[2.0] [Warbands] The Public Party Prince - Introducing the Maraura-mancer

Hit 90 with my mAURAder. Still badass as ever. I love the reactions when people see their tooltips. Most gems are still lv19.
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAGyVLrukC34ptGdlbpys1uRFQkydsCyL0L2_ZE3C77BjBxX_GSVHw1Y_6lS7Xz_k374i0DMrTvooNfOq6V8kD7jOHHb6Cxyj6PCgNH5y-QYf56Ni9_gq3PkrIbqq18jWSzzJZbV-YPyf7CRmKwzqbtV-wykpvnoMJRnGExTboWK-pbsAaeA2DticLhtHvTmFShmCnCOvuHNy4k48aj0b60h0U42oWbzbpJKr3wRpsjHa3MWaekFUaOFnzcg8ksBcvgKRV1mTnnDKlxE5tWAc5Uhhqm6F85Xgvw21ca4RI99ehL0mxbzsaj_baBx7-SR2q4Yg=

Edit: Tree should work now.

https://poe.mikelat.com/#gtftVfKd/ogYif0Ef/tjp7esc/H8L7h/So4c

Here is what my reserves look like now. (I am not benefiting from PoI but the scariest thing late game about cold is the frost nova chests)

If you have the gear for low life hp pool, this is more effective late game. Your build probally has alot more survivability but with curses integrated, you can make your role alot more effective. Until the chill + Temp chains nerf uber dominus could cast maybe 3 spells before his final phase. Now it's a bit more difficult since chill + temp chains no longer stacks additively.

I assumed you're running conquerors efficiency and conq potency.

As good as prism gaurdian is ( I used it for awhile) dying breath still makes you around 30% more effective.

(Enfeeble much better then ele weakness in large groups)

Once I get enough chaos resist I can have tri purity +9 max resist all, all damage auras + discipline.
Draw back is u have about 1k life left (5k es as well) with 75% chaos resistance effective as 4k hp with 0% chaos resist. The Chaos resist + life + es requirement is difficult to come by but I would reccomend to anyone who wants to try end game bosses as a group this build.

105% global incr aura effect without calculating generosity.

-but like i said your build has more survivabilty early game.
-would also recommend using rejuvination totem currently gives me 340 flat regen :D
Last edited by Haducan on Sep 2, 2015, 6:27:22 PM
"
Haducan wrote:

Can u link your gear? I'm interested in trying auramancer build, and Dying Breath seems like a great idea, but I'm not sure how cheap/expensive your gear is and if I have enough currency to afford that. I'm kinda torn in between your build and MF version of zaygone's build.
-Not Chaos resist capped so taking the x3 chaos resist nodes on the way to method of maddness
-Also taking +dexterity Nodes on tree for stat req
-Magic Find is entirely possible, I wouldn't go for Champion of the cause at the bottom of the tree though.

-Yes I need to switch to leap slam, colours on gear is a pain in the ass to get with these base items.
-I normally use Inc duration of this 4L but I'd rather have a better chance of living with 3 end charges on standby.
-When I get a decent socket ring, I will be switching one of these out to have Inc duration on 4L.
Note: With 1 vaal haste I usually have little issues keeping it up 100% of the time, but x2 does have a large benefit for bosses.

-Would Reccomend Doedres damning over windscream (get more es/run speed)

-Only using Energy From within for the Max Es gain, don't put life in radius.
I would be using Anatomical knowledge in my 4th jewel socket, haven't acquired one yet :(

By all means go MF, keeping yourself alive becomes grinding teeth as you try and itemize keeping
aura and MF benefits. You can get some of both, but in the groups we run we usually get a MF that sticks around.
-When another aura chars enters group (usually have to explain we have one already)
-When another MF char enters group are u going to kick em or maximize potential.
-Get everything to the MAX IRR and IIQ!@ You already do alot to benefit the group, let another member maximize the potential out of MF.
-Btw clear speed is technically another way to maximize drop rates and with auras you're helping just that!@
.....this build i listed also leads into mortal conviction to allow you to run grace at the same cost...however instead of raiding other threads I'll create an additional thread and delete some of these posts. This is a similar but different build (max auras). The original build does offer power/end/frenz charges.
Last edited by Haducan on Sep 3, 2015, 3:55:56 PM
I have a defensive variant of your build.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABS0M9w48FCAUcRZvFy8YkRmKGjgajx2qIWAkqiSwJbwnCymlKk0shS9vNZI26DbpOlI9_D8nQKBGcUlRSshRTFXWWGNYr1nzWhpb9F4TXz9fsGFSZOdmnm6qbztvnnC7cg9yqXTxdqx4DXloeu97131bf8aApIMJg7aExYZghtGMz4_6kFWTJ5u1oS-pbqmVrEesqqyvtAy18rvtvJ--isAawL_BBMHFwzrG2MpKytPPfti92RPbT9-_4MPhiONq6hjsGO8O707w1fZI9tr3Mvjr-tL7Cf5J?accountName=Paulinir&characterName=Chained_and_shielded
I am using mortal conviction and IR, swapping out the damage auras for grace, determination and vitality. I am using daresso's courage, lori's lantern, the anvil and blood dance. with chaos resist sai, gloves and belt I clock in at 34k armor, 56% block, 67% spellblock, 65% chaos resist. My unreserved life is 1.3k and I can tank the jungle valley boss. Vaal grace is silly on aura builds while we are on the topic of underused defenses. Ever wanted to have 60% (spell) dodge? Everybody can have it now. And I am not sold on the generosity puritys. Feel like I can use the resistances for being alive longer. And the resistances I can skip go towards chaos resits, life and block. And you can put the dying breath and leercast on a guardian for maximum silly. I have 10 buffs on my that have no timer. tempest shield and rally cry are pretty permanent as well. Molten shell does only last 1 hit on the other hand :(
Currently working on a shackles of the wretched variant for permanent vaal auras. Slightly worried because my gloves have 30% chaos resist and could have 2% block but permanent vaal discipline would be cute for non chaos damage, and haste and grace might be fun in general. Still leveling my enlighten and hoping I might actually fit in non vaal discipline as well for absolute invulnerability to non chaos damage.
On one hand I am sad that there are no red vaal auras on the other hand I have not enough red sockets as is :D
Back in my day you would get kicked for putting elemental damage on people in ele reflect maps :p
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.
Hey, I have been using this build for a little bit (only lvl 75 and running 76/77 maps xD), and when it comes to the really high maps, life/mana has become a glaring issue. Jewels really help with this. I was thinking something like % evasion, % life, and % reduced mana cost of skills. That way you get WAY more life, mana, and helps with the evasion. Alternatively you could go % armour, though that is kinda bad. Perfect roll you get 7% life, 18% evasion, and 5% reduced mana cost of skills.

You also don't really need jewels for stats, as you can use the extra space from not needing res on jewelry/equip to fill in the int and dex.

Excellent build otherwise though, I love it, my party loves it, and RNGesus loves it.
@OP:
I didn't find anyone mentioning this, but you can place 2 vaal haste, grace and increased duration in alpha's howl for better effectiveness, leaving room for whatever else you want in gloves.
Been using this in 1-month softcore and having a good time. I use rejuv totem though.

Considering dropping one of the Vaal hastes for a Vaal grace.

Once you get your gear and a decent health pool it becomes a ton of fun, and yeah, reactions from your party is great. I wish I could carry this over to the next 1month league.
"
zaygone wrote:
First of all, this build is NOT for everyone. To enjoy this build, there are a few things you must ask yourself:
Do you enjoy effectiveness, even if you aren't the one actively doing the damage?
Do you enjoy supporting others?
Are you ready to lose a 1v1 versus white mobs, and as a result not fight alone at all?

Any updates for this for 2.1? I plan on running this again for new 3-month :).
"
Zaximus704 wrote:
"
zaygone wrote:
First of all, this build is NOT for everyone. To enjoy this build, there are a few things you must ask yourself:
Do you enjoy effectiveness, even if you aren't the one actively doing the damage?
Do you enjoy supporting others?
Are you ready to lose a 1v1 versus white mobs, and as a result not fight alone at all?

Any updates for this for 2.1? I plan on running this again for new 3-month :).

Been toying with lowlife and such now with the new blasphemy. I'm honestly not impressed.
Not really any changes for 2.1
I would, and likely will, run the exact same thing. With a good dps (or a good group), things die so quickly, that a little knowledge of placement(usually just staying behind people) makes it so you never even take damage. I've done most content without any issues what so ever.

Good luck! It's a ton of fun ;)
That said, I'll try to have it updated for the next expansion!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info