Heavy Strike

The only pure strength and high physical damage dealing single target ability in the game, and it has to be absolute crap because of knockback. For leeching purposes, I wanted to use this gem for 1v1 bosses but can't due to bosses gettin stuck in walls. And not only that, but the constant hit/move, hit/move dance that you do, actually renders the effective damage of this skill FAR FAR lower than the tooltip dps.

The new multistrike gem with heavy strike is proof of just how knockback kills your effective dps. Please GGG, this has been an issue for a very long time, and many of us just can't understand why it hasn't been fixed yet. It should be as simple as removing the knockback from the gem or replacing it with something else. How about an on hit effect for physical users? Instead of knockback, each hit has a 15% chance to cause 50% of your physical damage to ignore armor?

I know things aren't always as simple as we, the community, assume they are. But when we are left in the dark about such things, all we can do is hypothesize and make assumptions. Give us something we can use here. Please.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 17, 2013, 4:56:46 PM
"
oldmanriver wrote:
I really want to have a pure physical melee skill to use with multistrike that doesnt make my team members hate me.

Double Strike.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
oldmanriver wrote:
I really want to have a pure physical melee skill to use with multistrike that doesnt make my team members hate me.

Double Strike.

Req over 150 dex to max. I can't speak for all melee, but my build wouldn't be able to max this skill. Still, it really is the only other viable option. Maxed or not.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Apr 17, 2013, 7:39:31 PM
Remove the knock-back please! There is no need for it!!!
Wow so apparently this is already a big issue. I was playing around with a 6 link Marohi and was going to respec into a Heavy Strike + Melee Splash build with the upcoming full respec.

Well, the skill really is unusable because of the desync problem. I run up to a huge group of monsters and they should all just die in one hit because of the large damage, and on the screen it SHOWS all of them being hit, but only about 1/3 of them actually take damage and die, then I'm left swinging and nothing happening for a while.

But if I use Glacial Hammer they all get hit and die. My friend that I play with has really high IIQ/IIR though and hates glacial, because of it's build it 'culling strike' when the monster gets down to 1/3 life it just dies if frozen.

I really wanted to use heavy strike.

If GGG is seeing all of this, they should really just remove knockback until they can come up with something different.
"
Couthless wrote:
"
Simeonus wrote:
"
skarrmania wrote:
I said it before and I will say it again. Please remove knockback mechanic from the game totally ! it's useless.

Signed, while party hunting team lose DPS, because need to move and move after each knockback.

Double-Signed.
When it comes to single-target physical damage, Heavy Strike is all that strength users have and the KB aspect makes it entirely unusable for damage. Sure we could use Dominating Blow but that is a utility skill, not damage.
Heavy Strike is too crappy to fill the hole it was designed to fill. Either we need a new, similar power with no KB involved or HS needs its KB removed.

Yes dominating blow would work but the main problem with skills like that is mana cost. If you 5 or 6 link it it would cost easily over 300 mana. Could use blood magic witha 6 link I guess.

With the melee buffs coming more people are going to start complaining also.
I did not see any devs reply in a long time and the latest patch is already out but just in case it might make a difference in numbers...PLEASE REMOVE KNOCKBACK.

Does it not strike you as ODD that an insanely strong (large STR) character does not have the ability to just do a lot of damage? Instead of knocking them back, i want them to get grounded. A huge hammer would certainly put at least some monsters into the ground :D.
I had a very fun build planned (ele prolif heavy strike with goddess scorned), but sadly it can't work until Heavy Strike's knockback gets removed.
Remove the knockback or remove the skill. In it's current state it's compleatly useless. With that effect it will never be used in a lategame build unless knockback would be reworked to give a considerable debuff. Like a bleed effect or a very long stun/root.

But as of now this skill wount be used for anything after maybe level 2 by the marauder.
+1 to remove knockback. Make it a stun or pierce armor or something.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
Last edited by Mortezzah on Aug 22, 2013, 12:21:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info