Ice Spear

"
Syhl wrote:
The 600% Crit Chance on this Skill is a bit overpowered imo.

Each Witch build with Ice Spear is viable as monsters can't move.

Combined with +Cast Speed and +LMP or GMP ... monsters/players (in Cot League) won't reach the player with this skill (except with Leap Slam but you can't froze Leapers too in air or Flicker Strike maybe).

I saw many builds with Ice Spear Totem, Ice Spear on a Ranger/Shadow ...

Maybe 600% is too much, what about 200% or something like this ? Because we will see many clones Ice Spear Builds :x

(Like the last HC Race with Top 10 was Ice Spear Witches)
i'd prefer that they divide pve from pvp in terms of skills (but they might also have to adjust monsters in the pvp server...).

relatedly, wonder why devs choce 600 instead of 500 or 400 (7 times 6 times and 5 times respectively). maybe just my ocd liking the number 5 or even numbers or clean math. >.>;
If you ask me, it's simply that Freeze is overpowered moreso than individual skills. Lasts too long* and is simply too strong; the monster can't do anything. Guess why all those Cold damage monsters get nerfed over and over again? Because Freeze is so powerful.
Ice Spear gets a ridiculous Crit chance boost, so you almost always proc that Freeze.

* = The duration is based on damage dealt, and it only occurs on Crits naturally. Almost all (if not 100%) of your damage is Cold anyways, and the Crit multiplier ramps that up to eleven. Permafrost.
I'm beginning to think this is +600% of the base crit (7%), which means it's just an additional 42% chance for a critical hit.

Why do I think this?

If 95% is the critical cap, it certainly doesn't feel like 95% of my Ice Spears are landing a critical. That or I'm just having some very odd streaks of bad luck to miss a critical 5 times in a row.
what zoen said, the +600% is to the chance of critting, not the damage of the crits and yes a multiplier and not additive.
For me it takes too long for the projectile to transform. On my 720P screen, when firing up/down the only way I can hit monsters with the second form is if they are off screen which is very frustating. I basically have to guess where they are. Possibly reduce the distance it needs to travel before it changes? The skill would probably need a slight rebalance though.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Nov 11, 2012, 3:26:55 PM
A friend 3 shoted Brutus on Cruel mode, same level with a poor rare weapon and magic/rare gear... this skill NEEDS a rebalance, especially now with Frostbite + Cold Penetration gems.

It was already too much before, it's now really overpowered.
+1
Do the "Projectile Damage" nodes increase Ice Spear damage?
Is there any way to change transformation distance?
IGN: Jagdtiger [Default]
projectile damage increases ice spear's damage, it is a projectile.
projectile speed increases the range of ice spear, not sure about the stage 2 part.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info