Split Arrow

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2020, 11:20:43 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
From previous thread:
"
taekvideo wrote:
You can control the arc yourself. If you fire with your mouse towards the outer edge of the screen it will shoot with all the arrows close together, with a much more narrow arc. If you fire with your mouse close to your character they will be much more spread out.
Yes we probably need a way to communicate this in-game.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 4, 2011, 8:19:22 PM
For what it's worth, Multi-shot in D2 worked the same way, and I think everyone just kind of figured it out.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
It was easier to figure out in D2 because there was more real estate to work with on the screen and more arrows per skill up.
Now the Split Arrow is way too cheap in terms on mana. With a 3% mana leach I can attach as many supports as I want and still see no problems constantly firing the shot. I almost don't need to use flasks as well.
Last edited by DarPhoenix on Dec 6, 2011, 9:59:40 AM
I'm a speed attack ranger and recently I increased my attack speed a lot on this skill, but for some reason the arrow animation stops before it reaches its actual max distance and fires another shot, while the hit reaches the destination, it doesn't look right.
Last edited by ShadowUltra on Dec 10, 2011, 6:13:52 AM
"
ShadowUltra wrote:
I'm a speed attack ranger and recently I increased my attack speed a lot on this skill, but for some reason the arrow animation stops before it reaches its actual max distance and fires another shot, while the hit reaches the destination, it doesn't look right.
This is a side effect of how arrows are done. The visual arrow effect can't exist beyond the duration of the attack animation. It still hits everything it would hit continuing to it's actual max range, as the visual arrow is just a client-side graphical thing, and not part of hit calculation.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 10, 2011, 6:52:48 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This is a side effect of how arrows are done. The visual arrow effect can't exist beyond the duration of the attack animation. It still hits everything it would hit continuing to it's actual max range, as the visual arrow is just a client-side graphical thing, and not part of hit calculation.

Will arrows ever become separate from the animation? It's really annoying when a lot of skills do that(I also mentioned it in Rain of arrows skill)
Last edited by ShadowUltra on Dec 10, 2011, 7:22:21 AM
The character animation on this skill should be different, the ranger should hold the bow sideways, since it doesn't make sense graphically or logically that arrows would fly sideways while holding the bow vertically and it would look better with arrow trail since right now it looks like the arrows fly out from the sides of character, cross each other and then fly forward.

Maybe even change the animation for any arrow skill that starts using multiple projectile support gem?

Sorry for double post, but this needs a separate message.
Last edited by ShadowUltra on Dec 10, 2011, 7:43:43 AM
I like this skill and it's primarily what I use on my Duelist.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info