Heavy Strike

[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 9, 2018, 5:21:59 PM
Please remove the knockback effect.
Ground Slam, now and forever.
Also here to ask for knock back to be removed, on standard bosses it makes it impractical to use multistrike with it because the bosses will be knocked back out range for the third hit.

Suggestion 1: remove knock back entirely from the skill
Suggestion 2: add it to the thresh hold jewels by adding 50% reduced knock back distance (limit 2)
Suggestion 3: adding to the jewel (50% reduced knock back distance on double damage)
Suggestion 4: make knocked backed targets a pseudo projectile effected by area (for distance) to make it deal damage to enemies it knock backed through

mostly want a way to get rid of knock back other than sacrificing a glove slot which does even effect the real end game bosses, only adds inconvenience to the skill
Last edited by Dawnvale on Jun 20, 2019, 6:07:37 PM
Please remove the damn knockback from Heavy Strike already.
It makes HS super clunky to use, is completely unnecessary thematically, and makes multistrike support impossible to use properly with it.
You literally don't have to do any other changes to it, because HS already scales really well through weight of the empire and the innate stun threshold reduction.

"
Cauterna wrote:
Is the double damage from the treshold jewel affecting bleeding (and other dot) damage, too, or only the direct damage of Heavy Strike?

Double damage doesn't work with damaging ailments.
Last edited by shalq on Apr 2, 2020, 2:42:42 PM
When Heavy strike dealing double damage, it should have some unique special effect in order to achieve some satisfaction for that moment.
In love Hardcore solo self-found mode
it is a big nerf for heavy strike after remove the threshold jewel. it have 60% double dmg chance with threshold jewel and now we only can have 40% chance with 21lv gem
Please allow heavy strike to work with unarmed.

A slower, harder hitting strike skill would be nice to have the option of using. It would also give unarmed a pseudo crit type skill with its double damage that then COULD crit for BIG damage if both triggered.

Just more options for unarmed are always welcome. I do understand if there's a coding issue but just wanted to give my quick feedback.

Thanks
I'd been thinking a lot about how to make heavy strike good enough, and not just bossing skill that'd come once in a while.

First is the knockback. People hate it, but I do like it since it kept me save. So instead of removing this part, add damage multiplier toward monsters which cannot be knocking back would ease the painful idea of trying to remove knockback part. Also if you could make reverse knockback more accessible, it could be a good thing for many people which don't like knockback.

Second is the improve in mechanic. As we knew that heavy strike is just a slower but heavier default attack, it's just too plain to taste. If we could add some kind of ground effect which causing debuffs and a chance to cruch enemies would be a great addition to heavy strike.

Well the idea of ground effect is kinda random thing, but I think it make sense. Something like showing how "heavy" the target got hit and deal psychological damage to the surrounding kind of thing. I know it's a bit weeby, but it's cool in battle manga so it should be cool in PoE too.

I actually thought about having heavy strike deal even more damage, but it won't fix the problem we have here. So having additional mechanics would be great.

Also the "Armour breaker" in PoE2 demo shouldn't be treat like an upgrade version of heavy strike, so let's cut the tie here :)
Please bring back a way to nullify knockback (gone with alt quality gems)
Or add more ways to reverse the direction (Nobody wants to use Empire's grasp)

Maybe a trans HS that has reversed knockback built into it? Or none at all? Anything, PLEASE.

It doesn't need anything fancy, just an easier way to deal with this godforsaken knockback on MELEE.
As one of the most old skill, heavy strike deserve a transfigured version.
Last edited by pogduckdogcat on Apr 8, 2024, 8:03:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info