Shield Charge

Also started a character with the intention of combining Shield Charge with Herald of Ash but I think the skill is rather bugged.

If you don't shift-click you do hit enemies around half the time, regardless of accuracy, but with the skill causing knockbacks and you having to move around a lot during combat not shift-clicking causes rather a lot of desync which really removes a lot of the fun.

You'd think shift-clicking enemies that aren't moving would fix this but the skill always seems to miss if you shift click, even when the shown particle effect is directly on top of the enemy it still does no damage, /oos shows both me and the enemy is the same position. It just doesn't do anything.

My suggestion would be to make this skill AoE. At the end of the charge you hit all enemies in a 135 degree cone in front of you, with a radius of 14, same as Reave. Meaning Cleave has a bigger radius and a bigger cone, Reave builds stacks for increased AoE and Shield Charge has movement and a damage bonus based on that.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
One thing I noticed - Shield Charge doesn't break destructible objects (crates, barrels, etc) - why?? This should be THE skill to break stuff, yet it doesn't do it, when pretty much all other attack skills do...

Also, how is average damage of Shield Charge calculated?

Is it calculated for 0 charge distance, 50% distance or 100% distance?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"

Also, how is average damage of Shield Charge calculated?

Is it calculated for 0 charge distance, 50% distance or 100% distance?
same as point blank, only much further and opposite as far as distance (further is more damage vs closer is more damage).
Some notes:

1) The end animation is not affected by anything. Not attack speed, not movement speed, not base attack time of the weapon. This strikes me as odd, but given that attack speed and movement speed affect the charge speed, I suppose this is acceptable.

2) What is exact max distance range? I found earlier in this thread a number of "65+" units. I'm interested to know if it's exactly 65 or what have you. In particular, this is relevant given the perspective of the main screen--you are able to travel farther if you click the upper part of the screen vs. when you click the lower part of the screen.

3) Please let this ability break destructible objects in the game. It's just silly that it doesn't.
@Moylin (Beyond)
my ideal shield attack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7sP23CnLU4
always enjoyed smashing mobs with shield and make them flying all over the place when i was playing titan quest
the ones here is like D2
would hope if it could be same/better then the ones in titan quest
"
Avelice wrote:
The end animation is not affected by anything. Not attack speed, not movement speed, not base attack time of the weapon.

It should be effected by block recovery in my opinion.

I wish more of the ability was modified by the actual shield itself, rather than your equipped weapon.
Diamond Supporter since 2012-04-24.
Is there any news or any changes coming to shield charge?
Since I first used Shield Charge I disliked the skill. Reason is that it is quit hard to aim with the skill. Most attack skills are easy to use because you either stand right next to them or you fire a projectile that just need to hit the target. After that there is still the accuracy/evasion-calculation, but first you need to somehow "hit" the target. With all other movement-skills I dont have these problems, because they are either aoe skills or in case of Flicker strike got some sort of auto aim.
Because I found a shield charge gem with quality I wanted to try out a char on rampage with the skill. And it is quit usefull when I bind it to mousekey 1, normally the "only-move" button. This way you just move around when you don´t klick on a target, but as soon as you klick on a target, you use the skill.
Very nice tips, im gonna try that tomorrow.
I would love this skill but for now... its like being under blind status: that is the skill that miss sooo much..

By the way what is maximum distance: the edge of the screen?
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
Grundnir wrote:
"
Avelice wrote:
The end animation is not affected by anything. Not attack speed, not movement speed, not base attack time of the weapon.

It should be effected by block recovery in my opinion.

I wish more of the ability was modified by the actual shield itself, rather than your equipped weapon.

This is the best idea for this skill.

I think they should fix the mechanics of this skill so you dont actually hit air half of the time and make the end animation effected by block recovery, so it may be a viable skill then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info