Stun

"spells can stun but cannot be boosted upon last i was told."
from my experience in game, this seems to be corrrect, unfortunately.
can anyone confirm? or can we get a dev confirmation?
"
zephiroth3 wrote:
"spells can stun but cannot be boosted upon last i was told."
from my experience in game, this seems to be corrrect, unfortunately.
can anyone confirm? or can we get a dev confirmation?

This is correct, confirmation is here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1044977

They also said they're going to try enabling it.
@Aelloon
I somehow feel this gem is difficult to use in the sense that there are always more attractive options for the extra slot. There are a whole number of extra dps options like multistrike, more phys damage, faster attacts, etc each of which grants at least a 20% dps increase. So to use this, the effects should be better than that.
If you are any old melee build the gem will probably be enough to stun whites and occasionally blues but be rarely enough for rares or bosses. As the stun duration is only 350 ms base this doesn't help very much.
Currently I'm playing a classic melee stun build, ground slam, marohi erqi, all the stun passives nodes. Even without any stun support gems I stun all whites and most blues. With a stun duration of almost 1 second, I can occasionally stunlock rares or even bosses but not reliably so. Putting in this gem would allow me to stunlock almost everything if I can hit it reliably (ie if there are not too many other targets around) but it doesn't seem worthwhile compared to the lost dps. I do use a heavystrike+endurance charge on stun combo for bosses and the reduced stun threshold there is enough in combination with passives and equipment.
So seems like a useful gem but doesn't get used because there are always better options?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info