Raise Zombie

in addition, i believe that the monsters would get the gains in that case too.
Thank you guys...it makes sense..right!
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
in addition, i believe that the monsters would get the gains in that case too.

Yeah. Zombies benefit from leech if you attach leech to them. That's... what I said I think.
Note; they leech for themselves, not for you.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 24, 2012, 12:38:49 PM
I wrote last 3 pages and I saw the same question and no answer:

How much DMG does zombies have exacly?
How much health/resists/def do they have?
"
RG_PankO wrote:
I wrote last 3 pages and I saw the same question and no answer:

How much DMG does zombies have exacly?
How much health/resists/def do they have?
health is now correctly listed on the mouse-over of the skill in your bar, updated by passives. damage/def/res unknown at the moment.
I'm still not sure what best to link with zombies as support. Minion life is something I feel I don't need right now. so I have faster Attacks, Minion Damage and added lightning damage linked to them. I could swap ligthning dmg for cold damage for example, but maybe adding more melee damage would benefit them more? Kinda hard to say without seeing the actual numbers.
What have you guys linked to your zombies?

edit:

Unavailable
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Oct 7, 2012, 6:54:34 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I'm a level 60 witch who prioritises Zombies in the Skill Tree but only reserves a potential 4 linker for Zombie Gems. The best I have at the moment is a 3 Linker for this purpose and I use the obvious Minion Life and Minion Damage Support Gems.

When I get to a 4 linker I will add Extra Minion Speed.

My Zombies currently have over 4000 health and (from my guesswork) over 1000 damage. With extra speed I have no doubt their DPS would also skyrocket. They also explode near death, dealing over 4000 single punch damage in an area of effect.

Saying you 'don't feel you need' extra Minion Life is strange as it benefits both their longevity and final explosion damage and I can see no reason why an extra 100ish elemental damage can possibly compare to this.

I agree, I would like to see the actual ststs but I can't for the life of me see how elemental damage can possibly outweigh both longevity and area of effect explosion damage.

If you don't have the Explosion Passive Skill then your dilemma makes more sense.
I've made a few summoner witches in a past, last being in 0.9.12 being 73 or somehting along those lines. And as many have mentioned before at the higher ends of the game when you got some decent hp passives for minions/supports both zombies and skeletons are worth the time.
But the problem is at the start as many have mentioned. I've started a new summoner witch today since I haven't had the time to play before. And just from the start as soon as I got the Raise Zombie gem from the medicine chest quest and went to the second map my zombiez were quite dead in 2-3 hits. Being level 12 and getting 2 hp passives for them barely raised their survivability. They are very easly killed which makes playing as summoner witch very unrewarding and frustraiting.
Same thing with skeletons. I know they are suppose to be cannon fodder but at the very early levels they are not even worth the mana if they barely survive 1 hit from most monsters.
As mentioned early level monsters that does any aoe damage (goatmen leap attack) just decimate minions.
My suggestion would be to raise the hp at early levels for the minions and give them more hp per level and then slowly reduce the hp per level so they would keep the same hp as currently by the later levels.
"I fear no evil, for I am fear incarnate!"

"Many claim they wish to destroy their enemies. If this were true, most would be compelled to destroy themselves."
Last edited by wizard_6 on Nov 6, 2012, 4:39:12 PM
"
wizard_6 wrote:
I've made a few summoner witches in a past, last being in 0.9.12 being 73 or somehting along those lines. And as many have mentioned before at the higher ends of the game when you got some decent hp passives for minions/supports both zombies and skeletons are worth the time.
But the problem is at the start as many have mentioned. I've started a new summoner witch today since I haven't had the time to play before. And just from the start as soon as I got the Raise Zombie gem from the medicine chest quest and went to the second map my zombiez were quite dead in 2-3 hits. Being level 12 and getting 2 hp passives for them barely raised their survivability. They are very easly killed which makes playing as summoner witch very unrewarding and frustraiting.
Same thing with skeletons. I know they are suppose to be cannon fodder but at the very early levels they are not even worth the mana if they barely survive 1 hit from most monsters.
As mentioned early level monsters that does any aoe damage (goatmen leap attack) just decimate minions.
My suggestion would be to raise the hp at early levels for the minions and give them more hp per level and then slowly reduce the hp per level so they would keep the same hp as currently by the later levels.

I didn't really have much trouble early on. At some point in the second act it started getting tough, but mostly because I didn't grab Minion Instability early enough. I didn't get it until part way through Act 1 of Cruel, at which point things got much better.
I think this is the right thread for my own considered feedback. The animations seems fairly fine. I'm not at all bothered by them. What does bother me is the timing of certain animations. Allow me to elaborate.

Back in the day, the summoner necromancer was my go-to build in Diablo 2. It had everything I found fun in an ARPG playstyle; minions to control and buff, crowd control and small pitched battles that i could sit back and "tweak" in order to win. I lost count how many times I levelled a necromancer with a variant to that playstyle up through hell difficulty. Naturally I was keen on trying out the Path of Exile summons, especially the zombies which bear the closest resemblance to D2's skeletons.

I tried them and... something was Missing. Two things, actually. The first is innate regeneration; this is more of a preference. A small amount of natural regeneration on a permanent monster summon removes the headache that is constant resummoning. But I can deal with that, it's a part of Path of Exile's mechanical intricacy that I can have minions with regeneration; I just need to pay a mechanical price to do so in terms of a shield with necromantic aegis or a rejuvination totem, or a vitality aura.

The second and more jarring thing is the way the zombies themselves fight. Not their strength; they're plenty tough and hit extremely hard for what they are. I mean the cosmetic and positioning effect the way zombies fight has on the flow of combat. A skeleton warrior in diablo 2 will approach an enemy at pace and swing to attack, initiating the battle as soon as they approach within combat range. They're like little angry wasps eager to kill. Zombies (perhaps fittingly) shamble up, seem to linger for a second, then flail sloooooowly before hopefully hitting the enemy. While this is undoubtedly more zombie-esque, it really makes it hard to get into any rhythm of battle; I feel like every new mob of enemies jars me to a halt as the zombies slowly engage the nerby enemies and struggle to dispatch the stragglers efficiently.

Yes there is minion instability, so essentially all they need to do is get killed and you'll do decent damage... But I don't see why minion instability should be a practical requirement for any and all summoner builds. With enough investment of skills and passives and auras and curses, I think it should be entirely possible to kill reliably and efficiently with just minions. Presently the first criteria is achievable, the second is highly questionable.

To further clarify what I'm pointing to as a place for improvement (keeping in mind I'm aware the summons are so much bettwe in terms of ai and persistence as they were only a short time ago); a level 70 summoner with zombies that hit for a whole lot of damage would still take much longer than comparably levelled characters to clear the Normal difficulty Terraces area in spite of the fact that they can one-shot everything. The zombies just take too long to acquire new targets and then to beat them into the dirt.

Hopefully having illustrated what I mean, it's pretty easily fixable; have zombies be even more attentive and aggressive than they are now, and lose the delay in acquiring targets and beginning a fight with them (The former much more than the latter; zombies seem fairly eager to acquire targets as it is).
Last edited by OverUsedChewToy on Nov 12, 2012, 10:57:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info