General Support Discussion

Dear,GGG
Several days ago I brought white skin for cyclone skill and I like it so much. I use it with my crit dps dagger, but I find one common problem in the game diversity - psychical reflect. I don't mind about this affix. but As melee I can't use it - because of insane crit. reflect damage burst. Only way to survive it - is using semi-melee Lighting strike and no other option.
Could you create dex. or str. support gem that convert more than 70% of your physical damage to any other damage - chaos for example and life leach must be applied on that damage also...
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450
"
Call me crazy, but today I dreamed of a support gem called Elemental Totem Blast that exploded when the HP went to 0 in a big bang, dealing nice damage causing freeze, shock or burning. (I just had to write it down)

Call it "Totem Instability". :)

Spell totems deal lightning dmg, ranged attack totems deal cold dmg, and other (non support-gem) totems deal fire dmg.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Sep 19, 2013, 6:16:33 PM
I was wondering if support gems mana cost increase could be removed from skill gems they do not effect such as concentrated effect and auras
Conc does affect Auras though. It applies both the reduced AoE and More Damage to the Auras. It's a valid link, so all modifiers apply. Whether this is of any use isn't relevant.
Concentrated Effect increases the Area Damage caused by linked skills and since auras do not cause damage concentrated effect only increases mana cost and reduces their area of effect
but that was not the point i was making i was only suggesting to remove mana cost multipliers from uneffected skill gems i just picked a bad example
Is there any chance someone at GGG will someday go back and link these gems (one w/ quality and one without) in the first post of each thread?

It's no fun going through each page one at a time to find an example gem I can mouseover.

Most questions I have are answered by reading the tooltips closely.. but that is sometimes more inconvenient to find than just posting a question somewhere.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Found a 7Q Slower Projectiles Gem. Maan. WTF. It's actualy WEAKER than a Faster Projectiles gem with no quality! Maybe I don't understand something? Please explain.
It is great with ST^^.

+It is and actual support-gem usable with physical damage skills, but without crit, before the options were kinda limited. Also the damage does scale up while leveling, which it doesn't for Faster projectiles.

I'm more wondering about reduced duration. It might be useful with skills like explosive arrow to make the charges detonate faster, but it is a support of even more limited use.
Hy guys... just got back from a 2 months vacantion and while I was away I see a LOT of new stuff around .... but there are some things I don't quite understand how they work....

I'm hoping someone can give me an explanation to my understanting ...

1) Cast when Damage Taken Trigger/Support Gem How does this work ? .... it said Support, Spell ... that means I can only put it on a Spell SKill Gem ?! .... so if I take Spark as an example ... each time I get damaged by the required amount .... sparks will start coming out of me ?! ..... so I can add this support gem to any kind of Spell Skill Gems ? ....
Decoy Totem - I decoy totem will pe spaw....
Phase Run - got run boots to run away....
Summon Skeletons - bags of bones start to run like rabbits ?! ....

2) Cast on Critical Strike Trigger/Support Gem It also say Support, Spell ..... so this only aplies to Spell Skill Gems ?! ..... but .... how ?1 .....it only apllies to Spell Skill Gems ?1 ..... it won't work on Phisical Skill Gems like melee hits or ranged attacks ?!
I was interested if it's possible to do some Split Arrow Archer that can proc some Ice Novas or something like that....

I'm still confused about how these new skill gems works .... and I wish to clarify this now before I rise up a new char and end up with a bad build plan .....

Regards, Infinity !!!
Long Live the Templars !!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info