Ice Nova

All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Can anyone who uses this "end game" talk about its usefulness there? It seems to me that the base damage is too low to be used as a damaging skill and the base crit chance is too low to be used as crowd control. Even in my VERY brief usage, Ice Nova already feels like it is falling behind other skills in usefulness. Does this slippage continue?
"
darkcoug wrote:
Can anyone who uses this "end game" talk about its usefulness there? It seems to me that the base damage is too low to be used as a damaging skill and the base crit chance is too low to be used as crowd control. Even in my VERY brief usage, Ice Nova already feels like it is falling behind other skills in usefulness. Does this slippage continue?
Yup. It certainly does continue. And with how strong monster attacks become in Chaos, Ice Nova is totally impractical. If the melee enemies don't kill you, the ranged will because you're standing still.
seems fine in chaos for me using a critical build, i only switch to ice spear on certain mob types(leaping goats, chaos fragments),large hp pool targets.
i do +-2500dps with nova wich seems okay in killing speed.
build

gear:
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I do a bit over 3k dps with my ice nova and it seems to work fine in Chaos, although you have to be careful around some mobs and combine it with skills like temporal chains, elemental weakness, ice spear and spark. In parties I don't use ice nova very often and freeze them more with ice spear or shock them with spark. All in all I think ice nova is a useful and well balanced skill now, not too powerful and not too weak either. :)
If i chaincast this spell i lose my mouseover and i cant see what is under my mouse.
At first this seams not that bad, but i need to stop my casting to look whats all around me.

I dont know if this is a bug or not.
But to see infight whats at a certain point and at which hitpointlevel it is is very usefull and a must have i think.
English is my third language, there will be bugs.
"
LadyDevimon wrote:
If i chaincast this spell i lose my mouseover and i cant see what is under my mouse.
At first this seams not that bad, but i need to stop my casting to look whats all around me.

I dont know if this is a bug or not.
But to see infight whats at a certain point and at which hitpointlevel it is is very usefull and a must have i think.

This ^
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
the AoE range nerf on 0.9.8 its really gona hurt this skill
with this change ice nova becomes mediocre at best unless you go full out str and use iron will
Last edited by ziiion on Mar 30, 2012, 5:20:54 PM
Can the animation please reflect the actual radius of the skill? I would really like it this could happen. Not just for this skill but for all the skills
IGN: Guillotine - Shadow - Open Beta
Bawss - 73 Witch - Closed Beta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info