Added Chaos Damage

Added Chaos/Light/Cold applies to all Hits made by the linked skill. The explosions also cause Hits; they (can) deal Damage after all.

Related: Damage over Time is not Damage, and does not Hit.
someone else feels like this gem should BE DOT?? in all rpg and related games poison cause damage over time...and I thought added chaos damage would be like a cloud like poison arrow...I think devs should reduce damage and make it DOT...

I don't know, it's just my personal opinion
sorry for bad english :S
Last edited by Behrial on Oct 5, 2013, 8:11:03 PM
Poison is Chaos Damage. Not all Chaos damage is poison.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

even if chaos is or not poison, all chaos damage skill gems does damage over time (blood rage, Viper strike, Poison arrow) so why added chaos damage cant be DOT??

anyway added chaos damage was disappoiting...

thanks
sorry for bad english :S
Last edited by Behrial on Oct 6, 2013, 1:46:11 AM
A cool idea for people who might be curious, if you link frost nova with added chaos damage and concentrated effect, you can get some pretty nice chaos damage, around 500 or so. The concentrated effect adds a lot onto the added chaos damage.
IGN- FrOArrow
"
FearTHeFrO wrote:
A cool idea for people who might be curious, if you link frost nova with added chaos damage and concentrated effect, you can get some pretty nice chaos damage, around 500 or so. The concentrated effect adds a lot onto the added chaos damage.

Added chaos damage + ice nova is great combo for leveling. Puts down packs of mobs easily.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Behrial wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

even if chaos is or not poison, all chaos damage skill gems does damage over time (blood rage, Viper strike, Poison arrow) so why added chaos damage cant be DOT??

anyway added chaos damage was disappoiting...

thanks
Because there are two options...

+Flat damage on tick results in broken amounts of damage dealt

+Total DoT means you won't notice the gem.

The +% Chaos damage form quality however should apply to DoT just fine.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
The +% Chaos damage form quality however should apply to DoT just fine.

Nope. Increased Damage doesn't apply to Damage over Time. Same with Increased Fire Damage and Fire DoTs :)
The change to this behaviour is slated for 1.0.2.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 1, 2013, 8:50:46 AM
Least they're fixing it.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Does Addeded X Damage supports work with DOTs?
IGN: Karamellaskolbasz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info