[2.0] Lvl 93 Tempest [HC] Templar - Shock Nova/Call of the Brotherhood

"
Any idea what could be improved? My gems are not yet any level, it promises :)

Nice gear Vick! I wish I had a 6 link Carcass Jack. I looked at your gems/gear, they are set up perfect. How is the build working for you so far? Any problems or difficulties? Do you play solo or in a group?
First of all, I rolled a character using your guide precisely and it works amazingly. It has super fast clearing speed and is really easy to gear.

However, I am running into one small problem, and I didnt see it addressed in your guide. Mana. When clearing packs I am ok (I am using ele weakness and assassin's mark for now), but for single target (boss/rares) I run out of mana frequently. I use rallying cry to get some mana regen but it's not enough, I run out of mana after a few casts and have to run in circles till I have enough again. Any suggestions?
Last edited by aCheapIndian on Aug 9, 2015, 8:32:59 PM
"
First of all, I rolled a character using your guide precisely and it works amazingly. It has super fast clearing speed and is really easy to gear.

However, I am running into one small problem, and I didnt see it addressed in your guide. Mana. When clearing packs I am ok (I am using ele weakness and assassin's mark for now), but for single target (boss/rares) I run out of mana frequently. I use rallying cry to get some mana regen but it's not enough, I run out of mana after a few casts and have to run in circles till I have enough again. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your feedback aCheapIndian.

Mana regen has been an issue for me as well. Even with rallying cry giving mana regen, it's still an issue on long boss fights like you mentioned. This is where the totem shines because it will put out constant damage even if you are struggling a bit in mana. I'm still working out on how to solve this, but here are some tips:

1) Try to get a Neck Piece and another Ring that each have 50%+ mana regen on them. This will double your mana regen. Weapons can also have mana regen.
2) You can run a low level Clarity to help a bit with mana regen. If you run a Clarity you will have to sacrifice a skill gem somewhere but it might be worth it for the quality of life it offers. Remember that Clarity scales with Increased Mana Regen from your gear - so even a low level Clarity can become very powerful with enough Mana Regen gear/passives.
3) Invest some skill points into mana regen passives on the tree such as Deep Thoughts near the Witch starting area. There is also a 20% mana regen at the very beginning of the Templar tree (+14 Life and 20% Mana Regen). I don't recommend this as a permanent solution because you need those points other places, but it could be a short term remedy until you get some strong mana regen pieces.
4) When doing minus regen maps mods, Assassin's Mark is excellent for keeping you topped off. Use Assassin's Mark/temp chains in this setup

Hope this helps. I'll add a mana regen section to the guide. Thanks for pointing this out.
Last edited by SleepThieff on Aug 9, 2015, 10:58:56 PM
I will try using a low level clarity and getting some mana regen on gear.

I was also thinking that maybe a EB ZO combo might work out. There is already some health regen on the tree that we pick up and there are also a few modes on the way that can be picked up.
"
aCheapIndian wrote:
I will try using a low level clarity and getting some mana regen on gear.

I was also thinking that maybe a EB ZO combo might work out. There is already some health regen on the tree that we pick up and there are also a few modes on the way that can be picked up.

This is definitely an option, but I would use enduring cry and vaal discipline then. It pretty much give you all the regen you need. Another advantage is, that you can run the anti-regen maps more easily, because you energy shield will regen after a time no matter what.

But ofc. this playstyle will need some adjustment, either to your gear (ES pieces), or to the tree. You need at least 10% reduced mana reserved to run another 35% aura, e.g. discipline.

If you are playing on mana one could also consider the +flat mana regen jewel and good rolled Elreon rings. Or what about warlords mark vs. single target, maybe the mana leech is enough to sustain you.

I will test all this if I get to the appropriated level. Atm only running a 3L because it’s still fine at lvl 56 and I even only use a +1 Wand atm.

Another solution: Run with someone who has very good single target dps! :-)

Cheers!
Last edited by Mithradas on Aug 10, 2015, 2:04:10 AM
on long boss fights you might want to try vaal clarity
Given Shock Nova means being surrounded by mobs and given this is a HC build, I'm curious as to how you've survived without a Cast When Damage Taken setup?
This build looks really really good, but I have to ask how did you RIP.

Is there any way that you can make a low level talents to be growing with? Something like "1-21 Tree"
Cranibal:
"
Given Shock Nova means being surrounded by mobs and given this is a HC build, I'm curious as to how you've survived without a Cast When Damage Taken setup?

You could easily replace one of the link setups with a CWDT setup if that is more of your play style. Like I explained in the video, always pre-cursing enfeeble is a key factor in not getting bursted. Also, positioning is extremely important. If you pre-curse correctly and position well, there is very little reason to need a CWDT setup. Positioning is key.

c00L_Dabu:
"
This build looks really really good, but I have to ask how did you RIP.

Is there any way that you can make a low level talents to be growing with? Something like "1-21 Tree"

I RIP'd at level 94 in a level 77 Bazaar Map. I actually didn't die to the map mods. There was a Tora which I activated (bad choice). There was no "den" so the mobs spawned directly in the Bazaar Map. She spawned the orange unique monkey that creates Vaal Molten Shell Totems. I didn't realize he was there until it was too late b/c all the stuff on the screen, and a totem was placed on top of me. I was in the middle of casting and my casting triggered the totem, which exploded and I died near instantly. CWDT wouldn't have saved me either b/c Immortal Call doesn't prevent elemental damage.

I'll make a 1-20 Tree and add it to the guide.
Last edited by SleepThieff on Aug 12, 2015, 10:08:04 PM
Oh lol, now I understand why di you create a new character called BetrayedByTora hahaha

Will you create a new Tempest character? It will be the same as the last one?

EDIT: How's your DPS in party? Is it low, normal or high?
Last edited by c00L_Dabu on Aug 13, 2015, 5:39:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info