Added Chaos Damage

hi, i have a question about this gem, i linked this gem with fire trap gem, every second damage deal chaos damage , or only when explodes, thx.
"
nexriot wrote:
hi, i have a question about this gem, i linked this gem with fire trap gem, every second damage deal chaos damage , or only when explodes, thx.

I'm pretty sure it applies only to the explosion. Would be overkill if it applied to the DOT
I'm not sure if this is the place to put it, but I feel like this gem deals a bit too much peak damage, at least compared to added lightning damage.

at all level requirements added chaos damage out peaks the added lightning damage gem.

LvL | Chaos | Lightning

31 | 16-25 | 1-21
41 | 26-39 | 2-34
51 | 40-60 | 3-52

Lightning damage should always have the highest peak damage, to make up for the fact that it has such terribly low valley damage.

but on top of this, the fact that chaos damage is basically the "god" damage. ignores armor/elemental resists. (because its neither physical nor an element)

so my problem is basically 2-fold. chaos is out-peaking lightning AND is also the most effective/reliable damage type.

I'm not necessarily saying I think the gem should be nerf'd, I'd just like to see the lightning peak higher than chaos is all =)
Hi, I think the Gem is pretty cool.
One question does the gem profit from increased critical strike chance for spells and increased critical strike multipler for spells? ( Iam using it on freezing pulse)
"
SirRabbit wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the place to put it, but I feel like this gem deals a bit too much peak damage, at least compared to added lightning damage.

at all level requirements added chaos damage out peaks the added lightning damage gem.

LvL | Chaos | Lightning

31 | 16-25 | 1-21
41 | 26-39 | 2-34
51 | 40-60 | 3-52

Lightning damage should always have the highest peak damage, to make up for the fact that it has such terribly low valley damage.

but on top of this, the fact that chaos damage is basically the "god" damage. ignores armor/elemental resists. (because its neither physical nor an element)

so my problem is basically 2-fold. chaos is out-peaking lightning AND is also the most effective/reliable damage type.

I'm not necessarily saying I think the gem should be nerf'd, I'd just like to see the lightning peak higher than chaos is all =)

You neglect the fact that Chaos has no status ailment at all, which is why they give it the high damage. Added Lightning Damage, if you use it correctly, allows you to Shock enemies which amplifies damage by 40% for each Shock stack, and it can stack 3 times for a total of 120% extra damage. When you factor this in, Added Lightning Damage far outclasses Added Chaos Damage.
"

You neglect the fact that Chaos has no status ailment at all, which is why they give it the high damage. Added Lightning Damage, if you use it correctly, allows you to Shock enemies which amplifies damage by 40% for each Shock stack, and it can stack 3 times for a total of 120% extra damage. When you factor this in, Added Lightning Damage far outclasses Added Chaos Damage.

yeah, I forgot to take +elemental damage into consideration, since that would boost the damage Add light would grant by quite a bit without affecting the add chaos.
The bonus chaos has is that it effects a monster's HP rather than ES. Like normal Chaos Damage.
added chaos damage does not interact with Elemental Equilibrium, correct?

(sorry if mentioned earlier, gonna look through the thread and edit if it has been)

thinking this answers my question,

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Is chaos damage buffed by elemental damage passives?
No. Fire, Cold and Lightning are the elemental damage types. Physical and Chaos are not elements.

please let me know if it really inst answering my question.

Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Mar 22, 2013, 2:52:33 PM
No relation between chaos damage and elemental equilibrium

Does this work with conversion trap?
Does the added increased chaos % increase from quality work with darkscorn unique bow using split arrow?
PM me here is best way to contact me.
Last edited by ArchersBane on Mar 27, 2013, 9:19:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info