Warlord's Mark

Is Warlords Mark broken?
I was just testing it out on single mobs at a time, and when I hit them with Warlords mark on them my mana actually goes -down- each time I hit them
If I cast warlords mark on a blank area (to use exactly the same amount of mana) and attack another mob (same type) my mana reaches capacity from normal regen faster than when hitting the mob with Warlords Mark on them...
I thought it was meant to give me 1% mana leech, or did I read it wrong and it actually costs 1% mana each time you hit them in exchange for life leech?
I gain more Mana back when punching Cursed monsters compared to hitting non-Cursed monsters. It's working fine.
Yes it seems you're right, I played around with a larger variety of mobs and it seems just some of them it doesn't work
Perhaps they have the passive 'enemies can't leech mana' like we can get
It was just very odd watching my mana tick down 1 each time I hit them when I put warlords mark on them, and regenerate normally after it wore off
The one I found to consistantly do that when was testing hitting them with/without the mark was 'Oak', one of the bandit lords in act2 (yes i'm aware he sometimes casts mark on you too, or at least some of his minions might)
Last edited by barfinup on Mar 25, 2013, 1:21:19 PM
In my experience when I use this skill I randomly take large amounts of damage. I am playing a mara and doing just fine. I tank groups of skeletons as an example and have no issue with 3-5 hitting me at the same time. I cast warlords mark on the last 2 and got one shot. this has happened many times. I have only died in the last 8 levels to mobs i cast WM on. i dont get it.

I have 75/58/75 base ele resists, 36% armor reduction and 6 endurance stacks all the time. I have just stopped using WM.
What about the damage effectivness penalty listed Here. Is it true or the wiki is not correct?
"
Yesu wrote:
What about the damage effectivness penalty listed Here. Is it true or the wiki is not correct?
that is a wiki error, additionally, a curse cannot have damage effectiveness and makes no sense for it to have one/any, except punishment but thats just silly.
Curses in general don't seem to have much downside. Not a suggestion as much as an observation. In fact they're so powerful players are limited to a max of 1, typically. At the moment they're used as build compensation rather than a significant build choice.

Maybe it would be more interesting if they were more powerful but required some build consideration, like the upcoming 1.0.0 auras?
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
I think Warlords Mark is currently a little underwhelming compared to the other defensive curses. Life Leach can be easily capped with items and a descent dps weapon/build. I have found it is just alot more beneficial to cast enfeeble or temporal chains to reduce the incoming damage, instead of taking spike damage and then regening it back.

I feel like the 20% to receive full flask charges on kill and 20% to get an endurance charge on kill should be changed to either on hit or on crit or when the monster hits you (or anything that does not require you to kill the monster). The two on kill affects have little use when you are fighting big bosses (with little number of additional monsters), while other curses maintain their effectiveness.

The above reasons is why no one really uses this skill and use enfeeble/temporal instead.

I hope GGG looks into this and maybe buffs it accordingly.
OUR TIME HAS COME.
Has anyone else noticed Warlord's Mark leeching with spells?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info