Account security is pretty pitiful

So its been probably a couple years since the last time it happened, but my account was recently hacked again. I've never had much, but it gets real tiresome logging in to find everything of value gone. Add better options for account security, because its real sad that I've been hacked more on PoE than any other game.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That's on you don't blame GGG on this lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Nice troll, bro.
Okay watch everyone quote my post.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

/\
||
||
||
GGG is awesome, not their fault that your password is 1234

Last edited by Riftero on Aug 8, 2015, 4:16:26 AM
"

Am I late sis.
I love teddy bears.
"

I mean.... Its just like at Work... Safety Starts with YOU!
Most people who get their gaming accounts hacked did something that compromised their account such as clicking on something they shouldn't have on a website or like when you are streaming and you accidentally show something on your stream that people use to gain access to your account!

Ive never had ANY account i use for something online become compromised! But im also a little extra paranoid about certain things which in turn helps to keep it that way!

None the less you may want to scan your computer for anything like a key logger or any of the number of things people use to do such things! In the mean time im sure if you Email GGG @ support@grindinggear.com someone there will help you get straightend out! They have always been really good about helping me pretty quick anytime ive ever emailed them with an issue or question about something!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 8, 2015, 4:25:51 AM
"

"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
I mean.... Its just like at Work... Safety Starts with YOU!
Most people who get their gaming accounts hacked did something that compromised their account such as clicking on something they shouldn't have on a website or like when you are streaming and you accidentally show something on your stream that people use to gain access to your account!

Ive never had ANY account i use for something online become compromised! But im also a little extra paranoid about certain things which in turn helps to keep it that way!

I agree with you to an extent. I'm not blaming GGG that my account was hacked, [Removed by Support] and I understand that I may have somehow possibly maybe compromised my own account, but its not like I'm some idiot giving my password to anyone that asks and downloading programs that promise to increase my magic find. Here's the problem I have though. There needs to be more options for me to take advantage of to add security, like an authenticator, something, anything besides just having an email attached to it. Like i said already, I've never had an account hacked multiple times like this. I actually can't recall the last time one of my accounts was hacked besides PoE. Its puzzling.
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Aug 9, 2015, 7:34:39 PM
"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info