[3.3 - 3.2] BLASTOISE - 2H CYCLONE - JUGG - HC/SC - ONE OF US

Hey, I'm playing your setup on PHC at the moment. Playing as Berserker, as suggested, which I'm liking so far.

Question for those that have used or are using Juggernaut ascendancy: Does running unstoppable keystone remove the 30% less movement impairment from using Cyclone?

Also wondering what kind of paths you went for Juggernaut, all of them look good for Cyclone other than undeniable.

One other question:
I am not using Kaom's chest at the moment and have some extra gem slots. I think I will try Vengeance and manual Immortal Call as suggested by some of the other posts. This way I can also safely run Elemental Weakness maps with the resistances on my chest piece. My only worry is not having enough hp late game. Do you think Kaom's Heart is essential for this build to run Atziri (on HC)?
"
Golin11 wrote:
See my gear:

Spoiler

Ok let see...

1.First of all of your items has low value of hp. My armor value has never been impressive but I always had a lot of hp.

2.You need to have flask with good mods, like instant recover, remove bleeding, remove freeze and ofc 20% quality on all flasks. Trust me this can help you alot.

3.If you have a lot of problems with physical dmg some players prefer to play with Lightning Coil Desert Brigandine. This body armour gives 30% of Physical Damage taken as Lightning Damage.

"
Yorkerk wrote:
Hey, I'm playing your setup on PHC at the moment. Playing as Berserker, as suggested, which I'm liking so far.

Question for those that have used or are using Juggernaut ascendancy: Does running unstoppable keystone remove the 30% less movement impairment from using Cyclone?

Also wondering what kind of paths you went for Juggernaut, all of them look good for Cyclone other than undeniable.

One other question:
I am not using Kaom's chest at the moment and have some extra gem slots. I think I will try Vengeance and manual Immortal Call as suggested by some of the other posts. This way I can also safely run Elemental Weakness maps with the resistances on my chest piece. My only worry is not having enough hp late game. Do you think Kaom's Heart is essential for this build to run Atziri (on HC)?

Kaom's Heart isn't necessary to kill Atziri. you can play with Lightning Coil Desert Brigandine or other rare body armour with high amount of hp and armour. I guess that you need at least 6k hp.

When i was testing Juggernaut it wasn't bad but i prefer dmg boost from Berserker. On Juggernaut i took this notes:
Would Lightning coil help with phys reflect?
I'd love to do the challenges where you clear unIDed maps and if I get phys reflect, which I often do because why should I get lucky right, it goes really slow.
If not, any other tips to dealing with reflect?
Last edited by Chridian on Mar 23, 2016, 8:24:59 AM
"
Chridian wrote:
Would Lightning coil help with phys reflect?
I'd love to do the challenges where you clear unIDed maps and if I get phys reflect, which I often do because why should I get lucky right, it goes really slow.
If not, any other tips to dealing with reflect?

Lightning coil can help but the best tip to dealing with reflect is is to take off the Melee Physical Damage support gem.
6-link for maps with phys reflect:

Last edited by Mikserdokota on Mar 23, 2016, 11:38:12 AM
Okay gotcha, I'll uhm, hope I can 6L soonish then :P
You could drop blasphemy and make it a low lvl cast when damage taken -> warlord's mark. It proccs instantly when you enter a pack anyway. You don't have to take aura passives in the tree this way = more life/something else somewhere else.

Also are you sure that weapon elemental damage is the way to go? Conc. effect gives more damage. I don't really notice the reduced aoe.

I would like to know what you think if you try it out this way.

I don't have the resists for it atm, but I would like to try windscream boots to be able to curse with vulnerability aswell as warlord's mark. Yes it would be a low level vulnerability but even at level 1 it will allow you to do 20% more damage on monsters. Vulnerability is not comparable to a 20% damage node, it is not additive, it is multiplicative which means that this curse lets you dish out 20% of your tooltip dps as pure damage. So you can multiply your tooltip dps by 1.2 and get the figure. For example if your tooltip damage is 35k, your damage to a mob cursed with lvl 1 vulnerability is in fact 42k. If your damage is 100k then the damage is 120k. And so on...
Last edited by har101 on Mar 31, 2016, 7:04:01 PM
"
har101 wrote:
You could drop blasphemy and make it a low lvl cast when damage taken -> warlord's mark. It proccs instantly when you enter a pack anyway. You don't have to take aura passives in the tree this way = more life/something else somewhere else.

Also are you sure that weapon elemental damage is the way to go? Conc. effect gives more damage. I don't really notice the reduced aoe.

I don't have the resists for it atm, but I would like to try windscream boots to be able to curse with vulnerability aswell as warlord's mark. Yes it would be a low level vulnerability but even at level 1 it will allow you to do 20% more damage on monsters. Vulnerability is not comparable to a 20% damage node, it is not additive, it is multiplicative which means that this curse lets you dish out 20% of your tooltip dps as pure damage. So you can multiply your tooltip dps by 1.2 and get the figure. For example if your tooltip damage is 35k, your damage to a mob cursed with lvl 1 vulnerability is in fact 42k. If your damage is 100k then the damage is 120k. And so on...

I can agree with what you wrote about cast when damage taken and warlord's mark, maybe you're right.
It's true that "Conc. effect gives more damage", but personally I feel a big difference about the reduced aoe.
"
Mikserdokota wrote:
"
har101 wrote:

I can agree with what you wrote about cast when damage taken and warlord's mark, maybe you're right.
It's true that "Conc. effect gives more damage", but personally I feel a big difference about the reduced aoe.

Relating to the dual curses idea:
Windscream got 10% Movementspeed, so I think thats no viable option for me. Doedres Damning lacks life. A friend told me the way to go would be using an "+1 additional curses" implicit mod on a rare amulet, use 2x lvl 3 Enlighten linked with Warlords Mark + Vulnerability and Hatred. Get 12% reduced Mana reserved in the tree. Run Hatred, Warlords Mark and Vulnerability.

Before I went for the fortify-gem I used Increased Area of effect for better clearspeed. Changed it at Bosses to Concentrated Effect. I personally think 25% reduced AE would be very inhibiting while clearing maps if used permanently.
Here´s my gear:
Spoiler

I went through considerable changes in my tree till I found out a way of surviving higher maps. Vaal Pact in my opinion is crucial for survivability. Lost the life reg and 1 wheel of damage nodes for instant leech, which makes me able to facetank a lot more bosses. Highly recommended!
Here´s my Build:
Comments welcome, cheers!
Ingame-PM: Hinnne
Just a quick question regarding the passive tree - wouldn't it be viable to opt out from 2 life nodes ( one with 4% life and 8% armor, other 5% life ), lose 9% in the process but get a jewel slot right after Devotion and Endurance cluster, along int nodes?
You could squish in a yellow 7% life gem ( so the total loss is only 2% in a big pool ) BUT get a ton of additional goody-goodies you choose to have on a jewel?

Also, have you tried Uber at all with this build?

And also give your build looks so tempting, how would you rate this build against other viable Marauder builds? Able to run T14-15 maps and have fast clear speed elsewhere? ( Don't compare to any gimmicky half-glass builds which instagib with millions of dps )

Given the build isn't exactly cheap, how fun is it to level and run maps overall?

Edit: How are the reflect maps? Easy to deal with or need alteration in gems/equipment?
How much of an improvement is there to do?

Thanks for the guide btw! Will most likely get following this weekend! (:
Last edited by KrazyFruit on Apr 7, 2016, 8:28:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info