[2.1] Caustic Arrow MF Guide 340+ IIR/45+ IIQ [HC/SC Viable]

Updated and viable for 2.1!

Please keep in mind that many of these changes are untested. The build should be just as strong as before, or even stronger due to the new skill-gems and skill-tree changes, however I can't guarantee it. I will be testing it out after the new league launches and post a few gameplay videos to give you an indication of its power.

If you have any questions about the build, come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:

Lifting's Twitch Live Stream Channel

What's up my fellow Wraeclast exiles!?
This is the official build-thread for my Caustic Arrow Magic-Find Scion. In this thread I will cover the requirements of the build.

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. Magic find enthusiasts who wish to swim in rares and uniques!

2. Players who seek a strong boss farming character that that can also efficiently clear level 74-75+ maps.

3. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

4. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Skill-gems and setups:

1: Caustic Arrow, Void Manipulation, Rapid Decay, Increased Area of Effect, Slower Projectiles Empower (level 2+).

2. Flame Totem, Increased Item Rarity, Culling Strike, Blood Magic

Cast multiple Flame Totems to drop your life for Divination Distilate to increase magic find.

3: Grace, Purity of Elements, Enduring Cry, Blink Arrow.

4. Vulnerability, Vaal Lightning Trap, Multiple Traps & Blood Magic.

Use Vaal Lightning Trap to spread "shocked ground". This will increase the damage of your Caustic Arrow degen. Great against bosses/rares.

5: Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9) linked with Immortal Call (lvl 11), Summon Flame Golem (lvl 11) and Blood Rage (lvl 12).

If you prefer you can keep leveling the Blood Rage so that you can cast it manually whenever needed.

Passive Skill-tree:

Leveling skill-tree, 22 points:
[spoiler]https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8pebXaiaWlJKyD8nKk0A7izpFSAtgxm0vqduadX4ZU29Nkd-dcvqYre2jX4=[/spoiler]

Leveling skill-tree, 49 points:
[spoiler]https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8pebXaiaWlJKyD8nKk19WwDurEcs6VFMFSDKSi2DX7AZtJu1vqfDOnXLbmllTRmKIuq3tupi1fi9NpcG6NaNfkd-xKKbJkMxu-PfmDIB2sH-umJashl07c96BS1h63rvelM=[/spoiler]

Leveling skill-tree, 69 points:
[spoiler]https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8pfYTZtdlKComtpiWlJodErI-eg_JypNfVsA7qxHLOlRTBUgykotg1-wGbSbtb6nwzp1y25pZU0ZiiLqt7bqYtX4vTaXBujWjX5HfsSimyYFted0QzG749-YMgGNv21s2sHDM_66YlqyGVFH1CM2PXTtWhrPej7PVYUFLWHrvealy3rvelM=[/spoiler]

Leveling skill-tree, 88 points:
[spoiler]https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8pfYTZtdlKComtpiWlJodErI-eg_JypNfVsA7qxHLOlRTBUgykotg1-wGbSbtb6nwzp1y25pZU0ZiiLqt7bqYtX4vTaXBujWjX5HfsSimyYFted0QzG749-YMgGNv21s2sHDM_66YlqyGVFH1CM2PXTtWhrPej7PVYUFLWHrvealy3rvelOJ4OZYkx9JE7VIdoLIDDB8jX0j9k2SR-Ii4qQ5bqq18jWS2L2dqmyMYqw=[/spoiler]

Finished build 113 points:
[spoiler]https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAA8pfYTZtdlKComtpiWlJ7w2h0GFZKyPnobqo_J7XyKk01kn1bR-IA7v6P2L2sRyLiLOlN4_4KUUykORUgplfyRcpKLYM64V-wGbSbtb6nwzp1y25pZU2J4BmKIuq3tupi1fi9NuZYlwbo1o1-R36TH8SimyYFted0QzFJE7vj35gyARqNjb9tbNrBwzP-umJashlbJlFH1CM2PbVIdO0uU1oaz3p_-z7PN9QwfJ2qVYV2ggUt029h673m7T-NfWyMpcvIDHrvelMj9mKsTZKGs2-e8bNLV8DjhMWwq8SCivDpRg==[/spoiler]

Bandit Quest Rewards

- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life
- Cruel : Kill them all for the skill-point (jewel efficient)
- Merciless: Help Kraityn for +1 to maxium Frenzy Charge

Gearing and stat priorities

When you are resistance capped, this is the stats you should aim for

For defense: (Number 1 being the most important and number 5 the least important)

1. Life
2. Evasion (both evasion and armour is fine if going Iron Reflexes)
3. Item Rarity
4. Strength/Intelligence (to help leveling up your skill-gems)
5. Chaos Resistance

For offense:

1. Increased Chaos, Degen, Projectile, Area Damage (Use jewels <-- IMPORTANT)
2. Attack Speed

Awesome magic find uniques that greatly benefits this build:

None of these uniques are required, but if you want those top rarity/quantity rolls then you will need to use some of these.

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Stay safe!
Kind Regards
LNB
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Dec 15, 2015, 9:18:30 AM
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2016, 9:57:09 PM
Reserved! =)
what is this? huffington post?
looks to me like more or less exact copy of this build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803
Thanks for this guide.

But

"
3. Fans of poison (fish in French)

What ? Fish is Poisson in French, Poison is Poison :D !
"
ogrec wrote:
looks to me like more or less exact copy of this build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291803

Wait, builds that are the same also look the same? This is definitely Lifting's style, more of a tanky, easier for newer people to play, type of build. Nice write up Lifting, looks neat as always!
"
ogrec wrote:

Well... As you can see mine is a scion his is a ranger. If you take a look at the skill-trees you will also see some significant changes.
"
Nillydia wrote:
Thanks for this guide.

But

"
3. Fans of poison (fish in French)

What ? Fish is Poisson in French, Poison is Poison :D !

Haha that is probably important to know that difference. Don't wanna serve poison then I suppose ;D
Looks fun! At around what level will this build start to really kick off?
Last edited by remas779 on Aug 7, 2015, 11:48:23 PM
"
"
ogrec wrote:

Well... As you can see mine is a scion his is a ranger. If you take a look at the skill-trees you will also see some significant changes.

Lifting, my man. I actually was a bit disappointed because "Serleth" Told me about this... I'm not saying that you full on copied his build notable for notable, but... There arent many significant changes.

I mean, sure, you went scion, he went ranger, but the pathing is almost a mirror copy, only differences are, you took shaper (i assume because of the life regen? idunno, i only use shaper for witch builds) he took Corruption (Top right hand corner chaos nodes) almost everything else is identical, apart from the pathing from ranger > Duelist.

Its completely understandable that you did this, since PA is a very linear skill and theres basically one tree format that works, and its pretty standard (similar to marauder cyclones, the trees are almost always the same, structure-wise)

Look, im not like, saying you're a noob because of how you copied my mates build, because, its not a 100% copy, but... you know, similar tree, only a few tiny changes... both builds are MF PA... It just seems a bit fishy, thats all...

Im not gonna be all like "OHSHIT he copied someones build, he is totally not legit anymore, fuck his streams", nono, im still gonna support you 100%, but.. yeah, I just wanted to point out the similarities between the two builds...

:)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
"
"
ogrec wrote:

Lifting, my man. I actually was a bit disappointed because "Serleth" Told me about this... I'm not saying that you full on copied his build notable for notable, but... There arent many significant changes.

I mean, sure, you went scion, he went ranger, but the pathing is almost a mirror copy, only differences are, you took shaper (i assume because of the life regen? idunno, i only use shaper for witch builds) he took Corruption (Top right hand corner chaos nodes) almost everything else is identical, apart from the pathing from ranger > Duelist.

Its completely understandable that you did this, since PA is a very linear skill and theres basically one tree format that works, and its pretty standard (similar to marauder cyclones, the trees are almost always the same, structure-wise)

Look, im not like, saying you're a noob because of how you copied my mates build, because, its not a 100% copy, but... you know, similar tree, only a few tiny changes... both builds are MF PA... It just seems a bit fishy, thats all...

Im not gonna be all like "OHSHIT he copied someones build, he is totally not legit anymore, fuck his streams", nono, im still gonna support you 100%, but.. yeah, I just wanted to point out the similarities between the two builds...

:)

How many similar incinerate builds do you guys think there are out there, cyclone builds, ft builds? Seriously... There are only so many ways you can make certain builds if they need to be fully optimized.

I would never look at someones builds and blatantly copy him/her. If the build seems similar it is simply because we have had the same ideas/thoughts on how to make a good build.

My viewers have been wanting a guide for the poison arrow character I played and now I have delivered it.

Big probs to Serleth, I haven't looked over his build in detail, but if they are similar then I congratulate him on making a successful build.

Now please end this anti-intellectual discussion about "which build is mine". There is a reason I never name my builds "Liftings flame totem build etc" as I realize that there are probably many more who have had the same idea. After all Poison Arrow is a pretty common and very used skill in the game atm.

If you feel it is necessary, then by all means feel free to PM me, but please leave the forum thread for an actual discussion of the build/questions.
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Aug 8, 2015, 6:04:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info