?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
How is that NOT blaming GGG.

Because I didn't say or imply it was their fault anywhere in my post, obviously. I was somewhat annoyed when I made it, in case you and the trolls couldn't tell. I don't think its unreasonable to ask them to add security options. Most services have extra security options now and for good reason, shit happens.
Dude are you just going to call anyone who disagrees with you and say It's YOUR fault trolls? Own up to it.

Like this is ridiclious.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
That's on you don't blame GGG on this lol

^
Spoiler
never late to cote this
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Another day in path of plenty.
Last edited by ihssan on Aug 9, 2015, 2:59:30 AM
"
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
How is that NOT blaming GGG.

Because I didn't say or imply it was their fault anywhere in my post, obviously. I was somewhat annoyed when I made it, in case you and the trolls couldn't tell. I don't think its unreasonable to ask them to add security options. Most services have extra security options now and for good reason, shit happens.

You didn't say it. You did imply it, though. You cannot not have implied it, or else your asking for additional security options would be pontless. If you didn't think it were GGG's fault in any way, how could they change it.
I guess I know what you mean now. You see that you're the one responsible and thus you ask GGG to make it harder for you to compromise your account.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
The best combo i recommand for password is :

Tav512@ 3 latter with uppercase one, 3 numbers and a symbol, short and strong.
IGN: MENT

https://github.com/ment2008/POE/releases - My Loot Filter
Last edited by ment2008 on Aug 9, 2015, 3:24:13 AM
"
Dude are you just going to call anyone who disagrees with you and say It's YOUR fault trolls? Own up to it.

Like this is ridiclious.

Maybe you should own up to having poor reading comprehension, but I guess everyone seems to be interpreting my aggravation that my account was hacked as blaming GGG and acting like it couldn't possibly be my fault even though I didn't say anything remotely like that. I know very well that it could have been my fault, but its not like the hacker left me a message telling me exactly how they got in or what my mistake was.
I'm asking that they add options for extra security measures, of which there are none that I can find. I'd like to try and prevent this from reoccurring. So maybe you can understand why showing up and going "lol its ur falt shut up" looks pretty trollish.

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
I guess I know what you mean now. You see that you're the one responsible and thus you ask GGG to make it harder for you to compromise your account.

Exactly. Though I couldn't possibly confirm that it was something I did or what it was, that is almost always the case, but that doesn't mean having extra security won't help. I try to be careful with what I'm doing on the internet but as I said, shit happens and a lot of services have extra security nowadays for good reason.

My verbal diarrhea aside now, I think I'm done with this thread. Feel free to get the last word in if it matters to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info