Increased Area of Effect

This does, it was said a bit earlier in here that this does improve the radius of the proliferation.
For ground slam, does this increase the range of the cone, the width, or both? It seems like it would be more useful for a narrow-cone skill like ground slam to gain width rather than range, if it doesn't already, since it has trouble hitting stuff in front of it. Or maybe AoE cone width could be a separate support gem? Either way, I'd definitely use such a gem if I could!
It is simply scaled as the effect is just part of a circle. Therefore both the width and range will be scaled equally.

As for aoe width there's very few skills it could affect and it would be generally useless compared to increased aoe.
Last edited by Umbraal on May 4, 2012, 4:27:36 PM
Am I correct to assume this would also effect cleaves radius as well, meaning it should hit mobs both further away and in a wider arc?
Does it affect the blast radius of molten shell? I can't quite tell looking at it.

And what about range of melee attacks, such as sweep, cleave, etc?
not enough time for gaming!
Last edited by zinger on Sep 5, 2012, 8:04:03 AM
"
zinger wrote:
Does it affect the blast radius of molten shell? I can't quite tell looking at it.

And what about range of melee attacks, such as sweep, cleave, etc?
yes, the aoe is just small starting off so won't see much change.
"
Shodal wrote:
Am I correct to assume this would also effect cleaves radius as well, meaning it should hit mobs both further away and in a wider arc?
It does effect cleave, but as the gem says, it only affects the radius - this means it will hit things farther away, but the radius has no effect on the arc, which is always 90 degrees.
When linked with Rejuvenation Totem this support doesn't appear to increase the area of effect (in the tooltip). It stays at 100 for me whether the support is linked or not.
"
clearleaf wrote:
When linked with Rejuvenation Totem this support doesn't appear to increase the area of effect (in the tooltip). It stays at 100 for me whether the support is linked or not.
because totem range and AoE radius are different things. however, increased AoE not working on the totem's aura size sounds like a bug, i'm pretty sure in game working just fine though. try casting one and see how close you have to get then cast another in same spot with this support gem and take a few steps back. if still on for just a tiny bit further then it is working just fine.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
clearleaf wrote:
because totem range and AoE radius are different things. however, increased AoE not working on the totem's aura size sounds like a bug, i'm pretty sure in game working just fine though. try casting one and see how close you have to get then cast another in same spot with this support gem and take a few steps back. if still on for just a tiny bit further then it is working just fine.

Does this mean it won't work with auras either?
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info