Leap Slam

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2024, 5:29:56 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Question - what is the exact animation duration for this skill? Is it supposed to last exactly as long as indicated by its attack speed/DPS?
Leap Slam feels underpowered -

I think for all classes leap slam is probably underpowered, but for my character beerdrinker it feels underpowered for sure.I feel leap slam should do alot more dmg(2-3 times maybe) then it does now.The knock back chance is ok(may need balancing) on leap slam but the amount the enemies are knockedback should be greater.You could leave mana cost the same or raise very slighty 1 - 3(maybe more) mana max,but add dmg and mabye slow it down so you cant spam it.Maybe increase critical chance too.

Compared to cleave leap slam is way underpowered.

Leap Slam needs a little bigger radius also imo.

Maybe Leap Slam dmg could increase with jumping distance.

I cant be sure of exact values,but dmg should definitely be increased.

Last edited by IDeAdOneI on Dec 6, 2011, 4:46:43 PM
"
IDeAdOneI wrote:

Two completely different skills there. I think it's fine so far (I am level 20), it's not meant to be a dmg dealing skill I don't believe, more for maneuverability. To jump into a crowd for sweep/cleave/whatever or if it's too crowded, to jump out.

"
DoDoBird wrote:
"
IDeAdOneI wrote:

Two completely different skills there. I think it's fine so far (I am level 20), it's not meant to be a dmg dealing skill I don't believe, more for maneuverability. To jump into a crowd for sweep/cleave/whatever or if it's too crowded, to jump out.

If this is the case i think Leap Slam should be quicker to cast and they should improve the response of it.It feels slow and unresponsive to me for jumping in and out.

If its gonna do more damage then it should remain the same speed or maybe a little slower.

I realize they are different and have different purposes.

There is no reason you shouldnt be able to use it for damage either.It would be a good Aoe damage skill for melee. They could adjust speed and maybe add a cooldown so it wont be too spammy.I get tired of just spamming cleave all the time for Aoe damage.

By the way my character was level 44 duelist with one-hand and duel wield passives for dmg,speed,accuracy. 140 str 117 dex. Have melee physical damage support gem(total melee damage +30% starting).dual wield sword
and axe. Currently level 48 638.6 dps leap slam
Last edited by IDeAdOneI on Dec 7, 2011, 4:47:20 AM
"
konfeta wrote:
Question - what is the exact animation duration for this skill? Is it supposed to last exactly as long as indicated by its attack speed/DPS?
For most attacks, the base duration is determined by your weapon, and affected by attack speed.

There are currently two exceptions to this - Leap Slam and Ground Slam both specify their own base duration, which is then affected by attack speed. This means they have less drawback than other attacks from using slow weapons, since the weapon's base duration will not make the skill slower. It also means the DPS and attacks per second in the character sheet don't handle them correctly because the character sheet doesn't understand that these attacks differ from all others in this way.

I cannot tell you the exact duration of leap slam right now because I am at home, but I will look it up at work for you and report back.
Cool.

Leap Slam is my hardest hitting AoE attack, but it's speed in no way makes it match the DPS its listing. And Ground Slam seems to cast way, way faster than the rest of my melee attacks.
leap slam base duration is 1.9 seconds.
Which is improved directly by +% IAS? Weapon base speed completely irrelevant?

Hm. Feels like it should use the base weapon swing speed, two handers generally have only a ~1 second base duration, no?
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 7, 2011, 5:07:08 PM
"
konfeta wrote:
Which is improved directly by +% IAS? Weapon base speed completely irrelevant?
Yes.

"
konfeta wrote:
Hm. Feels like it should use the base weapon swing speed, two handers generally have only a ~1 second base duration, no?
But it's not only used with two-handed weapons. Making it use the base weapon duration would look ridiculous with some weapons, you'd have marauders and duelists hopping around like rabbits.
It does make sense that jumping into the air, traveling, landing and getting up again takes longer than swinging a weapon. It's possible that we'll look into other solutions, such as applying a multiplier to the base weapon duration, so it still takes longer but is affected, or we may leave it as a feature of the skill making it more useful with slower weapons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info