Viper Strike

The wiki got changed, but it is still a bit weird from 17 to 18, now this is like :

o lvl 15 -> 16 : increase of 46.7
o lvl 16 -> 17 : increase of 56.5
o lvl 17 -> 18 : increase of 68.4
o lvl 18 -> 19 : increase of 60.6
o lvl 19 -> 20 : increase of 60.6

So, having a +3level to this gem at max level would approximatively increase the dmg by 182 I guess with such values.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I wonder how Viper Strike will work with the new melee supports. Say, would triple strike apply viper strike 3 times? And would the splash support cause the dot to splash? The latter would be pretty absurd, albeit fun. That would actually make sword and board a bit more viable.

*edit:

I've been running through the entirety of the 1 week race with item rarity and item quantity linked to viper strike and have had great results. Really nice perk for this ability to use those in addition to either faster attacks or increased duration for +30% quantity and 50% rarity at no cost to offense or defense at all.
IGN: Calico_
Last edited by Mirage447 on Mar 27, 2013, 4:17:21 PM
"
Farvel wrote:
Hey,

is viper strike working with 2x1h handers ?

I mean is it using both weapons to stack damage?

Is it worth it to use this spell in a 2x 1hand situation or a 1h+shield is better?

Thanks for informations.

I also want to know about this...

/T
IGN: Azatooth or Xploding
"
thrilled wrote:
"
Farvel wrote:
Hey,
is viper strike working with 2x1h handers ?
I mean is it using both weapons to stack damage?
Is it worth it to use this spell in a 2x 1hand situation or a 1h+shield is better?
Thanks for informations.

I also want to know about this...
/T

Most melee skills that are used with 2 melee weapons alternate between those weapons each swing. You also get innate 10% more attack speed while dual wielding. Using 2 melee weapons won't increase your DoT DPS, but will increase your overall DPS(thanks to extra attack speed;assuming both weapons have similar DPS values) a bit, and will allow to stack viper charges faster, but it's not high advantage and generally sword & board is better than dual wielding(unless you're using dual strike/cleave).
Last edited by Scol91 on Mar 31, 2013, 11:05:37 AM
Please allow this skill to scale with weapon damage same for poison arrow. I like this ability a lot, but not enough to use it as a main ability in maps.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Why would you want to remove the one aspect of a skill that sets it apart.
is added chaos dmg quality working on dot?
ign = ultrahiangle
"
Mirage447 wrote:
I wonder how Viper Strike will work with the new melee supports. Say, would triple strike apply viper strike 3 times? And would the splash support cause the dot to splash? The latter would be pretty absurd, albeit fun. That would actually make sword and board a bit more viable.

It would be really awesome if the splash made it apply to other monsters, but I'm kind of doubting it will work that way. I don't think it would be overpowered or anything though.

It should at least work with the triple strike though. That would be pretty cool.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Apr 2, 2013, 5:43:15 PM
In the patch notes: "Viper Strike: Intentionally does not work with Melee Splash at the moment."

Since they addressed that, I'm assuming that means that multistrike will work with it.

Edit: "Multistrike is currently a world drop support gem."

Damn it. That's going to be expensive as hell for a while.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Apr 5, 2013, 9:52:17 AM
Yeah, I've made a Viper Striker to see how the Multistrike gem would work out there, and it being drop-only killed my hopes of being able to use it on short notice. I wonder if it's going to be the new Chain or not :P
(it probably won't link to Leap Slam, sadly :P )
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 5, 2013, 10:07:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info